PDA

View Full Version : How did Eldrad start the second armageddon war?

The Guy
26-09-2007, 17:46
Just wondering this and I have only read that he "sparked it" but no reference to how.

Noserenda
26-09-2007, 17:49
I know some Eldar assassinated a Warlord likely to gain control of what would become Waaagh Ghazkull as that warlord would attack the Eldar and Ghazkull was after oomies.

I had it in my head that Alaitoc did it though

winter has ended
26-09-2007, 17:51
eldarad saw in the future the orcs would attack eldar, so the eldar attacked gazghulls homeworld and shifted power to favor a warlord who was less likely to effect the eldar, gazghull
and thats how armeggedon started

MadDogMike
27-09-2007, 02:44
More to the point, he knew specifically that letting Ghaz be the warboss would spark the whole unbelievable slaughter of Armageddon's two ork wars, while letting Ghaz's rival that he had assassinated win would result in the Eldar being attacked (if memory serves it wasn't even on the scale of Armageddon's slaughter but like one small colony of Eldar). That Eldrad didn't even hesitate before making his decision pretty much confirms that he, like the rest of his race, is a dick :D.

stompzilla
27-09-2007, 02:50
LMAO! Eldrad rules! Would you rather 200 people died or 100,000 cows? Eldrad's a geezer. ;op

Tehkonrad
27-09-2007, 03:20
LMAO! Eldrad rules! Would you rather 200 people died or 100,000 cows? Eldrad's a geezer. ;op

Of course you'd go for the cows the people are on thier way out,doomed on the road to ruin
while the cows are still evolving into SUPER-COWS OF UNIMAGINABLE AWESOMEITUDE

Ktotwf
27-09-2007, 03:26
That Eldrad didn't even hesitate before making his decision pretty much confirms that he, like the rest of his race, is a dick :D.

A pretty huge dick to be real about it.

Green-is-best
27-09-2007, 03:28
More to the point, he knew specifically that letting Ghaz be the warboss would spark the whole unbelievable slaughter of Armageddon's two ork wars, while letting Ghaz's rival that he had assassinated win would result in the Eldar being attacked (if memory serves it wasn't even on the scale of Armageddon's slaughter but like one small colony of Eldar). That Eldrad didn't even hesitate before making his decision pretty much confirms that he, like the rest of his race, is a dick :D.

Oh my god, sigged

chromedog
27-09-2007, 04:12
If mad cow disease threatens, you slaughter the cattle.
You don't let them survive because they think they're chickens.

It was purely a numbers game. Better 100,000 heads of cattle die, than a single much more worthy eldar soul succumbs.

Progena
27-09-2007, 13:24
The whole situation is like the old Norwegian fairytale (which you should know, so don't flame me if you don't ;)); the Three Billy Goats Gruff.

Basically the troll is Ghazkull. Eldrad is the first (and also second) goat who convinces the Troll that the Goat behind him tastes better and would make a better meal. The third goat is Yarrick who kicks troll ass.

:D

ryng_sting
27-09-2007, 17:45
Eldrad saw that an Ork Warlord was due to rise to power, and would start a Waaagh! that would cost 10,000 Eldar lives. Under Eldrad's guidance, the Eldar staged a series of raids and strikes targeting this nascent leader and his powerbase. As a result, another Ork Warlord, whose attentions were less perilous to the Eldar, rose to power instead. That Warlord was Ghazghkull Thraka.

Rockerfella
27-09-2007, 17:57
A pretty huge dick to be real about it.

Your clear and tangiable Eldar hate never ceases to amaze me Ktotwf! ;)

I guess he was just doing the right thing, by his people. That dosen't make him a dick per se. It makes him a saviour to his people, and a dick to the people of Armageddon. Having said that, maybe they deserved it, naming their planet pretty much after a Def Leppard song....:eyebrows:

Jesting aside, If I were in Eldrads shoes (Plimsoles... Moccasins..whatever he wore) then I'd have done the same thing. I'm sure the rest of you would too!

mistformsquirrel
27-09-2007, 18:02
No, seriously, they're right, Eldrad is a dick. (http://wikichan.org/index.php/Eldrad_Ulthran)

>.>

Rockerfella
27-09-2007, 18:12
You know what, thats one of the funniest things i've read in a while! :P I guess he is a dick after all!!

mistformsquirrel
27-09-2007, 18:43
Thought you might get a kick out of that <,< I thought it was pretty funny the first time I read it too.

