PDA

View Full Version : Orcs and Goblins (and Ogres and Giants)- 2,250 points

The SkaerKrow
25-09-2007, 06:47
Submitting my revised Orc and Goblin army for evaluation and suggestions. The list I ran before included Boar Boyz and Snotlings, which I've replaced with Boar Chariots and Arrerz. Here goes...

1 Orc Warboss
w/ Martog's Best Basha, Enchanted Shield, 'Ead Kickin Boots and Light Armor, on Boar (General)

1 Black Orc Big Boss
w/ Armor of Gork and Shield

2 Goblin Shamans
w/ Dispel Scroll (Level 2)

20 Orc Boyz
w/ Extra Choppas and Full Command

20 Orc Boyz
w/ Shields and Full Command

14 Orc Arrer Boyz

5 Forest Goblin Spider Riders
w/ Short Bows and Musician

5 Forest Goblin Spider Riders
w/ Short Bows and Musician

20 Night Goblins
w/ Spears, Shields and Full Command
3 Fanatics

20 Night Goblins
w/ Spears, Shields and Full Command
3 Fanatics

1 Goblin Rock Lobba
w/ Bully

2 Goblin Spear Chukkas
w/ Bullies

2 Boar Chariots
w/ Extra Crewmen

1 Giant

4 Ogre Leadbelchers
w/ Musician and Champion

The list comes in at 2,250 points even. The General goes in one of the Orc Boyz blocks, with the Black Orc taking position in the other. My Shamans try their best to stay out of sight, and pray for Foot of Gork :evilgrin:.

Both of the Night Goblin blocks range ahead of the rest of my force to discharge Fanatics in the middle of my opponent's army, then they usually die in some hideously amusing way. Since I always anchor one of my flanks with a forest or two, one or both units of Spider Riders is sent along that flank, hopefully to get behind my opponent as they advance, or into a position where they can harrass enemy units with their short bows. Admittedly, I haven't quite figured out where the Arrers will go, but I'll probably place them in such a fashion that they can eventually abandon their bows and face down any mobile, lightly armored threats that venture towards the rear of my force.

I plan to deploy the Chariots on the outside of my Orc Boyz blocks in a support role. The Giant usually goes somewhere near my middle, with the Spear Chukkas and Rock Lobba getting whatever prime real estate that they can. Finally, the Leadbelchers (my MVP unit for the past three games in a row) anchor another flank and face down opposing flankers with their Leadbelcher Cannons, coming in to support my center during the late game.

Anywho, that's the list. Feedbeck welcome.

Jah
25-09-2007, 11:02
I tried to search for Leadbelcher rules, but couldn't find those. Are the rules for Ogre mercenaries available anywhere?

Cheers,
J

The SkaerKrow
25-09-2007, 11:03
In the Ogre Kingdoms Army book. You can include Bulls, Ironguts, Leadbelchers and Maneaters as Dogs of War choices.

Jah
25-09-2007, 11:25
OK, thanks. I'll have to check that book. Too bad if there is no pdf files available at GW's website.

Ogres in OnG army sounds like fun :)

J