PDA

View Full Version : Lucius Paradoxes

The Keeper of Secrets
22-09-2007, 15:30
Ok, everyone knows the lucius fluff that means he never dies, but this thread is a bit of fun to explore what would happen if he was killed by, say, a necron, or a defiler.

Those are the only two I can think up off the top of my head, so what can any of you guys think of.

Mechanicus
22-09-2007, 15:35
Well, he's Slaanesh's chosen warrior amongst the Emperor's Children. If Slaanesh wants Lucius back, Lucius will come back, regardless of who killed him. Chaos gods don't have to follow the rules they make... :D

At least, that's how I see it. ;)

burning crome
22-09-2007, 15:42
obital bombardment
mines
eldar bone things
the ship he's on exploding
the thing that kill's him dieing as well

i think it best not the think to much about these fuff thing really

Progena
22-09-2007, 15:43
Lets say he got munched by a Bloodthirster. Even in the unlikely event that he'd be able to take over the corporeal body of a Daemon after a set period of time, the Daemon would perhaps already have returned to the Warp (the Warp, not a Warp/realspace overlay like the 'Eye' or the 'Maelstrom'), where it exists only as Warp-essence. Should Lucious somehow manage to replace a Daemon in the actual Warp then he'd face the fate of any mortal sucked into the Warp; eternal torment at the hands of Gods and petty predators.

Norminator
22-09-2007, 15:48
Gun Drones? I can't see them taking much pride/pleasure out of Lucius' death.

New Cult King
22-09-2007, 16:03
Gun Drones? I can't see them taking much pride/pleasure out of Lucius' death.

Bingo. He only comes back if his killer took even a moment's satisfaction in the kill.

Tom20
22-09-2007, 16:19
Lucius killed by a dalek?

Hive Mind 33
22-09-2007, 16:21
Nids can kill em

khorne808
22-09-2007, 16:25
the frist time lucius came back is because of the guy who frist killed him got molded into him by the gods read the old codx and see lucius pg you'll find everything

Feor
22-09-2007, 18:19
The main one I'm wondering about is a Culexus Assasin. Since some fluff implies that anyone killed by a pariah has their soul destroyed when it flees into the non-warp space created by them.

Fingol23
22-09-2007, 18:21
What about his killer kills himself

codicium_aeternum
22-09-2007, 18:24
hehe... tries to kill himself, fed up with his life, in the moment he realises he has made a fatal wound, he laughs, satisfied with his esca... *bing* CRAP

Eetion
22-09-2007, 18:27
Heh... almost... took several weeks for the first change. Im sure tahts enough time to do the job.

Mutantdale
22-09-2007, 18:44
I want Marneus Calgar to kill him :D :D He would play havoc with those smurf marines when he re-manisfested on there home world...

MD

ctsteel
23-09-2007, 02:26
if he died via means that prevented a particular individual from doing it, I suspect the gods would either pick some other unfortunate from his warband and transform them (the universal short straw), or even perhaps the commander who ordered the orbital strike, or just someone random who hears a rumour that he was killed and says 'good riddance' could be enough to do it.

the gods will do as they will

Noserenda
23-09-2007, 04:49
if he died via means that prevented a particular individual from doing it, I suspect the gods would either pick some other unfortunate from his warband and transform them (the universal short straw), or even perhaps the commander who ordered the orbital strike, or just someone random who hears a rumour that he was killed and says 'good riddance' could be enough to do it.

the gods will do as they will

Victim: But, But- Thats UNFAIR!

Slannesh: God lol

Lucius: High Five!

IncubiLord
23-09-2007, 05:43
This is why Lucius shouldn't be killed.

You should debilitate him and then lock him away in a stasis field or in some similar manner ensure that he can neither escape nor die.

Barring that, the Dark Eldar, at least, know how to harvest and imprison souls. The greatest mortal champion of She Who Thirsts would make an interesting conversation piece.

