PDA

View Full Version : Whats the harlequins 'great plan'

Tehkonrad
26-09-2007, 06:14
In all my time playing i've always wondered
whats the plan i mean i know its some thing to do with dark eldar but other than that what is it?

Kasonic
26-09-2007, 07:15
Keep their books safe.

Shiakou
26-09-2007, 07:35
Steal all of Comorragh's rum.

Because you know. . . they need that rum. The Laughing God isn't so giggly without the rum.

Otherwise, guard over the Black Library.

Danjester
26-09-2007, 08:01
Cake. And Monkeys.

Don't ask...

Tehkonrad
26-09-2007, 09:46
really?
because i always assumed it was uniting the eldar into one super-race of harlequins but thats just my theory

gunhed
26-09-2007, 12:35
Isn't it reunification of all the different Eldar factions?

zekrish
26-09-2007, 12:40
Actually i belive that they are trying to unite the Eldars under one banner.. and watch thier books... Not alowing anyone but eldars burrow them.. ven if they have thier library cards

Curufew
26-09-2007, 12:47
Planning on how to reveal their cirque du soleil shows to the universe

LexxBomb
26-09-2007, 12:50
waiting for the laughing god to save their souls (well except for the solitaires)

does anyone know when the harlequins took over the job of protecting the black libary from the phoenix lords (who were the original guardians of the BL)

The Judge
26-09-2007, 13:37
Pretty sure it has something to do with Ynnead.

I imagine the Harlies took over the Black Library after the Fall.

Luthien
26-09-2007, 16:11
Erm there was no Phoenix lords before the fall so it must have been sometime after and besides i've never heard of the PL's guarding the BL, wheres this come from :confused:

Baaltharus
26-09-2007, 16:32
Their 'plan' has yet to actually been covered yet as far as I'm aware. Some of their plans as have been covered above are pretty clear but their mighty uber plan has yet to be given any depth.

ryng_sting
26-09-2007, 17:30
Never specified, although Gav Thorpe hinted their plans were 'jaw droppingly horrifying', as befits the duality of their nature.

Pain
26-09-2007, 17:58
Never specified, although Gav Thorpe hinted their plans were 'jaw droppingly horrifying', as befits the duality of their nature.
Possible Translation = GW has no idea what the harlis plans are.

Crazy Tom
26-09-2007, 19:40
Their great plan is to get people interested in their background and by that virtue go on and sell more miniatures for the Games Workshop of Mankind.

carlisimo
26-09-2007, 20:51
In another thread I did say I liked the execution of the C'tan fluff... but I hope the Harlequins aren't working for the Deceiver.

Maybe they're going to try to kill all the Eldar to accelerate the birth of Ynnead? (Just throwing something out there.)

Luthien
26-09-2007, 21:10
Oh christ i hope not, that would totally spoil my army

Rockerfella
26-09-2007, 21:17
I wouldn't worry too much. The Harlequins are primarliy occupied with the fight against Chaos, not the C'tan. Although they despise the C'tan i'm sure.

I'd like to think Cegorach is clever enough to make sure his boys know when its him and when its not, if that makes sense. There's no need to shoehorn the C'tan into everything every race does, so for me, I think the Deciever has little to do with it.

Thats my take though, I guess the phrase 'Horses for courses' applies here!!

:)

Temmy
26-09-2007, 23:24
I believe the harlequins are working towards the mass suicide of the Eldar. When the time comes, the Harlequins will ensure that the entire Eldar species commits suicide all at once. The Harlequins will then collect the spirit stones, plug em into the the infinity matrix and this will be the spark needed to awaken Ynnead. The Harlequins, who have the necessary genetic and psychological traits to make them immune to Chaos will form the breeding stock from which the new, Chaos immune Eldar species will emerge.

Khaine's Messenger
27-09-2007, 00:59
whats the plan

Bring about the Star Child, get Cegorach to train him, and then loose this monster on the universe in a war for heaven. Er. Well. That's one of their plans, anyway, circa the Inquisition War novels from many moons ago.

