PDA

View Full Version : 2k Chaos Mortals

Kadrium
26-09-2007, 01:42
Learned a few lessons with my first army list and first game.

Cut down on the warrior units from 2 (Undivided and Tzeentch) to 1 of Khorne. Figure the warriors of Khorne can get themselves into a lot less trouble through frenzy than the cavalry is capable of.

Beefed up on the cavalry units from 1 (chosen of Khorne) to 2 (Undivided Chosen and Tzeentch for the casting die).

Removed the chaos lord and replaced him with an exalted.

Toned one of my exalted down to an aspiring, but picked up the BSB (would have been REALLY handy in my last game).

Removed the chariot of Tzeentch for another screamer and two Warhound packs.

Here's the new list:

Exalted with Chosen Knights - This will generally be the hammer

Exalted Champion @ 156 Pts

Mark of Chaos Undivided
Chaos Steed
Sword of Striking
Enchanted Shield

5 Chosen Chaos Knights @ 255 Pts

Mark of Chaos Undivided
Musician
Standard Bearer

BSB Aspiring with Knights - Semi hammer and BSB support for infantry. Flankers.

Aspiring Champion @ 236 Pts

Battle Standard Bearer
Mark of Tzeentch
Chaos Steed
Spell Familiar
Gaze of the Gods

4 Chaos Knights @ 182 Pts

Mark of Tzeentch
Musician
Standard Bearer

Exalted with Warriors of Khorne - Generally an anvil. Helm of eyes if they get charged.

Exalted Champion @ 152 Pts

Mark of Khorne
Shield
Sword of Battle
Helm of Many Eyes

11 Chaos Warriors @ 253 Pts

Mark of Khorne
Musician
Standard Bearer Std
War Banner

I could choose to put an aspiring of khorne with the warriors, using the bsb, and an exalted of tzeentch in the cavalry unit instead.

Sorcerer with Marauders - Space fillers. LA/Shield for lasting power.

Chaos Sorcerer @ 170 Pts

Mark of Chaos Undivided
Level 2 Upgrade
2 Dispel Scrolls

19 Chaos Marauders @ 158 Pts

Full Command
Light Armor
Shield

Chaos Marauder Horsemen - March blocking, charge baiting, flank/rear charging

5 Chaos Marauder Horsemen @ 81 Pts

Musician
Flails

5 Chaos Marauder Horsemen @ 81 Pts

Musician
Flails

Screamers of Tzeentch - General flyer shenanigans. Mage/War machine hunters, march block.

5 Screamers @ 132 Pts

Warhounds - Screening protection for the knight units and flank charging support for all units.

Warhoundsx6 @ 36 pts
Warhoundsx6 @ 36 pts

Total Roster Cost: 1996

7 Casting Dice
6 Dispel Dice
2 Dispel Scrolls

Can't figure out any way to unload the last 4 points, afraid i'm stuck at 1996, barring suggestions.

I need to pick up another unit of knights and marauder horse, as well as 2 warhounds to field this list without proxy.

Anything else I'm blatantly screwing up?

EDIT: Extremely sorry for the double post, I locked the other one. Don't suppose I can delete that?

Khorghan
26-09-2007, 01:59
"I'm aware that many people strongly suggest warhounds.. would removing the chariot for a few units and some small upgrades elsewhere be worthwhile? Is the chariot something I should be fielding as well as the warhounds? If so where do those points come from?"

the chariot isnt going to do that much on itsown , itll probably get taken out my missile fire and chariots are always better in 2s , your knights are going to be a huge target to any missile fire your oponents will have so screening them with hounds would be a good idea.

Kadrium
26-09-2007, 02:11
Hmm... okay, I'll look into dropping the chariot and picking up 2 or 3 units of hounds and then maybe adding a few more upgrades and models to some of the units.

Coenono
26-09-2007, 04:45
The Exalted with MoU cannot go in the unit of Khorne warriors.

I will try to look at the list more tomarrow but im not feeling so well all the sudden. Just wanted to point that out.

Kadrium
26-09-2007, 12:27
Doh.. Armybuilder let it slide. I'll fix that.