Rockerfella
27-09-2007, 19:12
Yeah, its nice to see a bit of tongue in cheek satire such as the above. I enjoyed reading it if i'm honest. Its clever and fun, which is all that matters to me.

Good stuff!

stormblade
27-09-2007, 19:22
The whole situation is like the old Norwegian fairytale (which you should know, so don't flame me if you don't ;)); the Three Billy Goats Gruff.

Basically the troll is Ghazkull. Eldrad is the first (and also second) goat who convinces the Troll that the Goat behind him tastes better and would make a better meal. The third goat is Yarrick who kicks troll ass.

:D

- That's pure genius:D- should read up on Norwegian folklore

Progena
27-09-2007, 20:41
No, seriously, they're right, Eldrad is a dick. (http://wikichan.org/index.php/Eldrad_Ulthran)

>.>

Haha, that was great. Hmm... is there more stuff like that on this site? *Checks* Hmms again... I have this nagging feeling that I should quit browsing this site before I find something I'm not gonna like...

- That's pure genius:D- should read up on Norwegian folklore

Why thank you, I take that as a personal compliment :angel:. And you should. Most Norwegian "fairytales" (innapropriate english translation) contain at least one or more of the following; satan, mutilations, disemboweling, maneating trolls, sadistic family members and most importantly, no fairies. Oh, and that's after the 'offencive' stuff was taken out.

McNuggets
27-09-2007, 20:58

>.>

I love the punchline at the end

Sekhmet
27-09-2007, 21:45
But seriously, the Eldar see the Humans like the Humans see the Orks, really.

The Humans diverted a huge portion of a Hive Fleet (forget which) into Ork territory, basically killing off the hive fleet and devastating the Orks there. Did we blink at all at the fact that we wiped out millions of Orks? Pfft. No.

Do Eldar care if billions of Humans die to save millions of their own? No. We honestly wouldn't do any different in his position.

MadDogMike
27-09-2007, 21:49

>.>

Heh, obviously I am familiar with the meme from 4chan, though I warn people there is much filtration of crap and horribleness one must go through to grab the gems like that, though thankfully the Traditional Games (/tg/) board that generally focuses on Warhammer 40K is better than some of the others. BTW, on the flip side Kharn the Betrayer is actually a hell of a guy. (http://wikichan.org/index.php/Kh%C3%A2rn)

On the subject at hand, if the Imperium's flaws can be boiled down to being superstitious, fanatical xenophobes, the Eldar can be summed up as "most arrogant race in 40K", which is one hell of an accomplishment. Despite utterly destroying their little empire in a display of their own personal flaws, the majority still consider themselves the greatest thing in the universe around and everyone else basically there for their usage as needed. The level of this varies (a Biel-Tan Farseer in Eldrad's position might have sparked Ghaz's rise to power even without there being a risk to Eldar otherwise simply to ensure the "Mon-Keigh" and the orks were killing each other off) but it's fairly constant. Though to be fair I don't see most Eldar fans claiming they're a NICE race :evilgrin:. Funny part is the arrogance is still costing them badly, especially when people release demons/Necrons/other threats the Eldar know about because the Eldar are too busy threatening to explain themselves.

mistformsquirrel
27-09-2007, 21:52
Haha, that was great. Hmm... is there more stuff like that on this site? *Checks* Hmms again... I have this nagging feeling that I should quit browsing this site before I find something I'm not gonna like...

A good plan >.>; though the /tg/ stuff is pretty good honestly; mostly just hilarious. It has some fantastic stories about what a great guy Kharn is <,<;

The rest... uhm...

And never go to /b/. Ever.

*Edit* Beaten to the punch! <,<