PDA

View Full Version : whats with be'lakor?

warmaster tz'arkan
26-09-2007, 07:12
i know daemons are vicious and cruel... and sometimes insane.

but whats with this guy?:wtf: whats his problem? and why'd he go chaining up volkmar when he could have brought him back and then killed him again to assert superiority over archaon.:evilgrin:

what do you think?

Griefbringer
26-09-2007, 07:33
Wouldn't this be better on the fantasy background section?

Nineswords
26-09-2007, 10:12

but whats with this guy?:wtf: whats his problem? and why'd he go chaining up volkmar when he could have brought him back and then killed him again to assert superiority over archaon.:evilgrin:

what do you think?

Because think how much it would demoralise the Empire to see one of their greatest statesmen lose his faith in Sigmar on the top of a standard for the daemonic legions.

Voltaire
26-09-2007, 10:27
Psychological Warfare is normally as effective as conventional warfare.

Vesica
26-09-2007, 12:54
I thinks its best not to true and understand chaos and its ways, many a good man has been lead to ruin that way.

memitchell747
29-09-2007, 06:08

what do you think?

IIRC, Be'lakor was the first Daemon Prince. He was so sure of his own importance he crowned himself, or tried to. The Chaos Gods gave him a smack down for his arrogance. He is condemned to live as an incorporeal being, except in times of great upheaval. Then, he is forced to crown the Everchosen, the latest being Archeaon. Bís jealousy consumes him.

He plays a part in at least three WH episodes. Each is based on his attempts to change his fate and gain a physical presence. For whatever reason, he is the Dark Master found in the Pit in Mordheim. MAybbe Warpstone will help him change? He is also the Dark Lord who set the Dark Shadows campaign loose on Albion. And, he crowns Archeon and leads a daemon army in the Storm of Chaos. No, he is not a nice gent.

pox
29-09-2007, 06:37
IIRC, he was the comet that hit mordheim, he appears when a comet hits the ground. a popular train of thought is he's the re-incarnation of the concepts and ideas behind malal. due to copyright issues, malal was dropped as a rogue chaos god, the god that hunted the other gods. be'lakor fills that ideal nicely. (along with the traitor marines the sons of malice, if anyone cares.)