PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Up The Line

Cycorax
22-09-2007, 22:46
Hey i was playing a game today and me and my friend havent much gaming experience and we came across as situation where my glade riders overran a unit of giant rats into a unit of clan rats, they then proceeded to brake the clan rats. I was wondering weather or not they could of overran again, into the unit of plague monks, or are you only aloud one overrun?

Thanks ;)

theunwantedbeing
22-09-2007, 22:59
page 45 says you get to pursue only 1 enemy unit that you break,and you get to break a maximum of 2 units.

T10
22-09-2007, 23:14
It depends on what you mean, but under the most optimal circumstances a unit will be able to pursue/overrun only once per combat phase.

If what you described happened in the very same turn, then you only get one overrun.

If you wiped out the first unit and overran into the next unit, and then fought that combat in the next turn then you would get an overrun from each combat.

-T10

huitzilopochtli
23-09-2007, 13:03
you can only overrun once per turn.

If you wiped out the first unit and overran into the next unit, and then fought that combat in the next turn then you would get an overrun from each combat.

-T10

can you please clarify this? i thought you could only overrun on the turn you charged?

Festus
23-09-2007, 13:54
Hi

If you overrun into a fresh oponent, you are a charger, even in the enemy's turn.

Festus

huitzilopochtli
23-09-2007, 14:23
Hi

If you overrun into a fresh oponent, you are a charger, even in the enemy's turn.

Festus

ah... so if they overrun into a unit that has already fought their combat they can overrun a second time in the enemies turn?

Festus
23-09-2007, 14:59
Not necessarily.

If you overrun into an enemy who doesn't still fight (various reasons) in this turn, you will fight him in the next turn, counting as charger.

So. You can charge and then possibly overrun. If you hit another unit, there are two possibilities: A) You will fight them in the next combat phase (in the enemy's turn), if they are not already engaged or have fought already. B) Or you fight them this turn (if they are already engaged and their combat is yet to be worked out).

If A), you will be a charger next turn, and so are eligible for an overrun move in your opnent's turn.
If B) there are two possibilities: You destroy them or not (a) or b) respectively. If you do not destroy them (b)), all is well. If you destroy them (a)), you may not overrun a second time. BRB, p.45

Festus

huitzilopochtli
25-09-2007, 17:05
ahhh, ok thanks Festus. :)