PDA

View Full Version : Background question (regarding nids)

fengor
25-09-2007, 19:02
Hi there,

i'm trying to put together some background for a little campaign i want to play with a friend.For that i could use some help on some questions:

1. As far as I understand it a Hive Fleet strips a planet of its organic material to use as bio mass. Which means that anorganic structures such as buildings could possible survive (although maybe in a damaged state). Is that correct?

2. I need to place a former Eldar Exodite World in the path of a Hive Fleet. Which Hive Fleet would be viable for this? Cause the campaign will take place on a swept exodite world over an old eldar structure and the artefacts therein

LordXaras
25-09-2007, 19:07
The Hive Fleets strip planets down to the bedrock, so it's unlikely (though possible - use the Rule of Cool if you wish). As for a Hive Fleet viable to attack an Eldar Maiden World, any would do - Maiden Worlds are all over the Galaxy.

fengor
25-09-2007, 19:19
hmm ok so maybe if i put the structures into a cavern system then.

Would even give me a very fluffy reason not to field skimmers in the deceisive battle. I think i kinda like that idea :)

Andyalloverdaplace
25-09-2007, 22:05
Keep in mind that even concrete structures are vulnerable if not rooted to bedrock. If you've ever seen a garage with a tree planted too near, or live in an area with weeping willows or weeping birches, you have probably experienced the sort of damage on a small stage that goes with rampant biological growth in the early stages of the invasion.

Vaulkhar
25-09-2007, 22:13
plus the 'nids will probably demolish every building that even hints at containing biomass.

Tehkonrad
26-09-2007, 00:31
aye thay vaulkar speaketh the holy truths
why did I type like that :confused: