PDA

View Full Version : ogre iron fists

Lord_Byron
01-09-2005, 02:04
Would it be legal to purchase a common magic weapon (battle, striking, biting, might, etc.) for an ogre character and still bring an ironfist to use exclusively as a shield? It seems a stretch to me, but would be nice for the extra armor save.

asmodai_dark86
01-09-2005, 03:26
My opponent never used that kind of thing against me, but theres no reason why you shouldn't be able to use the ironfist as a regular ironfist even with the magic item (one hand has the magic item, the other the iron fist).

Maybe theres wording to the contrey (too tired to check now, especially with moving), but the above makes sense to me.

Avian
01-09-2005, 10:58
It's quite possible to do and it not particularly effective, so I don't see any problems with it.

Rioghan Murchadha
03-09-2005, 04:26
It's quite possible to do and it not particularly effective, so I don't see any problems with it.

So Avian, are you saying you see problems with things that are quite possible to do but are particularly effective? :p

R

Sanjuro
03-09-2005, 09:45
A biting blade would be pretty useless for an ogre, since he already has an ogre club that gives the same benefit (armour piercing -1). The only benefit I can see is that the attacks will count as magical...

Avian
03-09-2005, 15:21
So Avian, are you saying you see problems with things that are quite possible to do but are particularly effective? :p
I personally never both with: "Was this intentional?" when something isn't any good. I do consider it when it is effective (consider the Hunter pivoting to fire at units charging him to the rear, for example).

Rioghan Murchadha
03-09-2005, 15:58
I was just buggin ya ;)