PDA

View Full Version : Can space marines...

flare8521
24-09-2007, 01:38
Can space marines have sex?
I know this question seems stupid, weird, perverted, immature and maybe also creepy considering we're talking about toy soldiers. But please read why I'm wondering before you try to insult/block/ban me.
The thing is i've been playing Emperor's Children for a good while now and I love writing fanfiction. In WhFantasy fluff about Slaanesh, they always talk about orgies and champions waking up with two sleeping women next to him and stuff like that. I do not want to write erotic 40k fanfic (oh god just the though... eew), I'm just wondering if it would make sense to mention such things in 40k slaaneshi fiction. Or if it's completely impossible.
I just read about all 19 implants, and except for the black carapace I don't see why they couldn't. There's also the problem of the armor. How easy is it for a marine to remove his armor and all?
Anyway, the only sure thing is I don't recomand they kiss (betcher's glands anyone? :p).

Your thoughts?

Ktotwf
24-09-2007, 01:41
Short answer: No.

Long Answer: No, and they wouldn't want to.

Shiakou
24-09-2007, 01:43
I remember a thread exactly like this one on Gamefaqs. . .

deathwing_marine
24-09-2007, 01:46
They can, but dont want to.

Please, lets not let this threead go any further, there are seriously like 10 identical threads like this every month

flare8521
24-09-2007, 02:24
Sorry guys I didn't know nor thought it was a faq. As for the "don't want to", if you read more than the first line of my post you know i'm talking about Slaanesh worshipers so.. anyways. Thanks for your answers. Don't mind not go further.

deathwing_marine
24-09-2007, 03:25
sorry buddy, didnt mean to come off that way

but im sure slaaneshi marines love raping people, probably all the time :p

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
24-09-2007, 03:51
Yeah, Slaanesh Marines get brand-new Chaosy penises when they are "chosen" or whatever. With, like, attachments and tentacles and crap...it's super nasty, but they think it's awesome. *shudders* I'm going to stop this now. Slaanesh is such a sicko pervert it's ridiculous.

Khaine's Messenger
24-09-2007, 04:09
The thing is i've been playing Emperor's Children for a good while now and I love writing fanfiction.

I would suggest a read through of Fulgrim. Thematically speaking, those who worship Slaanesh start getting wired weird, and in the end, "sex" is just one more thing that fancies them. But yes, it's okay to mention some of the trappings of Slaaneshi worship, and those trappings do translate from FB. For fanfic purposes, I think it's tasteful to approach it in a look-but-don't-tell sense (ie, vague language), because a lot of forums like to pride themselves on being "family friendly." Mind you, Jaq Draco's description of a raid by the Emperor's Children was just this side of graphic....

As long as you approach it in a mature, even manner and don't just treat Slaanesh as "sex lolz," you are okay.

How easy is it for a marine to remove his armor and all?

The only people it's hard for are those for whom the armor is bonded to their skin...usually Chaos Marines. But even then, that's not a problem, since the Dark Gods are fond of bestowing rather blasphemous modifications to Space Marine anatomy, and for many Chaos Marines, "second skin" is a rather literal description for their armor....

Anyway, the only sure thing is I don't recomand they kiss (betcher's glands anyone? :p).

Such mortification and physical sensation as that might cause would probably be quite enticing for a worshiper of Slaanesh. *shrugs*

Where it comes to normal marines? If one can keep the conversation tasteful, okay. Otherwise, I'm with deathwing_marine.

Luthien
24-09-2007, 14:51
I do love these threads, some in the past have been bloody hilarious

Philip S
24-09-2007, 15:14
Can space marines have sex?
<snip>
Your thoughts?
No they can't.

This probably makes you wonder what's going on as sex drive is a powerful motivator, where denying it, indulging or chasing. Without it, wouldn't a person be less aggressive?

To get your had around the concept, I would suggest that you think of marines as being re-wired, and their sex drive driven though different stimuli. From a psychology point of view, the nearest analogy in humans would be a serial killer who gets his (sexual and power) kicks by killing.

So a marine, is not going to react to flattery in a way most would want. If you get his interest in 'that way' you may end up dead.

I would further suggest that the cues for killing and the desire to kill is base on wrong doing/ heresy. In a perverse way marines are attached to 'evil' and indulge in death. They desire to get into battle with enemies of the Imperium because it is their overwhelming desire.

So, with regard to Slaaneshie marine, I very much doubt they have sex, but their 'serial killer' like instincts may go haywire, and everyone becomes a target and they just love to kill.

