PDA

View Full Version : Is poison magical?

Mad Doc Grotsnik
27-09-2007, 18:53
Simple enough one this!

Do Poisoned wounds (those that hit on a 6) count as magical as well?

McMullet
27-09-2007, 18:56
Nor unless the poison is magical (e.g., Venom of the Firefly frog).

The Poisoned Attacks rules state that a roll to hit of 6 is an auto wound; it says nothing about them being magical, so they aren't, unless there's some ambiguity in the rules I was unaware of.

Kadrium
27-09-2007, 18:57
No, they're not. As far as I'm aware, only attacks from magic weapons, or other special attacks that specifically are identified as such, like a yhetee's ice weapons, are magical.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
27-09-2007, 18:59
Righto. Just needed to clear that one up.

Ganymede
28-09-2007, 01:50
Also, remember that the Venom of the Firefly Frog and the poisoned hand weapons of Gutter Runners can indeed poison ethereal troops.

Masque
28-09-2007, 02:51
Also, remember that the Venom of the Firefly Frog and the poisoned hand weapons of Gutter Runners can indeed poison ethereal troops.

I'll agree that the Venom lets you kill ethereals (as I don't want to get into how horribly those rules are worded). The Gutter Runner poison rules make no mention of the attacks being magical. Why would they work on ethereals?

GodHead
28-09-2007, 03:17
Page 10 of the Skaven army book:

Warpstone Weapons
The following Skaven weapons contain enough warpstone to count as magical, and so can damage creatures invulnerable to non-magical weapons.

Assassins' and Gutter Runners' poisoned weapons, plague censers' gas and hits, Warlock Engineer's warp-blades, warplock pistols, poisoned wind globes, Jezzails, Ratling Guns, Warpfire Throwers and Warp-lightning Cannons.

Hvidponi
28-09-2007, 03:19
Skaven Armybook P 10 states so...

Masque
28-09-2007, 03:45
Whoops. Looks like I got owned. I guess that's what I get for trying to comment on a situation involving two armies I don't play.

EvC
28-09-2007, 11:53
Lol, at least you're honest!

I do like that Venom of the Firefly Frog, however on the rare occasion that I roll 6s to hit with my Scar Vet, I forget that it's poison! Just thinking of the possible damage to Wood Elf Forest spirits, yum...