PDA

View Full Version : The Rules for Nagash

Weldo Rubin
26-09-2007, 12:22
Can anyone give me a link to where I can find these? Or at least just tell me his Points Cost? I'd like to know just how powerful he is, you understand...

Gorbad Ironclaw
26-09-2007, 12:28
There isn't any rules that are more recent than 5th edition.

Griefbringer
26-09-2007, 12:31
Yep, the only official stats that I am aware of are in the 4th/5th edition undead army book.

Weldo Rubin
26-09-2007, 12:34
Of course, but do you know where I can find these rules on the net?

Masque
26-09-2007, 12:41

Requests like this are bound to get you in trouble with the Inquisition. I'd suggest trying to buy an Undead army book off eBay or used from your local store.

Griefbringer
26-09-2007, 12:44

Legally, nowhere. And GW is unlikely to put that obsoleted rules to their website.

I would recommend looking for a used copy, there is plenty of interesting material in that book.

T10
26-09-2007, 13:28
Frankly, I'd be happy to post Nagash's obsolete rules for all to see. Unfortunately, I don't have ready access to that particular army book.

I can tell you from memory, though, that he *is* completely unsuitable in the current WFB milieu. His Strength, Toughness and Wounds lie in the 7-8 range, for one thing.

-T10

Atrahasis
26-09-2007, 13:54
He's also a level 5 Necromancer, which is completely unheard of in the 6th/7th structure.

I personally hope that Nagash never appears on the battlefield. It would be like having Tzeentch or Sigmar (both almost, since he was a match for Sigmar in melee and possibly the most magically talented mortal ever) running around. Better to have him as the power behind a campaign than show up on the tabletop IMO.

Gorbad Ironclaw
26-09-2007, 14:03
Well, he is from a time where the basic strenght of a Vampire was 7 :p

But yeah, his rules are in no way suitable for the current game. It would also be worth noting that he could pick his spells and recast them as many times per magic phase as he have power to do so. But then, a Lich could do that better as I remember, as they could get that rod that took away stats for power cards.

T10
26-09-2007, 14:16
4th and 5th edition was brutal. In some armies, any troopers appearing on the field of battle were just those unlucky ones selected to fill the 25% minimum troops selection.

Any champion could take a magic item, and usually did! With no pints restrictions you could do silly things like giving an orc boss that 150 pt. sword that gave him +3 toughness!

-T10

-T10

TheCaptainJack
26-09-2007, 15:31
I remember back when I had a white dwarf subscription, the mail order Trollz would include a Trollz Nooz newsletter thing made by, you guessed it, the Mail Order Trollz. One issue in particular had rules for Nagash, updated for 6th edition. It also had probably the most balanced rules for introducing bloodlines into Mordheim that I had ever seen. Now if someone could find that copy of Trolz Nooz then we'd be in business. I especially want those rules for mordheim.

Australian mail order trollz that is, back when Tero Kanko worked there

The_Warsmith
26-09-2007, 17:14
if you wanted to make more up to date rules for nagash use the profile of a necrarch vampire lord and kit him out with as many bloodline powers as possible and then make a funky model for him using tomb king bits, that's what i was gunna do but i've never have the time or attention span :p

Arkturas
27-09-2007, 13:46
Any champion could take a magic item, and usually did! With no pints restrictions you could do silly things like giving an orc boss that 150 pt. sword that gave him +3 toughness!

-T10

-T10

That hardly counts as hard though. Dwarfs had a rune that gave T10 for the same points. Combine that with the S/T decreasing weapon rune and I had Nagash and Bloodthirsters running away from my dwarf lord on several occasions. Instant death weapons/runes were also around and bigger dragons. It wasn't called Herohammer for the mighty deeds of rank and file infantry. Anyway as a rough guide to a modern Nagash he'd be somewhere around the stats of a Bloodthirster with the magic ability of Teclis and way north of 1000pts.

yabbadabba
27-09-2007, 14:06
I have seen many a super-character running away from an innocent looking dwarf runesmith or lord in 4/5th ed WFB. Thos guys were evil - well not literally of course :)

Nagash was about 750pts with magic items, and characteristics 7 across the board except for ld which was 10. He was amazing hard to kill and I have seen him walk through an Empire Grand Battery over 3 rounds of shooting and not lose a wound :wtf:

However, one fateful Games Night, a 12 year old turned up with him as his only model. Under pressure from the father the staff let him play. First magic phase of the first turn the kid insisted on playing Power of Chaos - and rolled a 1 and killed himself! Oh how we all chuckled.