Philip

flare8521
24-09-2007, 16:46
Well thanks for your input guys. I will indeed look for Fulgrim at my GW store.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
24-09-2007, 16:57
I am going to go ahead and disagre with Phil on this one. I'm going to say it's an issue of pleasure, not necessarily tied to sexual gratification. The two are not the same thing. Space Marines do not "get off" on killing, but they do derive pleasure from destroying enemies of the Imperium because it fits with their view, ie. traitors, xenos, daemons should be killed. They are happy because they are serving the Emperor/Imperium, and that's what they like and respect. That's why they enjoy killing, not because their Chapter Apothecaries rewired their penis into the killing section of the brain.

Traitor Slaaneshi Marines, on the other hand...well, just read Fulgrim. There's a part at the end when the Emperor's Children Marines turn to Chaos that pretty much perfectly describes what's happening. And from then on it's more of a corruption/perversion of what is normal/natural then a wiring issue.

RedStompa
24-09-2007, 16:58
"but im sure slaaneshi marines love raping people, probably all the time"

Being an EC prisoner must suck. No pun indended.

Philip S
24-09-2007, 17:10
That's why they enjoy killing, not because their Chapter Apothecaries rewired their penis into the killing section of the brain.
Some serial killers aren't sexual, though the drives are tied to skewed sexuality. Often the kill is a replacement. Euphoria is still a part.

To think of marine are being human in 'thought' is a mistake, they are psycho-conditioned and want to kill.

So, while the enjoy killing the enemies in an idealogical way, they also enjoy killing - but it has to be the right target. In the way a religious fanatic may enjoy killing a heretic, not just for ideological reasons but also because it feels good to do the right thing and be 'justified' doing it.

It makes marines a lot more dangerous because they are actively looking for a reason to kill.

Though I freely admit I prefer Rogue Trader (first edition) era marines!

Philip

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
24-09-2007, 17:34
I'm jsut saying, based on all of the Black Library novels I've read (which is a lot) Space Marines have been psycho-conditioned to get rid of fear and doubt and whatnot, but they still are humans...of a sort. They still employ reasoning and logic. I'm not denying the link between pleasure and killing, I'm just saying it's not a sexual thing. They are conditioned to feel that killing enemies of the Imperium is good/right, so it makes them feel good/accomplished when they actually do it.

Progena
24-09-2007, 17:46
If this question has been up before, then perhaps this point has been mentioned too. Space Marine recruits are taken from their homeworlds (often) before they reach puberty. Implants and drugs would perhaps mess with their biological clocks. The same implants would make puberty unneccesary as they increase a recruit's muscle mass and skeletal structure, they'd perhaps never reach sexual maturity.

Nargrakhan
24-09-2007, 18:37
Yeah, Slaanesh Marines get brand-new Chaosy penises when they are "chosen" or whatever. With, like, attachments and tentacles and crap...it's super nasty, but they think it's awesome. *shudders* I'm going to stop this now. Slaanesh is such a sicko pervert it's ridiculous.

Just watch a Japanese adult anime, with tentacle creatures, and you've pretty much summed up whatever Slaanesh can dish up more or less.

Believe it or not, there are actually (obviously unofficial) 40K hentai manga sold in Akihabara. I've seen a few of them in doujin markets... probably best for my sanity, that I never bought one. :p

Lord_Crull
24-09-2007, 18:48
Just watch a Japanese adult anime, with tentacle creatures, and you've pretty much summed up whatever Slaanesh can dish up more or less.

Believe it or not, there are actually (obviously unofficial) 40K hentai manga sold in Akihabara. I've seen a few of them in doujin markets... probably best for my sanity, that I never bought one. :p

Are you serious?:eek::eek::eek:

Nargrakhan
24-09-2007, 18:58
Are you serious?:eek::eek::eek:

Yes. Dead serious.

Remember... Japan is a country that organized the largest orgy (http://www.google.com/search?q=%22largest+orgy) in recorded history - so it shouldn't come as too much as a surprise.

I have nothing but love for them, mind you. ;)

Captain Stern
24-09-2007, 19:47
Why do you automatically assume Slaanesh = sex?

He's the god of pleasure and pain. A mortal or space marine could be tempted by pleasures such as the love of the hunt (as in that warhammer novel Storm Warriors), love of music e.t.c. I don't think Slaaneshi marines should have anything to do with sex.

Nargrakhan
24-09-2007, 19:58
No. Slaanesh is not just sex. He's all pleasures and pain... from beautiful works of art, music, and literature to the exacting precision and science of torcher. That and more. However sex (and even love itself) is pleasure and pain - and thus it is Slaanesh. Just as there are those who are tempted by the Dark Prince for the sensual wonders that the eyes and ears can comprehend, there are those who succumb because of the pleasures of the flesh. So yes... Slaanesh is not automatically sex - but to truly immerse oneself in all that Slaanesh offers, it is but one stepping stone that must walked upon.

And twincest. Definitely twincest. ;)

Maren
24-09-2007, 20:01
In SpaceWolf Ragnar says at one point that he felt a feeling he shouldn't be able to feel. "Sexual interest" in a woman. So i guess not. They remove all the weak lovey dovey crap when they make them nice and hard über men.

Captain Stern
24-09-2007, 20:11
No. Slaanesh is not just sex. He's all pleasures and pain... from beautiful works of art, music, and literature to the exacting precision and science of torcher. That and more. However sex (and even love itself) is pleasure and pain - and thus it is Slaanesh. Just as there are those who are tempted by the Dark Prince for the sensual wonders that the eyes and ears can comprehend, there are those who succumb because of the pleasures of the flesh. So yes... Slaanesh is not automatically sex - but to truly immerse oneself in all that Slaanesh offers, it is but one stepping stone that must walked upon.

And twincest. Definitely twincest. ;)

Who says a follower of Slaanesh has to immerse himself in all that Slaanesh offers? I don't think that's the case at all.

Nargrakhan
24-09-2007, 20:25
Who says a follower of Slaanesh has to immerse himself in all that Slaanesh offers? I don't think that's the case at all.

Not everyone who follows the call of the Dark Prince seeks everything he has to offer... I never said that they did. A sex starved nympho may never care for the beautiful colors on a canvas. However - to reiterate what I said before - to grasp everything Slaanesh has to offer (and there are those who try... nearly all of whom ultimately fail), it is but one faucet of the ultimate whole.

Do not deny that sex is not Slaanesh: because it is - the raw primal passion. It is NOT a mandatory path: but a path nevertheless... and one of his most popular and favored ones, given the fluff on Daemonettes and Keepers of Secrets.

MrBigMr
24-09-2007, 20:59
No they can't.
Physically they're all geared, even well endowed by what I've heard (I remember some novel having a bit where a woman blushed as she was reminded by a naked marine that everything on them are up to scale), which by my knowledge shouldn't be possible. Shouldn't all those hormones and stroids cause shrinkage?

But as I said, physically there's nothing to stop it, it's all mental. Which brings me to...

To get your had around the concept, I would suggest that you think of marines as being re-wired, and their sex drive driven though different stimuli. From a psychology point of view, the nearest analogy in humans would be a serial killer who gets his (sexual and power) kicks by killing.
...this. Yes, I've know marines are rewired, even (by what I've heard) to the extent that Chaos marines (most likely ones that were once normal marines) can't work through the wiring, but around them. So instead of getting sexual pleasure or something, they revert to other stimulants that the Imperium hasn't denied from them. Like in Daemon World the dreadnought cased marine had grown nerve ends through his skin so even slightest breeze was like a tidal wave of senses.

But there's a loop hole in this thing: bad wiring. The Imperium has screwed up with the marines many times, so I see nothing wrong about a marine of two having some of their emotions left from the reeducation. If they're good at controlling them, no one would be the wiser. And shouldn't the same programming that makes them immune to things like personal emotions make them immune to becoming traitors? Hell, not all traitor marines are Chaos corrupted. So there you go.

And then theres the Chaos marines that haven't been normal marines. Like something from Bile's twisted experiments or maybe some chapter/legion/cult/whatever steals some geneseeds and stuffs them into a person. Bang, marines without all the rewiring.

AND than there are the people that have been accepted to becoming a marine by the time they're adults. I don't think they do any rewiring to them. Just some surgery to boost their powers and all that.

Thematically speaking, those who worship Slaanesh start getting wired weird, and in the end, "sex" is just one more thing that fancies them.
That is true, which I do take into consideration. I always like to think of Slaanesh worshipers and such to have little quirks. Not just sexual things, but anything from touch, smell, taste, etc.

For fanfic purposes, I think it's tasteful to approach it in a look-but-don't-tell sense (ie, vague language), because a lot of forums like to pride themselves on being "family friendly."
Yeah, I know. You can give a detailer picting of how you crush a man's skull and his brain leaks out in a groy goo, but you can't realy even hint about anything sexual. Oh well, I've managed to play around it even with pretty kinky stuff when needed.

As long as you approach it in a mature, even manner and don't just treat Slaanesh as "sex lolz," you are okay.
That is true.

The only people it's hard for are those for whom the armor is bonded to their skin...usually Chaos Marines. But even then, that's not a problem, since the Dark Gods are fond of bestowing rather blasphemous modifications to Space Marine anatomy, and for many Chaos Marines, "second skin" is a rather literal description for their armor...
Just because it's pretty crafted on, doesn't mean it doesn't come off. In Daemon World a sorcerer rips his armor off, which was pretty much like skinning himself (and plugging some eyes that had grown on the armor), but he did it and lived to talk about it.

Link or it doesn't exist.

