PDA

View Full Version : Wyvern conversion ideas?

AdamAtCollege
24-09-2007, 03:28
I'm working on an orc warboss w/ a wyvern, but instead of picking up the plain old 'been there, done that' boxed set, I want to convert something else. There's a lot of dragons out there, any recommendations for what would be look aaaaaawesome? It'd probably be a slave creature, so imagine chains and harnesses. Maybe the new high elf dragon, though I don't want to wait a few more months or whatever. Ideas?

skullman86
24-09-2007, 06:27
I recall someone using a cold one for a wyvern.Not a regular cold one but the large one used for the lizardmen hero *pulls out army book*....Kroq-Gar >.>

http://warseer.com/forums/fantasy-project-logs/97885-converted-orc-warboss-on-wyvern.html?highlight=wyvern there it is :).Maybe that will give you some ideas.

AdamAtCollege
24-09-2007, 06:49
That's a good idea. I also saw somewhere else on here a Carnosaur w/ fell beast wings conversion that looked sweet.

Urgat
24-09-2007, 13:02
Scult mail bardings for it :) That's a plan of mine for when I feel I have nothing else to do.

BattleofLund
24-09-2007, 13:48
How about this? (warning cheap-ass suggestion to follow!)

Plastic BfSP Troll minus head, minus arms.
Add some wings you have lying around, add greenstuff cone-sausage for tail, add a spare lizard-y head. The head should preferably be bigger than a Saurus' I think, Cold One should do it, or an old Flesh Hound head. Tyranid Warrior maybe? Important thing is 'what I have got at the bottom of my bits box'. This goes for the tail as well, of course! Remember above all that only the taunts of all who see it, is not a reason not to do it! And if it turns out hideous, scrap it and start over!

Add greenskin rider, done!

Braad
25-09-2007, 08:06
The flying carnosaurus conversion is in the bretonnia army book IIRC...
Really cool one.

Maybe wait for the new high elf dragon, get rid of the front leg and resculpt a bit here and there? Make it less noble and so on...