Total Models 51

Comments?

Boneknight
25-09-2007, 21:32
Yeah, take infantry

RipFlag
26-09-2007, 04:39
That is a hell of alot of calvary....

I am just thinking that maybe some musicians might be an idea for those DR's with no RxB's. that way if you want you can bait with a good consistency of rallying and still causin havoc.

Also i do know from experiance but that is pretty ballsy putting your noble with the shades.... If you have done this before i would be curious to how successful this is, something i might try out.

5h1v
26-09-2007, 13:38
Yeah the noble with shades is what I have tried before it works well, if only the lifetaker was 5pts cheaper i would give him that instead of the normal xbow but oh well, a character is not something you normally expect in scouting units in my experience so catches some players off guard, and with the rest of the force being cavalry they can catch up pretty quick so don't leave him too stranded. it has prove good at getting rid of other skirmishers as the last thing you expect is shades to charge a small unit when they are normally better at sooting. try it you may liek it and if not it's only 120pts :)

where could I get the points for those muso from though I have tried to squeeze them in before but couldn't see an obvious way to get them.

Oh and BTW i love your sig

RipFlag
28-09-2007, 01:49
Thanks! :D i thought i would be appropriate.

Good point on the musicians, the only thing that i could think of was dropping ToF, to get 2 musicians... I mean if you do not do baiting, musicians are not really that necessary, or if you are in your general range when you try and rally you will also be good.

I really do like this list, i like how you are really taking advantage of the speed and maneuverability of Dark elves,

5h1v
28-09-2007, 14:38
I do like baiting but the mobility of my general should keep any troops from fleeing at the wrong moment (fingers crossed) and his str of 8 should keep those pesky chariots from destroying my precious dark riders to quickly :) I will see if no ToF and 2 muso will make a difference in my game tonight and let you know.

Mythrider
28-09-2007, 14:57
Just my 2 cents but why do you need the ToF in this set-up.

I assume you are using Dark magic on both mages in order to get Chillwind, since its the default spell you really don`t need the Tome. I would drop it and a Knight or 2 to get the Musicians for your DRs and a couple of dispel scrolls. 4 DD isn`t very many at 2000pts. With such a low model count magic missiles are going to be a problem.

The magic items I would get into this list are:

HB - Seal of Ghrond (could be given to the Noble), some kind of ward, GoP (not sur if this all fits as I don`t remember the cost of the Gauntlet)

Sorc #1 - Dark Star, Dispel Scroll,

Sorc #2 - Wand of Kharaidon

This will give you 7PD, 5DD, a scroll and a bound spell.

You also might want a Ward for the Highborn. T3 and a 3+ save don`t last long when you`re striking after your opponent.

I also wouldn`t bother with the crossbow on the Noble, rxb are generally overpriced for or characters IMHO.

I like the idea of the list, I would just tweak it a little.

5h1v
28-09-2007, 15:07
You also might want a Ward for the Highborn. T3 and a 3+ save don`t last long when you`re striking after your opponent.

Unless i am really mistaken the Highborn has a 1+ shooting 2+ combat
Mounted, H. armour, shield and cloak

and the gauntlet is to much for a ward aswell

My noble on foot has only a 2+/3+ but I don't see him needing a ward as he is more likely to get the charge anyway or shoot with the shades.

Drop 2 CoK and ToF anlong with Nobles Xbow gives me 85pts to play with

So I could add Seal of Ghrond to a sorceress a dispel scroll to the other leaving me with 35pts

I can see this for 5 musos' for dark riders or if i drop a shade as well I can get Wand of Kharaidon(but 1 point over), if i get wand then the seal would have to go to the noble so I am not over the sorceress magic item limit

But as the new miscast table is so deadly I could use the Ring of Hotek on one of the nobles as they are both very mobile.

or someting else ideas?

Mythrider
28-09-2007, 15:48
The Dark Pegasus is a monstrous mount so it doesn`t help with your save. You should be able to take the GoP and the 5+ Ward item at the same time, it`s better than just the 3+ in combat.

Definitely put the Seal on the Noble, the Wand is a great item especially on a mounted Sorc. I`m not a big fan of the Ring, given that you have 7 PD and the Wand I would suggest the Crystal of Midnight instead. Most people don`t like it but I find it to be a very useful shock item; it will almost always draw out a scroll and is pretty nasty if it gets through.

You`re right the noble doesn`t need a Ward for his intended task.

5h1v
28-09-2007, 16:01
Ok revised list looks like this I have no idea where i can get points for a ward on the high born though but I have been fine without one so far but suggestions welcome.

Dark Elf Highborn 258
Dark Pegasus
Heavy Armour
Shield
Sea Dragon Cloak
Gauntlet of Power

Sorceress 187
Level 2
Darkstar Cloak
Dispel Scroll
Dark steed

Sorceress 192
Level 2
wand of Kharaidon
Dark steed

Noble 136
The Cloak of Dark souls
Seal of Ghrond
Heavy Armour
Shield
Sea Dragon Cloak
Great weapon

Dark Riders 90
5 Dark riders

Dark Riders 90
5 Dark riders

Dark Riders 120
5 Dark riders
Repeater Crossbows

Dark Riders 120
5 Dark riders
Repeater Crossbows

Dark Riders 120
5 Dark riders
Repeater Crossbows

Shades
6 Shades 84

Cold One Knights 192
6 Cold one Knights
Champion

Cold One Knights 192
6Cold one Knights
Champion

War Hydra 220

Total 2001 (not sure if I am happy 1 point over usually try and stick to exact or under)

PD 7
DD 5
Models 48

Mythrider
28-09-2007, 16:49
Last little adjustment but you can take it or leave it.

Dark Riders 90 --> DROP
5 Dark riders

Dark Riders 90 --> add 1 extra model and standard
5 Dark riders

Dark Riders 120 --> add musician
5 Dark riders
Repeater Crossbows

5 Dark riders
Repeater Crossbows

5 Dark riders
Repeater Crossbows

Put Ward on the HB.

Leaves yuo with one less unit but makes 5 other units more effective and gets you back under for points.

5h1v
30-09-2007, 21:34
I will try it out

thedodgeypanda
30-09-2007, 22:04
you need at least 2 scrolls, i take 2 sorceresses with a dispel scroll each, 1 with a seal of ghrond and another with a dark star cloak. Take some spear elves (great for body guarding spell casters) and thats coverd tak 2 units of 19 of them thats all you will need :). and a reaper bolt thrower, give your high born a blade of ruin and make your noble a BSB, it costs 25pts and gives you better ods vs break tests also he can take magic items as long as he dotn take a banner

5h1v
01-10-2007, 17:13
I am not really going of for a mixed force I see it more as a quick raiding party or a quick counter attack, all the units have a set goal and are included for a reason, the shades are there so they can allow the main body to get to the target as quickly and as unmolested as possible then the dark riders would arrive and harass the enemy tiring them out while the knight arrive to seal the deal, i don't see infantry being as good for this. the list i have made is basically a watchtower variant but following the core dark elf book. I will drop a unit of dark riders sub the shades for harpies and try the ward on the high born with a few changes it looks like this

Dark Elf Highborn 293
Dark Pegasus
Heavy Armour
Shield
Sea Dragon Cloak
Gauntlet of Power
Crown of Black Iron

Sorceress 187
Level 2
Darkstar Cloak
Dispel Scroll
Dark steed