Damian
26-09-2007, 15:26
I suggest that you try and find points for a fifth screamer, as then, if they finish killing off all the mages and war machines, you can use them to combi-charge enemy units in the rear, and get the +2 combat res. I really like chariots, although I do agree that they work best in pairs. I suggest maybe dropping it for your next game, and proxy the warhounds, before you decide which is better, so you don't end up spending money on models you'll never use.

Kadrium
26-09-2007, 15:36
I'll yank the chariot, and use the points for a 5th screamer, properly marking the exalted in the unit of khorne warriors, and 2-3 stands of warhounds.

Anything else look out of place?

Kadrium
27-09-2007, 23:16
List updated. Mark corrected on exalted joining the Khorne warriors. 5th Screamer added. 2 units of 6 warhounds added.

Can anyone else poke some holes in this list?

theunwantedbeing
27-09-2007, 23:41
Your chosen dont need character support.

Your exaulted on foot wants a great weapon rather than a magic sword.
It also helps to list sheilds when your warriors have them.
Not a great unit,easily shot to bits and baited and flanked.

I'de give your sorcerer a mount.
You may as well get the additional save and the additional attack.

Dropping 2 screamers for some furies might be an idea.
You'll need all the shooting protection you can get.

Not an amazing list really.
But usable at least for a decent and enjoyable game.

Kadrium
28-09-2007, 03:34
An enjoyable game is really all it's for. My friends are sick of my ogres beating them. This isn't intended to be a powergaming list, just something that will be fun to play and win a few games.

I don't have any furies as it stands, and I still need to buy more knights, marauder horse, and the warhounds just to field the list as is without proxies. Furies would be further down the road.

Are 3 screamers really worth much in a 2k game?

Where else would you put the exalted, after being taken out of the chosen?

I have no mouted sorcerer model, or I would have him on one already. When I get a model to represent him, he will be.

bigbear bailey
28-09-2007, 15:22
I think your main problem like so many people is that you can usually only field warriors OR knights under 2000 points... Right now your unit count is so low that horde armies will **** you up... SO try to get more marauders...

Coenono
02-10-2007, 04:34
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. First off im by no means a guy that puts much stock into fluff. But Khorne and Tzeentch on the same list kinda gives even me a kinda weird feeling. Ive tried it before and while it looks good on paper and 2k it just doesnt seem to work out. Maybe its the warhammer gods shunning the list. But besides that you have two expensive marks and in a high point army and for chaos 2k is still kind of a low point game. Heres my 2 cents

- Take the MoT of the knights and give them MoK. Take the exalted out of the warriors and put him in the knights. If you have the points banner of blood or war banner is good here. Helm of many eyes is kind of a waste with out a great weapon. Axe of Khorne is a nice character killer.

-Warriors dont really need a hero so give them a extra guy to bump them to 12 im guessing they are going to be used to support the maraurder unit.

- 3 Furies should be fine at 2k they are t4 2w and have a 5+ ward save. Plus you dont have to worry about them running form shooting. Yeah a volley form some woodies may not be the most fun but thats one less volley your knights or warriors have to take. Plus it will proably take 2 rounds at least of shooting to bring them down.

- Even though the sorc is in the maurders putting your general in there and giveing him the helm and a gw can help you take out knights that like to charge in to your marauders.

Just some stuff to chew on. hope it helps

Kadrium
02-10-2007, 21:57
I can see where you're going with most of that.. Thanks for the advice. I'll try those changes out and see what works.

W0lf
02-10-2007, 22:23
'I think your main problem like so many people is that you can usually only field warriors OR knights under 2000 points... '

Pah nonsense.

I have chosen warriors, chosen knights and 3 Tzeentch characters (ones a lord) in my 2k ;)

Coenono
03-10-2007, 19:57
Well with three characters I can see why you would want warriors so you can get that extra beloved power die.

- One other thing i just noticed Kadrium if you do remove the Tzeentch character it may also be wise to take the lvl2 off the lone sorc. As your only going to be able cast 1 spell anyway with 3 Die.

Anyway that should save ya some more points. Let us know how it goes

W0lf
03-10-2007, 20:11
Id drop the 5 screamers for:

8 Furies (do the same thing but cheaper) 120 pts
Another Tzeentch knight - 33 pts

12 pts saved plus the 4 = 16 pts to play with.