Why do you automatically assume Slaanesh = sex?
Because of GW and becuase people lack imagenation? When Slaanesh things are are multi-boobed and all, sex is pretty much the thing that springs into mind. At least to us westerners. I'm a little disappointed there's not pretty male models for Slaanesh. All the things say Slaanesh is both man and woman, an androgynous hermaphrodite. So where's the man in the equation of daemonettes and tittyworms.

I don't think Slaaneshi marines should have anything to do with sex.
Which why it's good that my Slaanesh force isn't marines, even though I'm using SM codex on them (because the new Chaos codex failed me).

In SpaceWolf Ragnar says at one point that he felt a feeling he shouldn't be able to feel. "Sexual interest" in a woman. So i guess not. They remove all the weak lovey dovey crap when they make them nice and hard über men.
But here's a brain teaser for ya, can a marine feel love for a woman? Not sexual interest, but that warm fuzzy feeling?

If anyone is interested, I'm currently writing a novel trilogy as fluff form my Slaanesh army that digs deeb into the life aboard the fleet and the people in it rather than big macho BS action (but there's that too in there). Links in signature under Slayers of Sorrow and Black Hole Gun, which are so far everything I've writen.

Nargrakhan
24-09-2007, 21:14
Because of GW and becuase people lack imagenation? When Slaanesh things are are multi-boobed and all, sex is pretty much the thing that springs into mind. At least to us westerners.

Actually, this is WHY. :) Lust is one of the base animal instincts of pleasure... along with comfort, satisfaction, love, acceptance, pride, the taste of a good meal, etc. Granted, much of what Slaanesh offers and desires are the fruits of civilization - the arts and literature - but as the other Chaos Gods, he has his primal emotions to feed upon, which make him more than a entity that is merely limited to a sliver of concepts and ideals. Things like the daemonettes, are physical embodiments of what mortal creatures desire and yet deny in self control: from their visual appeal, to the perfection of their graceful movements, to the soul shatter beauty of their siren voices, and of course the delicate means they execute death and destruction. Slaanesh seeks to shatter those barriers that restrict true embracing of pleasure and pain.

On that crazy note: It's difficult to model (as in the figurines) something that embodies "pride" or "comfort" or "grace" - at least one that sells well - thus you get sex'ed up miniatures all the time. :p

I'm a little disappointed there's not pretty male models for Slaanesh. All the things say Slaanesh is both man and woman, an androgynous hermaphrodite. So where's the man in the equation of daemonettes and tittyworms.

I agree. Handsome, well endowed, male daemons (incubi?) would be totally awesome. I want them! I want them! I want them!

Link or it doesn't exist.

I would love to... however somethings prevent me.

#1: Posting adult content on this forum would surely be removed.

#2: No cameras are allowed in most doujin conventions. Hell! You can't even take pictures in Gamers or Softmap (if you lived in Japan, you know what I'm talking about). Trust me, I've tried.

#3: I usually go through Canada when returning to the US, for business purposes. Customs there is a bitch. They've taken many "hentai" things from me, for indecency laws of some sort... I hate filling out odd paperwork and/or being detained for something so trivial.

And my refute to you: Rule #34

***EDIT***
Go to 4chan and ask the /b/tards for what you're looking for. They can help. Trust me on this... you just have to be patient with them though...

Green-is-best
24-09-2007, 22:50
Are we sure they can't have sex? I was under the imperssion that they can't reproduce and don't have a sex drive, but were physically capable of having intercourse.

charlie_c67
24-09-2007, 22:58
No they don't cause they all get too much bromine in their tea. Plus we know they're compensating for something with muscles that big ;)

flare8521
25-09-2007, 02:01
Oh! oh! I got an answer here. About male daemonettes. These were covered in Liber Chaotica. It says there are 2 theories about them:
1- Male and female daemonettes both exist. It's just that female outnumber male ones like a thousand to one. Thus why you don't often see them on battle fields.
2- Daemonettes have no sex. They read the mind of the person who looks at them and adopt the form to seduce them most.
Which is true, if any? The author didn't say.

RedStompa
25-09-2007, 02:47
Twincest is best!
Slaanesh supports twincest, so I support Slaanesh!

every time I see this I get the creeps, part of me wants to know if your serious and the other part wants to kill the inquisitive half.

Since slanesh if the dark lord of pleasures, not necessarily sexual, would it be possible to have a slanesshi marine have his armor filled with scrap metal, and make a honking noise when he walks--- if he finds that pleasurable?

Or would slanesh just say: Your too wierd go away you strange pink power armored fool.

EDIT:

has anyone else wondered why this thread has kept rattling on long after the OP admitted it to be discusting and pleaded it to end?

