PDA

View Full Version : Khorne termies or Slaneesh termies?

Joah_from_Alberta
22-09-2007, 16:11
I just ordered the SM sprue with five pairs of lightning claws. I am going to make 5 lightning claw termies, yet am undecided between Khorne and Slaneesh. Khorne gets one extra attack each and would cost 15 pts more. Slaneesh hits at I5 and costs 15 pts less.

I'm trying to reason :) which mark would be the best overall. Five Slaneesh termies get 15 attacks at I5 maybe causing 3-5 wounds. Five Khorne termies get 20 attacks at I4 giving 4-7 wounds.

My decision is compounded by the fact that I have 5 World Eaters termies (2 chainfist, 3 power weapons, 5 combie flamers) .

Xenocidal Maniac
22-09-2007, 16:33
Dude. If they're World Eater termies, you gotta give them the Icon of Khorne.

There was a thread here where someone did the math on this. I believe Khorne very slightly edged out Slaanesh in terms of kills per round.

The other thing is, I5 isn't always an advantage. Against Harlequins and Genestealers, for example, who are I6, it does you no good at all. Same as against Guard, Orks, Tau, etc, who are all under I4 to begin with. The extra attack conferred by the Icon of Khorne is always an advantage.

inquisitor solarris
22-09-2007, 17:49
i go with either mark of khorne or even nurgle because most of my time i'm fighting eldar so that they'll most of the time needing 6's to wound me in combat.

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
22-09-2007, 17:52
OR you could have a THEMED army

senorcardgage
22-09-2007, 19:08

Well said :)

Reaver83
22-09-2007, 19:09
i love my khornate termi's with LC's

W0lf
22-09-2007, 19:11
meq are most common.

meq ar I4.

I5 LC termies are great.

thou i do agree you should theme your army...

Joah_from_Alberta
22-09-2007, 19:20
Too bad my termies can't just have a pink spandex suit underneath that they can just change into when they face MEQ.

I'm going to think on this, to give 5 Slaneesh LC termies to my two gay DP or make a 10 man WE termie with two heavy flamer, three combi-plasma and 5 lightning claws.

BTW theme went out the door when I was forced a couple Slaneesh DP down my throat. WE, WE, what WE.

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
22-09-2007, 19:23
Forced? how so?

malisteen
22-09-2007, 19:28
I have to say that the answer is, of course, magnets. One naked banner plole on one of the termies with a magnet in it, and five different icon heads with opposite magnets in them. Then a nice, neutral, black color scheme, with maybe some silver or gold trim. Black, after all, goes with everything. ;)

BrainFireBob
22-09-2007, 20:15
With lightning claws? Mark of Tzeentch. Three attacks base each, re-roll failed to-wound rolls at I4, and a 4+ invulnerable?

And if you were actually dedicated, then you wouldn't be adding Slaanesh DPs based solely on their effectiveness.

RampagingRavener
22-09-2007, 20:46
Personally I'd vote for the Slaaneshii Icon. It's half the price of the Khorne one, and I5 is a huge advantage IMO; you'll be striking either before or simultaniously with most units in the game. I've seen I4 Terminators being screwed over horribly by units which can strike before them due to weight of attacks and a St4 Power Weapon on the Squad Leader. Plus, the twin Lightening Claws will already give you enough attacks to slap things around.

EDIT: Also, if you do lose combat, fail your Ld test and fall back, I5 makes it easier to escape without being run down. It won't come up often, but since Chaos can't fall back on ATSKNF, it's still a useful saftey-net to have.

Max1mum
22-09-2007, 23:03

Well said :)

-very well said-

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
22-09-2007, 23:43
Duuude, i said something well? *drowns in self something*

killa kan kaus
23-09-2007, 00:14
khornage is the way to go

gahris
23-09-2007, 20:49
id go with Slaneesh :)

RavenMorpheus
23-09-2007, 20:55
I just ordered the SM sprue with five pairs of lightning claws. I am going to make 5 lightning claw termies, yet am undecided between Khorne and Slaneesh. Khorne gets one extra attack each and would cost 15 pts more. Slaneesh hits at I5 and costs 15 pts less.

I'm trying to reason :) which mark would be the best overall. Five Slaneesh termies get 15 attacks at I5 maybe causing 3-5 wounds. Five Khorne termies get 20 attacks at I4 giving 4-7 wounds.

My decision is compounded by the fact that I have 5 World Eaters termies (2 chainfist, 3 power weapons, 5 combie flamers) .

Khorne, blood for the blood god...

I'd go with Khorne more attacks, more wounds and if you give them a single lightning claw they get to re-roll the wounds (at least they did, not sure if they've changed that in the new codex or not).

Joah_from_Alberta
24-09-2007, 01:00
Well I did the dirty deed. I went and ordered another 5 pair of lightning claws. With apocalypse upcoming I guess a ten strong World Eaters termie force and five strong Emperor Children termie is a safe bet. Besides, all those lightning claws have got to have some wow factor on the glitter scale. Cheers,