PDA

View Full Version : Do craftworlds fight each other?

Tehkonrad
26-09-2007, 00:45
I was just wondering because i'm planning an eldar army that is much maligned because of its attack on a biel tan swordwind host the reason: pig-headed stupidity

DantesInferno
26-09-2007, 00:53
Yes, they do. Although it's regarded as a tragedy.

There's a battle report in a WD where Rangers from Alaitoc prepared to attack human settlers on a maiden world. However, Farseers from Ulthwe predicted that the human settlement would eventually be a lynchpin in the Imperium's defence against the Tyranids, and without it the Imperium (and later the Eldar) would be screwed. So the Ulthwe seers went to try to persuade Alaitoc not to attack. However, given Eldar pride, neither side was willing to back down, so the Ulthwe Farseers sorrowfully ordered their troops to attack the Alaitoc force.

So it's possible, though you'd need to flesh out exactly why your Eldar force attacked a Biel-Tan host.

Tehkonrad
26-09-2007, 00:56
I'll find a reason...

Green-is-best
26-09-2007, 01:24
I'll find a reason...

The Beil-Tan said they were prettiest Eldar in the galaxy!

Shiakou
26-09-2007, 01:42
Which Craftworld is your army from, Tehkonrad?

Vaulkhar
26-09-2007, 02:08
It's a one-sentence reference in one of the 3rd or 4th edition codices, but there is a Craftworld that believes itself to be the only uncorrupted survivor of the Fall and that all the others are tainted by Chaos. If you want a protagonist...
Edit: I *think* it's the Zhar-Tann, but I can't find the reference at the moment.

robertsjf
26-09-2007, 02:15
The Beil-Tan said they were prettiest Eldar in the galaxy!

The are partially green....

DantesInferno
26-09-2007, 02:18
It's a one-sentence reference in one of the 3rd or 4th edition codices, but there is a Craftworld that believes itself to be the only uncorrupted survivor of the Fall and that all the others are tainted by Chaos. If you want a protagonist...
Edit: I *think* it's the Zhar-Tann, but I can't find the reference at the moment.

"Most strange of all is the Craftworld of Dorhai, which refuses to deal with other Craftworlds at all, believing themselves the only untainted survivors of the Fall and maintaining that other Craftworlds are infested with the seeds of Chaos" (Codex Imperialis, 2nd ed, p63). There may well be a more recent reference, but this one fits the bill, at least.

Vaulkhar
26-09-2007, 02:20
Yep, that's what I was thinking of. No wonder I couldn't find it, I was looking in the wrong place.

Tehkonrad
26-09-2007, 06:02
Well since theres no other fluff on dorhai i shall make up some bwahahahahahaha

LexxBomb
26-09-2007, 08:03
dont forget about the references of a craft war in the book eldar phrophecies

Tehkonrad
26-09-2007, 09:48
can you elaborate?

LexxBomb
26-09-2007, 12:24
there was a major war between the craftworld in the book and the saim haim (I cant spell tonight) craft world due to the two ships comming close to each other. it seems that the wild riders like to wage war on other eldar for resources and support their political system. in the process of this war one of the craft worlds was almost destroyed and it took an extreamly powerful warlock and bonesinger to keep it from falling apart. If you can get the book it good eldar info if you can get past Gotos writing style. pay particular attention on the warp spider pheonix lord and the appendix at the back.

Luthien
26-09-2007, 16:48
NO, do not read Eldar Prophecy by CS Goto it's evil. Seriously. Oh and Saim Hann get into fights with everyone even each other. But yeah don't read Goto's book

Bregalad
26-09-2007, 21:19
Well, at least don't use Goto's books as reference for background information, as the author has proven multiple times to have absolutely no idea of the official Eldar background (or Codex :rolleyes:).

LexxBomb
27-09-2007, 03:35
and everyone said the same thing about Gav thorpe when he wrote "Angels of Darkness".

you just have to look at what he wrote and think of it as what an eldar might know if his craftworld never communicated with other ones and became decadent