Although I suppose you could ask Kage about the Metarune.... ;)

Hellebore
27-09-2007, 01:06
Kill all of the eldar race, fuse them into the eternal matrix and birth ynnead to destroy slannesh.

Hellebore

Tehkonrad
27-09-2007, 02:27
good idea that

LexxBomb
27-09-2007, 03:31
Erm there was no Phoenix lords before the fall so it must have been sometime after and besides i've never heard of the PL's guarding the BL, wheres this come from :confused:

comes from the 2nd edition novels... read the Inquisitor war series
Draco
harlequin
warlock

i think that was the books in order

DantesInferno
27-09-2007, 03:51
Kill all of the eldar race, fuse them into the eternal matrix and birth ynnead to destroy slannesh.

Seems like that would be the very definition of a Pyrrhic victory....

Hellebore
27-09-2007, 04:04
Seems like that would be the very definition of a Pyrrhic victory....

The only reason I thought about it was because the Harlequin's plan was supposed to be 'horrifying'. I also don't think the eldar believe they will ever survive the destruction of Slannesh - so pyrrhic it is (certainly fits the dying race mentality).

Of course, there's nothing that says ynead need be made of eldar souls - perhaps their plan is to annihilate humanity and fuse them into a god of death?

Hellebore

Shiakou
27-09-2007, 04:16
Their plan is to get all Eldar to sacrifice themselves to birth Ynnead, but that's not all. . .

Afterwards, Ynnead will fuse with the God-Emperor, forming a new Omni-God, more powerful than GorknMork and the Chaos Gods put together. This new Omni-God will purge the Warp of all negative influences, release the psychic barriers of all humans, freeing their souls, and the collective souls of Humans and Eldar will all form the new Organism which will rival the Hive Mind in scope and power.

elvinltl
27-09-2007, 06:02
Far-Fetched...

You think Eldar will ever let their race be tainted by Monkeighs? Genetic disevolution...

Shiakou
27-09-2007, 06:55
Far-Fetched...

You think Eldar will ever let their race be tainted by Monkeighs? Genetic disevolution...

Oh, did I imply that they had a choice?

ALL WILL BOW BEFORE THE OMNI-GOD!!! :evilgrin:

elvinltl
27-09-2007, 07:05
Given their Pride they would rather commit suicide...

Shiakou
27-09-2007, 07:44
Given their Pride they would rather commit suicide...

That's exactly what the Harlequins want them to do, hehe. Unless "sacrifice" means something else in 40K. :evilgrin: They will all die!

stormblade
27-09-2007, 11:55

- eldar can hardly devolve because they didn't evolve in the first place.

Kage2020
27-09-2007, 23:09
I've got some rather quirky ideas about the Eldar, so my concepts of the "Harlequin grand plan," insofar as one might use the term "plan" for this most mercurial group within the Eldar, tend to fall into an image shaped by the concepts regarding the species in general.

For me, ultimately the Laughing God keys into the Ynnead story (though each time I see that name I try not to think of the obvious! ;)). This relates to the premise that I do not see the Laughing God to have been able to escape the Fall without paying some form of price. Khaine paid it when he shattered into pieces and, once again for me, the Laughing God did it by binding himself with the remains of the Webway. (Indeed, the damage done to the Webway was required!) Bound. He does not gallivant around the matterium, though he may employ "avatars" of a form (just like Warp Powers) to extend his influence into a physical being.

Now the Laughing God and his servants - and avatars! - shape the fabric of the Webway, the basis of the Eternal Matrix. Of course, this partially buys into my concept of the Metarune, but I've tempered that somewhat in the years since I created it.

(Oh yes, and I also throw in the "Greatest Secret" into this as well, but that gets into an interpretation of the Solitaires themselves!)

Kage

elvinltl
29-09-2007, 15:18
Ok not disevolved but rather adding impurities in Eldar genes...

Anyway, i think Harlequins are rather incapable of doing anything dramatic. They are few in numbers and prefer clowning around. And they just Guard the Black Library...