PDA

View Full Version : High Elf Princes on Gryphons

Boneknight
26-09-2007, 23:56
Is it valuabe to mount a High Elf Prince on a griffin. In the old rules what I was planning for my prince was a griffin, sword of might, enchanted shield, amulet of purifying flames, and the vambrace of defence. He would essentially have 8 S5 attacks a 3+ rerollable armour save, a 4+ ward save and all spells at him are at -3 to cast, and if the gryphon dies and he joins a unit the ability is passed th them.

Mabbz101
27-09-2007, 01:08
thats probably the only prince combination i havnt tried. i have a game tomoro and still need to do my list so i will put that in and play test it. intresting

Alathir
27-09-2007, 15:11
That is a very nice build you have there my friend. Just be wary that once the new book is out you may not be able to do it as the magic items may change.

I like the build though, very much.

lector#1
28-09-2007, 12:08
i like your build aswell but when you have played him can he stay alive long enough to actually do some damage to the enemy.
i might be putting my prince on a griffon IF i dont use Tyrion but seeing as he cant join any flying unit doesnt that make him a fire target ?

lector#1
28-09-2007, 13:52
but i have 2 builds i would use they go like this.

prince
radiant gem of hoeth
seer (uses flaming sword of rhuin)
lance
helm of fortune
shield
dragon armor.

or
prince
blade of leaping gold
helm of fortune
dragon armor
shield
talisman of protection

Boneknight
30-09-2007, 03:17
in the new rules I think you can still take the old items at the same price plus some new sweet ones. I think you could give him Imrik's star lance, the phoenix guard thing I forget the name that gives you a 5+ ward, an enchanted shield, and you still may be able to take the fire amulet depending on how much the make the lance, and put him on a sun dragon

Boneknight
30-09-2007, 03:18
thats probably the only prince combination i havnt tried. i have a game tomoro and still need to do my list so i will put that in and play test it. intresting

if someone hears anything fro, Mabbz please tell him to post his playtest results on this thread