REALLY PEOPLE LOOK AT WHAT THE HELL YOUR TALKING ABOUT!!! HOW CAN YOU HAVE SUCH A VESTED INTERESTED IN THIS SORT OF THING??????!?!?!!?one.

Brother Thuemoose
25-09-2007, 04:12
While it is true that Slaanesh is the god of all excess, sex is the biggest, or at least the most popular aspect.

To truly see Slaanesh's full range of attractions, one must look at the Horus Heresy. When the Emperor's Children attacked Terra during the palace siege, they did not go after the Loyalists like the other Traitor Legions. They instead went after the civilians and enslaved a large number. They proceeded to rape and torture these prisioners before killing them. They then took the bodies and distilled them into drugs, which they then consumed.

Plus, there are the Noise Marines, who can only be stirred by the sounds of battle.

I'm assuming the sex aspect of Slaanesh is promoted by GW because "sex sells". Its a way to generate more revenue. Fluff wise, sex is a base instance, that appeals to everyone.

stormblade
25-09-2007, 09:37
I think that art is not really an all Slaaneshi aspect of human lives and even if it is supposed to be the GW hadn't done it well- they just said "Slaanesh is the patron of arts".

That's plain stupid and although some art might be ascribed to the (primal and semi-primal) feelings of pleasure and comfort, most of the art of some eras is neither pleasurable nor comfortable- try feeling nice while reading Kafka or listening to 'Erwartung' by Arnold Schonberg.

I know it's off topic and you have my apologies for it.

*bows and leaves the room*

Sai-Lauren
25-09-2007, 10:02
I am going to go ahead and disagre with Phil on this one. I'm going to say it's an issue of pleasure, not necessarily tied to sexual gratification. The two are not the same thing. Space Marines do not "get off" on killing, but they do derive pleasure from destroying enemies of the Imperium because it fits with their view, ie. traitors, xenos, daemons should be killed. They are happy because they are serving the Emperor/Imperium, and that's what they like and respect. That's why they enjoy killing, not because their Chapter Apothecaries rewired their penis into the killing section of the brain.

I would agree with that, it's not about enjoyment, it's about devotion to their god/emperor/primarch/brothers/whoever else.

To think of marine are being human in 'thought' is a mistake, they are psycho-conditioned and want to kill.

It's possibly also a mistake to think all marines are the same.;)

Yes, they are psycho-conditioned, but they're under control - in the same way as they control their libido to make themselves stronger by facing temptation and overcoming it, they also control their blood lust. Some marines (Death Company, Wulfen, Corax's mistakes) may be unable to control it and basically be sent into battle as berserkers, but (as I've said before) Marines are expert systems, designed for combat, they need to be able to control all their feelings in order to function to the utmost efficiency on the battlefield, not just run screaming towards the enemy.

They also have a role to serve within the Imperium, be they protecting civilians when a world's been invaded, or acting as honour/body guards for ambassadors on diplomatic missions to human worlds which have become separated, and which the imperium doesn't want to damage too badly (unless it has to) to bring back into the fold.
They may not have great table manners, or be able to sparkle with witty conversation at a grand banquet, but they'll be able to get through the evening without ripping someones heart out and it on a pike.

Well, unless the society is based around gladiatorial combat of course :D

Supremearchmarshal
25-09-2007, 10:28
I agree. Handsome, well endowed, male daemons (incubi?) would be totally awesome. I want them! I want them! I want them!

For the record, RT-era Slaanesh daemons were all hermaphrodites, in the image of Slaanesh. That's what I'd prefer.

More on topic, Emperor's children are actually described as committing rape at least twice in the fluff: in the Inquisition War trilogy and in one of the background stories for the Battle for Terra.

Shadowheart
25-09-2007, 10:42
There is no sex in 40K. I mean, GW doesn't touch the subject with a ten foot pole. So if you want to go there, the official background won't stand in your way.

Personally, I think Space Marines are all a bunch of eunuchs. I like the idea that there's some very distinct downsides to being made superhuman, plus I think it fits with the 'giving up their humanity' notion. And if it prevents fanfic with Dark Angels getting it on with Howling Banshees, so much the better...

But that's how I fill in the blanks. It's probably a good thing GW isn't giving any info about it either way. Index Astartes: Intercourse would just be too much.

stormblade
25-09-2007, 10:47
There is no sex in 40K. I mean, GW doesn't touch the subject with a ten foot pole. So if you want to go there, the official background won't stand in your way.

Personally, I think Space Marines are all a bunch of eunuchs. I like the idea that there's some very distinct downsides to being made superhuman, plus I think it fits with the 'giving up their humanity' notion. And if it prevents fanfic with Dark Angels getting it on with Howling Banshees, so much the better...

But that's how I fill in the blanks. It's probably a good thing GW isn't giving any info about it either way. Index Astartes: Intercourse would just be too much.