I have also seen someone turn up for a store tournament with Nagash and 750 pts of Ghosts as his 1500 army. By the time Nagash had finished raising undead his army must have been close to 2500/3000. Not beardy at all.

Weldo Rubin
27-09-2007, 19:07
However, one fateful Games Night, a 12 year old turned up with him as his only model. Under pressure from the father the staff let him play. First magic phase of the first turn the kid insisted on playing Power of Chaos - and rolled a 1 and killed himself! Oh how we all chuckled.

HA!!! I love that!

TheDarkDaff
28-09-2007, 06:00
Nagash also had the great sword mortis (every time he caused a wound he got one added to his profile), the book of Nagash(+1 level) and some funky suit of Armour.

But dispite that i always found the Blood Thrister to absolutely wipe the floor with Nagash. the whole 21 (magical) attacks that cause d3 wounds with a higher WS, S, T, I, W and flying plus the almost immunity to spells and the Unmodifiable 4+ armour save and Daemonic Ward Save absolutly hammered poor coco into the ground in the first round of combat nearly every time. Tyrion was the only real (consistant) threat to a Bloodthirster in herohammer because of the Heart of Avalon(and the fact that he did d6 wounds with no armour saves allowed).

Gorbad Ironclaw
28-09-2007, 06:54
Not really, I had a Khorne lord that on average would kill a Thirster a turn.

Helm of Many Eyes, Demonslayer and Black Amulet. And he would be in a unit of knights with the Banner of Might. 10 attacks, striking before the Thirster, hitting on 3+, wounding automatical(and ignoring it's armour if I remember correctly) and causing d3 wounds.

And of course, there were the ever popular Gem of Gnar, where a 30 point champion could remove your Blood Thrister from the game for ages :p

BigRob
28-09-2007, 07:53
Didn't Nagash have a staff as well, stored or created power cards? Its been a while since I read that book. All necromancers could pick thier spells and recast back then :D

Herohammer was all fun, provided both sides new what to expect.
Wizard Lord on Emporer Dragon, Forbidden Rod, Amber Amulet, Sword of Defiance, and a potion of healing.

He's got 4 spells, all cast on ireesistable force although he will take a wound on a 4+, regenerates a wound a turn, has +3 Toughness, Can restore all his wounds immediatly if required and rides a dragon with stats in the 8/9 across the board........

You only get close to herohammer now in the dwarf slayer lists

Weldo Rubin
28-09-2007, 14:02
Sounds to me like 'Good Ol' Days - talk'.

But why haven't Games Workshop added the Rules of Nagash to their website in the section of Tomb Kings or Vampire Counts sections? After all, they've done it with (I think) all the other Special Characters from 5th Edition...

Urgat
28-09-2007, 14:13
Not really, I had a Khorne lord that on average would kill a Thirster a turn.

Helm of Many Eyes, Demonslayer and Black Amulet. And he would be in a unit of knights with the Banner of Might. 10 attacks, striking before the Thirster, hitting on 3+, wounding automatical(and ignoring it's armour if I remember correctly) and causing d3 wounds.

And of course, there were the ever popular Gem of Gnar, where a 30 point champion could remove your Blood Thrister from the game for ages :p

Amon Shakai wiped the floor of everybody save for, maybe, Kroak.
That bloody Lord of change special character is my arch nemesis, and I swear I'l find a way to bring him back on a table some day to beat the bloody bastard.

Anyway, magical objects were sick, back then :p I had that weapon that inflicted D6 wounds per wound w/o save or something :p

BigRob
28-09-2007, 17:33
I'd imagine his rules have gone because the model is not available, and due to him not having an armybook to go with.
He's not a tomb King or a Vampire count, in fact, as I understand it, they all hate him. With a revised Vampire counts book, new tomb King information or possibly Warhammer Armies:Nagash he'll appear. I heard rumours he was supposed to be part ofthe Nemesis Crown campaign, but it turned out to be dwarven instead, so maybe in a couple of years...