PDA

View Full Version : Is there a GOOD time to order from FW?

Crube
22-09-2007, 10:28
Just wondering really, with the preponderance of threads bemoaning the time stuff takes to arrive from FW, and with Games Day coming up tomorrow, is now a bad time to order my AI rulebook?

Do they seem to get further behind after GD maybe? Or should I hold my patience for a while longer?

Be my first FW order so I'm unsure - but I just know that once I get the rule book, there'll be orders aplenty :p

Thanks

jb85
22-09-2007, 10:43
I would have thought that the models would have been more prone to delays than their books. So if it is just the AI rulebook there shouldn't be that much of a problem .

Moralein
22-09-2007, 11:25
If you're after the older models it isn't usually a problem. I've just got a few of the trench sets-delivery took 3 days from the original order.

If they're off to something like Gamesday or you're after a just released model you may have to wait a bit longer.

Keravin
22-09-2007, 13:09
Is it also worth ordering in advance if you're going to WHW? My wife's threatening to take me to Nottingham and we figured we could pick up some Christmas presents from FW whilst we're there.

silashand
22-09-2007, 13:56
I'd wait for Christmas. They tend to lower their price point for free shipping to 100 quid each year around that time which makes it a lot easier to reach that mark than the normal 250 pounds.

Cheers, Gary

Killgore
22-09-2007, 17:41
forgeworld always state that it will be up to 4 weeks (+ another week rescently but fw have put this on their website) so i cant see why people can possibly complain about fw goods taking a few weeks to turn up

very few people wait longer then 4 weeks

the best time to place a order i guess is way before any major holiday season like christmas to avoid the rush and after major games days and before a big product launch

spikyjames
22-09-2007, 18:28
if it's just the book you're ordering try GW Aberdeen, they may have it in stock, otherwise you'll be lumbered with the 12% postage. also i'm pretty sure they're stopping the WW ordering thing.

james

Crube
22-09-2007, 19:46
That's a good idea spikyjames - I'm in Aberdeen on Monday too....

crouchingotter
22-09-2007, 20:51
It'd recommend waiting until the con season comes to an end. But as a rule FW orders take a bit longer than most online operations.