Yeah, because if anybody should be getting it on with the Banshees it's the noise marines:evilgrin:

Anyway I agree with you on the "They should be eunuchs" part.

Supremearchmarshal
25-09-2007, 11:46

It's only because they are much more orientated towards kids now. Old RT-era stuff indeed had sex - in particular one of the illustrations in Slaves to Darkness is just plain sick (page 32)!

Shadowheart
25-09-2007, 12:22
The two daemons making out? That one was in Liber Chaotica: Slaanesh as well. I wouldn't say RT had sex, but I'll grant you that it had some foreplay.

Captain Stern
25-09-2007, 12:59
That's a bloodletter fighting a fiend.

MrBigMr
25-09-2007, 13:41
I wouldn't mind about having such models (hey, lets work on the female demography as well), but I doubt I'd put them into my Daemonic Legion. I'm already in the 'don't ask, don't tell' slot with my friends. Army of macho men wouldn't improve my position.

Go to 4chan and ask the /b/tards for what you're looking for. They can help. Trust me on this... you just have to be patient with them though...
Yeah, no. I have a 'look but don't touch' principle with such things. It's little like Jackass, fun to watch, but not as fun when you take a board over the head for laughs.

Plus we know they're compensating for something with muscles that big ;)
It has been said everything on a marine is up to scale, so they don't have to compensate for anything. Apart from lack of childhood and social skills.

1- Male and female daemonettes both exist. It's just that female outnumber male ones like a thousand to one. Thus why you don't often see them on battle fields.
Marines are one in a billion, Sister ever rarer, yet both get around.

2- Daemonettes have no sex. They read the mind of the person who looks at them and adopt the form to seduce them most.
You mean "GW reads the minds of fanboys who play with them and mold the models in a form to seduce most of them."

every time I see this I get the creeps, part of me wants to know if your serious and the other part wants to kill the inquisitive half.
Oh, like you never liked the idea of twin lezzie sisters.

Since slanesh if the dark lord of pleasures, not necessarily sexual, would it be possible to have a slanesshi marine have his armor filled with scrap metal, and make a honking noise when he walks--- if he finds that pleasurable?

Or would slanesh just say: Your too wierd go away you strange pink power armored fool.
Why not? I don't see how having tentacles instead of arms being any smarter. Slaanesh doesn't care even if you love razor blade massages with a happy ending. As long as you get emotions out of it, it's all right for Slaanesh.

has anyone else wondered why this thread has kept rattling on long after the OP admitted it to be discusting and pleaded it to end?
I've seen threads go on about pretty much anything long long after the OP has stopped paying any attention. I think it's better to have one thread about multitude of subjects, even if they don't always see eye to eye with the topic, rather than let all that crap seep into dozens of other threads.

REALLY PEOPLE LOOK AT WHAT THE HELL YOUR TALKING ABOUT!!! HOW CAN YOU HAVE SUCH A VESTED INTERESTED IN THIS SORT OF THING??????!?!?!!?one.
Sex is pretty natural thing, you know. It's one of the big 4: Sleep, Eat, Drink, Screw. You wouldn't be screaming at us if your mommy and daddy hadn't done the dirty deed. We are all the result of sex, it's what makes life possible.

For the record, RT-era Slaanesh daemons were all hermaphrodites, in the image of Slaanesh. That's what I'd prefer.
One could assume the current ones to be as well. Who knows what they hide under those loincloths.

While I'm not expecting a Codex: 40Kamasutra, I would want to know more about the non-combat oriented aspects of 40K. Like how do normal people (human, Eldar, Tau, Kroot, etc.) live when there's not wars around them. What's their daily routines, how do they feel about things and such.

Nargrakhan
25-09-2007, 13:59

Heh... my sig is a semi-complex story that one. Skip this off topic post if you don't wanna know: read it if ya do. :p

In 1990 there was an RPG called Dragon Quest 4 released in Japan. The DQ series in Japan is mega popular - some of the best selling games there. Anyways, DQ4 featured a pair of Gypsy twin sisters named Manya and Minea. (http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/3826/55828wr1.jpg) Popularity of the game, combined with the attractive character designs, made them have a bit of a following... however it was the whole "sharing the same boyfriend" and "we [the twins] never want to be apart no matter what" comments, that the sisters would quote from time to time, that really got it going. Japanese fans called this "futakoi" - which directly translates into "twin love"... which fits the slang "twincest" in general spirit of the meaning.

So long story short, a massive fanboy movement started and evolved through the years. Twins sisters began popping up in anime, manga, and games all over the place - who were more than willing to "share the same boyfriend" (and occasionally each other). Eventually series solely devoted to "twincest" began appearing: there's even one called Futakoi. The whole fetish concept is now as common as "cat ears" and what have you.

