PDA

View Full Version : reflect a killing blow?

Sir_Lunchalot
01-09-2005, 00:37
what happens if a Vampire Counts model with the Gem of blood is killed by a model's killing blow? does it reflect only one wound, or does it reflect a killing blow, or does it fail to work? :skull:

Ganymede
01-09-2005, 00:49
You can not reflect a killing below.

Instead, you would reflect the single wound that caused the killing blow.

mechwarrior123
01-09-2005, 09:57
I thought that a the point of a killing blow was that it killed a man sized creature outright, not one wound at a time.

Arnizipal
01-09-2005, 10:19
I thought that a the point of a killing blow was that it killed a man sized creature outright, not one wound at a time.
Technially a Killing Blow is one attack that does as many wounds as the receiving man-sized model has. Though armoursaves are not allowed, ward save are.
The Gem of Blood is a 2+ ward that rebounds a wound against the one who inflicted it.
I'd rule the wound gets rebounded, but not the killing blow. I don't have any rulebook quotes to rationalize this, but it seems the logical thing to do.

Yanos
01-09-2005, 10:37
I agree. The Alco Engineer made a very good point when this same question was brought up regarding the Black Amulet: the Gem of Blood (or rebounding Item of your choice) does not have the Killing Blow special rule. The striker of the original blow had that. So a KB shouldn't get rebounded back by the Gem/Amulet :).

Festus
01-09-2005, 16:50
Hi

Indeed, a rebound against the KB just rebounds the original wound, not the KB.

Greetings
Festus

theblklotus
22-09-2005, 01:52
Ick... I have yet to encounter that situation and I would hate to have to argue that point. I am in line with you all in that it is only a single reflected wound.

Earlandir
22-09-2005, 05:04
i would say it reflects all the remaining wounds on your profile. because thats how many wounds the KB does

Eldaron
22-09-2005, 10:13
No, actually it does not. The rules quite clearly state the difference between KB and multiple wounds. KB does NOT inflict multiple wounds, it is just a special rule that states that any model wounded in a specific manner (read: 6 on a roll to-wound) is automatically slain, no matter how many wounds it has left. That are not multiple wounds however, since just one wound is inflicted. Therefore, only one wound will be reflected.

Cheesejoff
24-09-2005, 08:19
if you think about it, say your character has three wounds, and you suffer a killing blow, you technically suffer 3 wounds, but the item's descritpion states you only rebound a single wound, so wouldn't you suffer two wounds?

Festus
24-09-2005, 10:31
No,

As pointed out above, KB is just one attack, just one hit, and just one wound.
It only has the additonal effect of killing a man sized character outright if the to-wound-roll is a natural 6, it doesn't deal any wounds over and above the usual one.
The *killing* is a special rule kicking in under certain circumstances.

As the model/item rebounding doesn't have this special rule, the KB part of the hit is not rebounded.

Greetings
Festus

Eldaron
24-09-2005, 13:48
and you suffer a killing blow, you technically suffer 3 wounds

Nope, you don`t. A KB is a special rule that automatically slays a model if it suffers a wound under special circumstances.
Taking your example, you have a character with 3 wounds. His opponent has the KB special rule, he hits the model and rolls a 6 on his to-wound roll. You character only suffers only one wound, but due to the special effects of the KB the character is slain outright. He does not suffer multiple wounds as that would have to be clearly stated in the special rule, which isn`t the case.

Tarax
27-09-2005, 07:44
For combat results you look at the remaining wounds on the profile. So if a character with 3 wounds already has suffered 1 wound and subsequently is killed by Killing Blow, you add 2 wounds for combat results.

As for the question about the Gem of Blood, just 1 wound is reflected as that is what is caused by the attacker, just like you wouldn't multiply wounds that would be reflected.

Festus
27-09-2005, 08:05
Hi

For combat results you look at the remaining wounds on the profile. So if a character with 3 wounds already has suffered 1 wound and subsequently is killed by Killing Blow, you add 2 wounds for combat results.
Yes, that is why the wounds actually sufferd are figured into the CR (with the notable exception of being able to *overkill* up to 5W above wounds suffered).

But this has nothing to do with rebound, has it?

Greetings
Festus

Tarax
27-09-2005, 08:10
Correct, but it came up, so I answered.

Frodo34x
28-09-2005, 18:20
I would say that since you only take one ward save, only one wound is rebounded.

GranFarfar
28-09-2005, 20:37
Am I to assume that this is how it works on the collar of sapesh to?

Festus
28-09-2005, 20:52
Hi

In any case: A killing blow cannot be reflected as a KB, just as one Wound.

Greetings
Festus