PDA

View Full Version : Shooting on fleeing unit

Urgat
22-09-2007, 11:31
OK, I've always wondered about that, the case happened a few times already, and I can't find an answer in the brb to save my life.
two days ago, I've played a three way battle against chaos and DE as a introdfuction battle for my girlfriend (gniark). Well it so happens that my boar charriot charged a unit of 11 DE lancers, kills only 3, and fails its ld test because it was a draw (DE had a musician).
Well anyway, the game evolves a bit, and, at some point, the DE player shoots my boar charriot. Well she didn't score any hit so nothing happened, but anyway: what the hell happens if you manage to hit a fleeing target? Does it just take a wound, does it instantly makes a fleeing movement opposite/threat source, anything else?

EvC
22-09-2007, 13:34
If you shoot a fleeing target, then... you shoot a fleeing target, exactly as normal.

ebonicmaser
22-09-2007, 13:42
Shoot, and saves as normal. You dont take any panic test as you are already running and to busy to care about what is happening to others.

Urgat
22-09-2007, 13:55
Oki thank you :)
My chaos friend always assumed that you fled as a reaction, just like when you're charged while fleeing.
Well good to know.

T10
26-09-2007, 21:37
Related trivia: Fleeing units are immune to all psychology and do not take psychology tests.

-T10

highelfmage
27-09-2007, 04:13
quick question

do fleeing units counts as skirmishers? so no ranks and a -1 to hit them?

Masque
27-09-2007, 06:15
Nope. Well, not unless they were skirmishers before.

Jonke
27-09-2007, 07:26
quick question

do fleeing units counts as skirmishers? so no ranks and a -1 to hit them?

No, yes and no. A ranked up unit fleeing is not at -1 to hit, but they don't get any rank bonus either (this only matters with skaven).

Festus
27-09-2007, 08:53
And it matters with Boltthrowers: You cannot penetrate Ranks of a fleeing unit, as they have no formation.

Festus

Masque
27-09-2007, 12:53
And it matters with Boltthrowers: You cannot penetrate Ranks of a fleeing unit, as they have no formation.

I don't agree with this. Fleeing doesn't alter or remove a unit's formation.

highelfmage
27-09-2007, 16:41
k thanks a bunch

Festus
27-09-2007, 21:29
I don't agree with this. Fleeing doesn't alter or remove a unit's formation.Well, that is just you: BRB, p.46

Festus

Masque
28-09-2007, 02:40
I assume I'm supposed to be reading the box on Subsequent Actions Of Fleeing Troops. The only thing close to relavant there is that their formation is 'disorganized'. There is no mention that they are without ranks and files or that they have no formation.

Hvidponi
28-09-2007, 03:52
Interresting...
Anyways the only refferance I can find is in the Skaven book P 10, "Remeber that fleeing units do not have rank bonus, so fleeing Skaven will have to rally on thier basic leadership"... But that is written for 6th edition...
If there is no support for this rule in 7th, the Skaven horde just got a whole lot better...
Whack...

TheDarkDaff
28-09-2007, 05:39
Interresting...
Anyways the only refferance I can find is in the Skaven book P 10, "Remeber that fleeing units do not have rank bonus, so fleeing Skaven will have to rally on thier basic leadership"... But that is written for 6th edition...
If there is no support for this rule in 7th, the Skaven horde just got a whole lot better...
Whack...

Not in the slightest. The Skaven Army Book still says they get no rank bonus when fleeing so they don't get a rank bonus regardless of what the BRB says. If your arguement is true then Bret Knights in the Lance formation get no rank bonus because the BRB says that units have to be 5 wide to generate rank bonus.

WLBjork
28-09-2007, 08:15
Try "Move Surviving Fleeing Troops" on page 40.

Fleeing units abandon their formation and run from the enemy in a complete rout, blindly scrambling over the battlefield in an attempt to avoid destruction. Even though the fleeing troops move in a disorganised mob, for the purpose of moving fleeing units it is convenient to keep them in formation.

Then, a little later and on page 41:

Due to their disrupted formation, they ignore any penalties for obstacles and terrain (apart from impassable terrain, see below).

Hvidponi
28-09-2007, 13:59
Where does it say they get no ranks bonus?
The Skaven army book does not specifies the rule, only points towards a rule in the BRB, a rule which does not excists...
This however, seemes like a mistake from GW, but than doesn't mean it wont be abused...
I think this problem should have its own thread...

Festus
28-09-2007, 14:07
There is no problem: Units which are fleeing don't have any formation (neither ranked nor skirmish) and as such, no rules pertaining to formation apply to them, neither rank bonus, nor penetration, nor skirmishing, nothing at all...

FEstus