Thus this is the twincest that I'm a nut about (as my avatar somewhat shows): twins sisters who have the same boyfriend. Of course there are other variations of the theme... but I'm keen on this one. ;)

Shadowheart
25-09-2007, 14:08
While I'm not expecting a Codex: 40Kamasutra, I would want to know more about the non-combat oriented aspects of 40K. Like how do normal people (human, Eldar, Tau, Kroot, etc.) live when there's not wars around them. What's their daily routines, how do they feel about things and such.

Like normal people, presumably. Nah, I understand what you're saying, the background is pretty much exclusively concerned with warfare and events on a galactic scale, and if you want to work on anything removed from that you've got a lot of guesswork to do. Still, I do think you'd wind up with a lot of dull text if they went on detailing the lives of regular people, especially because they'd be saying "it various from place to place" an awful lot.

CELS
25-09-2007, 14:35
Space Marines have huge penises and when they're not fighting, they're typically having sex with Sisters of Battle and Eldar and their offspring grow up to become Super Space Marines.

Adra
25-09-2007, 14:36
All we really know is that Space Marines have no sex drive. This does not mean it does not get re-activated when they turn to The Dark Prince. But for now your guess is as good as anyones.

MrBigMr
25-09-2007, 14:56
Like normal people, presumably. Nah, I understand what you're saying, the background is pretty much exclusively concerned with warfare and events on a galactic scale, and if you want to work on anything removed from that you've got a lot of guesswork to do.
That is so true. But even with the "varies from place to place" rule, the creatures themselves don't realy change. Hell, even now I don't know if Eldar or Tau even have mammary glands or anything like that. I don't trust xenology, as it has managed to state various things against the fluff.

GW should just make a good compiled book on various things from the universe that would be, if not air tight, at least float. Not just some stupid "Imperial view" on the stuff so they can use it as an excuse for later changes in fluff ("oh, it's just that the particular Inquisitor at that point though it to be so"). How has so many other universes managed to stay unchanged through time while 40K alters on a weekly basis. GW should just make a solid fluff and stick with it for better or for worse. Bowing in every direction for new customers means they moon equally many people in the process.

Man that turned into a rant even if I wasn't aiming for it. Oh, well. But on the subject of guesswork and "varies from place to place" rule, I do use them together. So while I might not know how the Tau bury their dead, I can say that the planet in question does it this way. Or while Eldar propably shoot Chaos worshipers on the spot, this particular Maiden World might have a "live and let live" policy, even if the issue the visitors with a bodyguard to watch over them, etc.

But over time when you get all this "oh, not normally, but it just happens to be that on this particular time and place it's possible" summed up, there's not continuity in the universe. I would realy like to have some sort of guideline, even if you don't have to follow it.

Still, I do think you'd wind up with a lot of dull text if they went on detailing the lives of regular people, especially because they'd be saying "it various from place to place" an awful lot.
Why not make non-war stories? Some Fire caste cop type detective story where they investigate crimes made by Chaos cultist, or maybe a craftoworld Eldar adventuring on a Maiden World (hell, knock two pointy ear societies with one stone when the Eldar can compare his life to those of the Exodites) and so forth. The story doesn't have to simple, just take place in a place other than a battlefield or anywhere near anything Imperial. So many novels are like reading a battle report. If I want action, I'll play the game itself.

Supremearchmarshal
25-09-2007, 18:44
The two daemons making out? That one was in Liber Chaotica: Slaanesh as well. I wouldn't say RT had sex, but I'll grant you that it had some foreplay.

Well, mostly I agree, though sex was was implied far more often than nowadays.
And in the Inquisition War trilogy it is quite graphic... (that Noise Marine had an interesting mutation).

That's a bloodletter fighting a fiend.

Um.. that's a rather... imaginative way to fight.

Anyway, I think it isn't a Bloodletter - while its head vaguely resembles one, it is in the daemons of Slaanesh list, and it's too large IMO - Fiends are larger than Bloodletters. Oh well, maybe it was intended to be left to the reader's imagination.

Captain Stern
25-09-2007, 22:30
Well, mostly I agree, though sex was was implied far more often than nowadays.
And in the Inquisition War trilogy it is quite graphic... (that Noise Marine had an interesting mutation).

Um.. that's a rather... imaginative way to fight.

That's just the way a daemon of slaanesh would fight a daemon of Khorne. Fight it in the most insulting way as possible.

Tyron
26-09-2007, 00:00
Marines in theory can have sex if the female was able to accommodate his "peice".

However I think the major problem would be for the said "peice" to get turjid as they have no sexual desires thus no increased blood flow ect. If that hurdle can be jumped procreating shouldn't be a problem.

Fertilizing however...

