PDA

View Full Version : First atempt at a Dwarf army for a tourney - 1450

Neesh
01-09-2005, 19:24
Hello!
I have just started an army of beer-loving beardies, and am going to a tournament. The limitations are as follows: magic item limit - 35 pts, max sum of magic levels - 4 (bound spells count as one level each), 1450 pts to spend. Here's my unconventional army.

1 Thane @ 86 Pts
General; Great Weapon; Light Armour
Runic Armour [25]
Master Rune of Gromril

1 * Runesmith @ 114 Pts
Great Weapon; Gromril Armour; Shield
Runic Armour [5]
Rune of Stone
Runic Talisman [25]
Rune of Spellbreaking

1 Dragon Slayer @ 100 Pts
Runic Weapon [35]
Master Rune of Swiftness
Rune of Striking

10 Dwarf Crossbows @ 135 Pts
Crossbow; Light Armour; Shield; Musician

10 Thunderers @ 155 Pts
Dwarf Handgun; Light Armour; Shield; Musician

15 Troll Slayers @ 183 Pts
2ndWeapon; Standard; Musician

14 * Hammerers @ 305 Pts
Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician
Runic Banner [50]
Rune of Slowness

1 Gate Keeper @ [12] Pts

1 Bolt Thrower @ 70 Pts
Engineering Runes [25]
Rune of Penetrating

3 Crew @ [0] Pts
Light Armour

1 Bolt Thrower @ 70 Pts
Engineering Runes [25]
Master Rune of Skewering

3 Crew @ [0] Pts
Light Armour

4 Leadbelchers @ 230 Pts
Light Armour; Musician

Dispel Pool: 5

Casting Pool: 2

Models in Army: 65

Total Army Cost: 1448

Whaddya think ?

Tormentor of Slaanesh
01-09-2005, 21:31
get rid of those ogres, don't have them you're dwarfs not ogres!!!
on a more serious note you need another comabt unit and a gyropcopter. as you are weak in combat you need all the shooting time you can get, block march moves.

Megilain
01-09-2005, 21:50
The 35 point limit apparently does not affect magical banners carried by units...

It is nice, but by my opinion a little bit half-way-there, not enough shooting and not quite enough close combat. Perhaps you could consider ditching the bolt throwers for the favor of some more infantry, perhaps a unit of 16 dwarf with hw&shield. The bolt throwers are at their best against large targets and at 1450 points they can be quite rare...

DisturbeD_
02-09-2005, 15:58
also i know this is expencive but up grade all but one of your slayers in the front rank, so evan if they get charged they strike back and alot harder too and if you leave 1 not upgraded to a champ then it means he and the person who would take his place behide him die insteed of your champions :D

Starbane
04-09-2005, 13:36
Until your opponent finally realises that he can strike down your champs as easy as you normal troops and you see those expensive upgrades go to a total waste

Alex
04-09-2005, 14:22
I would put some ordinary dwarf clansmen in there as fighting units, rather than the hammerers. Those warriors are dirt cheap for what they do.

Tormentor of Slaanesh
04-09-2005, 20:51
looking at ur list again, the shooting mobs could be used in combat with the 4+ save. get rid of the ogres and hammerers and have more bolt throwers and a couple of clansmen units.