PDA

View Full Version : One Day Cups

Deng Ham
22-09-2007, 22:36
Hi. I've just compleeted such a cup for my Norwegian group.

The idea is to arrange a day where all participants meet up in the chat. And the Organizer sett upp a tournament with the ones that have showed up. And then play until it's finished or it's time to go to bed.

Not only is it fast, but quite social. I know we have had evnings like this in Warseer as well. Where we discuss the games beeing played and coment on them.

I see a fiew problems with doing it in Warseer.
1: We'r not all in the same times Zone. So some adaptation is needed.
2: Not shure if we're able to gather enough players to hold a real tournament.

The reason I post this here. Is to ask you waht you tink of sucha tournament day. And if you think that we'r able to do it.

tenpole
23-09-2007, 10:12
As I remember Autobot and I organized the Christmas Cup last year where we all met up over christmas and played a cup. th0r was there, and I think it was Fredox. The four of us played.

Fredox
24-09-2007, 18:50
Yep I played in that 1

Deng Ham
24-09-2007, 21:13
so of all the players we have on warseer. Only 4 turned up to play.. That's not a good thing.

What if it's semi official. Other thant just for kicks

Lardidar
24-09-2007, 22:18
Time Zones are the kicker here.

If we were all withing 1hr or so then its not a problem but we aint, I would love for something like this to happen.

PhrollikK
24-09-2007, 22:59
Even though not all can join the ones that can could make it fun! As long as it's more than 2 ppl mind you... ;)

tenpole
25-09-2007, 05:24
, I would love for something like this to happen.

Again.

As for the WSFA the Christmas cup probably will happen, not in Christmas day itself but maybe on Christmas eve while the wife is doing the cooking.
Looking back over past games played it was a set played over a week. I think Yorkiebar was running the Warseer group and was away over christmas so we all met on msn and had a funky time.

PhrollikK
25-09-2007, 08:36
Just a note on Christmas eve: Here in swden as well as many other parts in Europe Christmas eve is when "christmas" is celebrated unlike christmas day for the rest :/

tenpole
25-09-2007, 21:29
Some of us sneaked on Christmas day as well.

Deng Ham
25-09-2007, 21:48
hehe... But sometime between 24 and 30 of december. Is a good time. Most of us have the day off and can stay on all of the day.

I even think that I have a chance of making it happen.

Lardidar
25-09-2007, 23:04
24th = Work
25 - 26th = No chance, I have a feeling I would be hung for suggestiong I cant be with family as I have Blood bowl to play.
27th onwards im back at work but can be home for 1pm GMT, So I could come in late.

LordSnotball
27-09-2007, 13:16
We call them Instant Tournaments, the way to go about it is the following:

A group with teams available (not in a tourney, as they are already locked)
Lots of admins (so that anyone can set it up)
Time (coaches need to be able to play 2-3 matches back to back)
Organisation/Pattern (the 7x7 group have ITs all the time, its almost a habit now, if you are serious about it then we should agree that Sundays we'll play tournaments as soon as 4 players get online)

Anyway, just my 2 cents...

Deng Ham
27-09-2007, 13:32
thoes are good cents (or dimes,Ýre,or whatever you call it)

Specialy the part about starting as soon as 4 players are on. How does one organize sutch a tourny. In terms of group sett up and progression.

As I said above, the NBBM held a knock out cup this way. And opended up for free play for teams already knocked out.

tenpole
27-09-2007, 15:35
In yorkies 4vs 4 this is ideal as the games are so quick.

PhrollikK
27-09-2007, 20:54
I vote stunty! I would love to extend the WSFA stunty tourneys a little and stunty games in general are fun and quick!

tenpole
28-09-2007, 23:31
Lets finish the current tournament and get Warriors Come Out to play, out of the way first!

LordSnotball
05-10-2007, 13:29
well, team progression can be a pain, as its normally a knockout tourney...

one option is to remove team progression [i think its possible] and just have fun with TR 100 teams every now and then...