Defcon
26-09-2007, 00:24
Whenever these threads crop up I know somebody doesn't remember the biology of a Space Marine. That's pretty easy to forget since it's not that well categorized. Unless you use, like, google or something simple like that.

Black Carapace plus massive doses of testosterone would leave Space Marines likely completely unable to receive pleasure from sex, if not have zero chance to do the deed at all. This fixation on Space Marines having huge pieces is just trying to make them more 'manly' by whoever happens to like the Space Marines. It doesn't work like that at all. It's an unimportant part of the biology, so what has people thinking that they would be increased from their pre-puberty state at all? On top of the liklihood that, being accepted in a generally prior-to-puberty state they would likely be infertile. Once again if what they are subjected to doesn't already ensure that.

flare8521
26-09-2007, 01:11
Ok so in summary.
Regular Space marine have the physical means to do it (if we forget the black carapace cause I'm still no sure about its consequences) and are well "equiped" too if we are to believe the non-official fluff of some BL novel.
However, the rewiring, therapies and fact they're taken before puberty makes it so they don't have any sexual drive and don't give a damn about it. Logic enough.
Slaaneshi space marines however is another thing. And actualy, it can be quite anything since they're chaos so there's really no point in trying to figure out how they work.
Never thought my simple question would end up like this haha.

Tyron
26-09-2007, 01:25
So every part of their body apart from their peice doesnt? I find that hard to believe.

Green-is-best
26-09-2007, 01:26
Space Marines have huge penises and when they're not fighting, they're typically having sex with Sisters of Battle and Eldar and their offspring grow up to become Super Space Marines.

Oh man, that's the sweetest thing I've ever heard. Just like ninjas! I'm think I'm about to flip out!

Notorius
26-09-2007, 01:33
Slaaneshi space marines however is another thing. And actualy, it can be quite anything since they're chaos so there's really no point in trying to figure out how they work.

It would probably have a lot to do with tentacles.

Defcon
26-09-2007, 03:13
So every part of their body apart from their peice doesnt? I find that hard to believe.

What gives you the indication that everything about the body grows proportionally to height? The tallest of people can easily have either circulation or bone problems. If everything grew proportionally the Space Marines wouldn't need the ancillary heart organ to pump blood quicker. This really just sounds like an odd link needing Space Marines to be the most manly of people in the setting.

We know the IG are the biggest badasses, though.

Edit: Apparently Wikipedia believes that these things should be proportional. Doesn't make too much sense to me 'cause of all of the obvious control over what needs increasing from a normal childhood state by whomever is conducting the procedure, but hey. I guess I can concede on the point that unless purposefully neglected, things should increase. Scientifically speaking, not because of BL authorization because, well... Yeah.

Sai-Lauren
26-09-2007, 08:06
What gives you the indication that everything about the body grows proportionally to height? The tallest of people can easily have either circulation or bone problems. If everything grew proportionally the Space Marines wouldn't need the ancillary heart organ to pump blood quicker. This really just sounds like an odd link needing Space Marines to be the most manly of people in the setting.

Indeed - look at it from this point of view.
Marines are "designed" as biological expert combat machines. If they need it to be bigger, stronger and better, then it will be. If they don't, they won't have spent the time, effort, energy and (above all) money to make it bigger, stronger and better.

CELS
26-09-2007, 10:14
You mean like all the other threads with the same question, posted regularly every three weeks? I wish I could say the same.

PS: Black carapace doesn't really change a whole lot. At least, not compared to many other implants.

Tyron
26-09-2007, 12:21
Defcon, they have an extra heart to get more blood pumped around the body because it is so big and too much for just the one heart. Same for the third lung, more oxygen is needed to fuel the body as apposed to the one.

They wouldn't have bone problems as it would defeat the purpose of creating the perfect human warrior needed to deffend the Imperium.

Let's take that scene from the HH books when that rememberencer saw Loken naked and found him to be a perfect sculpt of human purportion.

It would be stupid to give them an amazing physique if they were to have circulation or bone problems.

Sai-Lauren
26-09-2007, 15:38
Defcon, they have an extra heart to get more blood pumped around the body because it is so big and too much for just the one heart. Same for the third lung, more oxygen is needed to fuel the body as apposed to the one.

Partly correct, the secondary heart and multi-lung also serve as backups in case the originals are rendered non-functional. Also, a marines blood is a lot thicker than a normal humans because of everything that's in it - almost closer to a gel than a liquid, so the secondary heart is required to help pump it around, else the marine would be risking cardiac problems due to the associated higher blood pressure required to keep it moving.

Presumably a marines capillary walls are given some treatments to make them thicker (and thus able to withstand the pressures, else marines would be dropping dead with brain haemorrages), but still able to transfer nutrients/oxygen/wastes etc at the same or a higher rate.