PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Chypher??

zekrish
24-09-2007, 19:50
Hail from the land of blondes and polarbears!

What ever happened to Chypher?? Where did he go? What do he do now? I mean there hasn't been any new rules pulicated for im in ags.. i hoped he would be in the new Codex but WTF? I ahve no idea where he is.. thre is a small picture of a CSM in the codex describde as ''Unknown'' who clearly looks like a fallen but where is the Chyper??

Has he settled down? Moved togheter with his grifriend, built a small home on a deamonworld and raised a small pack of mini-chyphers, all running around with long bathrobse?

any1 know??

Now i gotta go bribe the polarbears so they protect us from the seals and Russia.

The Guy
24-09-2007, 20:07
I don't think we are supposed to know what he's up to ;) add to the mystery...be more mysterious if he wore a mask or something though.

Chilltouch
24-09-2007, 21:08
I don't know, nor do I care. He's probably brooding in some hole somewhere.

Brother Muninn
24-09-2007, 21:24
Last I heard came from the Eye of Terror campaign. The Dark Angels shirked a good deal of their duties to go find him, caught him, and then he disappeared while in captivity.

swordwind
24-09-2007, 21:46
Same old same old. Wandering the galaxy aiding certain causes both Chaos and Imperial, on a slowly winding path taking him ever closer to Terra.

Free Spirit
24-09-2007, 21:56
The DA wants to take him down so badly cuz he caries their secret.... How to keep your cloak nifty and clean through everything you do in it. The DA cant have all the chapters running around with bathrobes.

Adra
24-09-2007, 22:00
I don't know, nor do I care. He's probably brooding in some hole somewhere.

Gosh chilltouch your constant joy is really getting on my nerves.... ;)

Chilltouch
24-09-2007, 22:47
What? I seriously just hate Cypher. He's the moody, rebelling and angst-infested grim character of the genre. I just view the entire character as dull. In fact, I view Dark Angels are dull as well.

Tehkonrad
24-09-2007, 23:15
I agreeabout dark angels although cypher is cool..
what's he want terra for?

swordwind
24-09-2007, 23:51
To present the Lion Sword to the Emperor who will reform its broken fragments, symbolising his forgiveness of the Fallen and the reunion of the Dark Angels.

LoneSniperSG
25-09-2007, 01:53
... Eh? Is that before or after Russ returns with the seeds of life? >>;

MadDoc
25-09-2007, 09:56
To present the Lion Sword to the Emperor who will reform its broken fragments, symbolising his forgiveness of the Fallen and the reunion of the Dark Angels.

You should be clear when you make statements like that. Namely, that what you've said above is, at best, fan speculation. Not being clear about that one quite significant fact, is misrepresentation, if not being downright misleading. Not that I'm saying that was your intention...

LexxBomb
25-09-2007, 10:04
im still angry they gave the fallen angel green armour when it should have been black

Sithfitz
25-09-2007, 10:15
I totally agreee bout the whole green armour thing, sometimes gw really get on my pecs with stuff like that.

And the whole moving towards Terra with the lion sword used to be part of Cyphers myth, dunno if it still is.

Shadowheart
25-09-2007, 10:19
What? I seriously just hate Cypher. He's the moody, rebelling and angst-infested grim character of the genre.

As I recall, they wrote him to be Clint Eastwood. I just can't remember where I read that... but he was supposed to be the Man with No Name. If that's what you're getting out of it, they must've stuffed up the execution real bad. :p

I think Cypher's currently trying to get back his mask, because he looked so much cooler with it on.

Luthien
25-09-2007, 11:04
Cypher had a mask :confused:

Shadowheart
25-09-2007, 11:08
An unreleased version of the sculpt did. Clicky (http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Image:Unreleased_-_Chaos_40K_Cypher_with_face_mask.jpg).
The concensus is that he looked cooler with it on, so why they released the unmasked one instead is anyone's guess.

Eulenspiegel
25-09-2007, 12:22
Im somewhat tempted to do a "What happened to Cypher" - thread, too ... :o

LexxBomb
25-09-2007, 12:42
As I recall, they wrote him to be Clint Eastwood. I just can't remember where I read that... but he was supposed to be the Man with No Name. If that's what you're getting out of it, they must've stuffed up the execution real bad. :p

I think Cypher's currently trying to get back his mask, because he looked so much cooler with it on.

your thinking of the White Dwarf competition that was run in which people had to guess who cypher was based upon

Shadowheart
25-09-2007, 13:58
Thanks! That made it a bit easier to find... news section of WD 225. Clint Eastwood in High Plains Drifter.