Yeah, he was giving me attitude about how he was a true immortal, I'll eventually run out of souls to consume and then the Great Enemy will torture me for eternity, and even if I kill him he'll just possess my body and consume me from within - so I had my minions burn off his limbs, we brought him back here, the Haemonculi did their thing, and now I've got this little display that constantly screams with the torment of a Pleasure Cultist placed in sensory deprivation. Isn't it lovely?

RexTalon
23-09-2007, 18:18
What if he died while doing something mundane?

Maybe he's polishing his big shiny sword and accedently trips and stabs himself in the bubblegooze. Tzeench laughs and Slaanesh goes to his room and pouts, because he can't bring him back if he was killed by one of the other gods. [/speculation]

PaRaSiTe_X92
23-09-2007, 18:56
His soul would probably inhabit the sword, and the next time the sword killed someone (or someone used it to kill someone etc) his soul would inhabit them.

Psyren
23-09-2007, 19:02
In one battle I managed to kill Lucius with a spore mine :D
(True story)

The Guy
23-09-2007, 20:34
What if loads of people killed him at EXACTLY the same time?

Grimtuff
23-09-2007, 22:12
Acts of God.

Say a rock falls on him or he's eaten by a Venus mantrap. That'll do him over, though the Dark Eldar idea is nice BTW. :evilgrin:

Cal585
24-09-2007, 02:05
What if loads of people killed him at EXACTLY the same time?

Then someone is likely to feel a moment of satisfaction for taking him out.

Anyway, I'd prefer to think of him as extremly hard to kill, but if you can somehow get around the pleasure from the killing part, then he would be defeated. After all, he's only one character, and it shouldn't take too long for Slaanesh to find a replacement, so she wouldn't be devastated (if she even cared too much at all).

Although maybe that's because I don't like to think of anything as invincible because to me, that leads to a rather boring story.

He who is doom
24-09-2007, 03:57
there is also the idea that there will in the entire verse that someone will go
sweet lucius is dead HA HA and slaanesh would go "new body" or he would just reform from gene magic juju

stormblade
24-09-2007, 08:22
there is also the idea that there will in the entire verse that someone will go
sweet lucius is dead HA HA and slaanesh would go "new body" or he would just reform from gene magic juju

- Hmm, I always thought that one has to enjoy killing/defeating him to be possessed not the fact that he's dead.

brother alinski
24-09-2007, 09:25
Kharn VS Lucius

Savant
24-09-2007, 09:28
More importantly, what if Lucius were killed by a midget?

Dammit, now I want to make a midget Lucius model. ;(

Damien 1427
24-09-2007, 09:40
Necrons and 'Nids are probably best for this.

I must say, I do like the idea proposed by IncubiLord.

Progena
24-09-2007, 15:30
Anyway, I'd prefer to think of him as extremly hard to kill, but if you can somehow get around the pleasure from the killing part, then he would be defeated.

Has anyone considered that perhaps the person trying to kill Lucius doesn't know that he shouldn't feel proud of it if he kills him? I can't really see Lucius running around telling people that if they win against him he'll take over their bodies unless they don't take pleasure in it... People would just run away when they see him and that's no fun for Lucius is it?

brother alinski
24-09-2007, 22:14
said it before i will say it again Kharn, if anybody is gonna put a end to lucius it has to be a chapion of khorn, a skull is a skull, if the worrior who died is good all the better but they dont take pleasher from battle, thats why khorn hates slannesh

Vedar
24-09-2007, 23:18
What if a guard mortar team drops a round on him never knowing who they hit? Or if the motar round hit a building that colapsed on him and after the dust settled knowbody knows what happened to him?

IncubiLord
24-09-2007, 23:24
Has anyone considered that perhaps the person trying to kill Lucius doesn't know that he shouldn't feel proud of it if he kills him?
Sure, the Tau probably don't know, and many humans probably don't, but there's going to be people who've seen the possessed-then-mutates-then-turns-into-Lucius thing - especially amongst the longer-lived Eldar and the Space Marines (who've apparently had this happen a time or twenty).

Heck, the Harlequins or Farseers might share Lucius' secret with others just to have a better chance at seeing this guy gone for good.