PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts Wood Elves Army: The 'Judderman' Legion

Kyuss
01-09-2005, 20:05
Looking to start playing fantasy after a while of BFG and Epic, and simply can't resist an army of tree demons. I will add elves later, but first off I want to model figures drinking metz!

How does this look?

Wood Elves: 2000pts

Lord:

Treeman Ancient: Murder of Spites, Annoyance of Nettlings,
Pagent of Shrikes 400

Heroes:

Branchwraith: Level 1, Cluster of Radients 130

Branchwraith: Level 1, Lamnetation of dispairs 130

Branchwraith: Level 1 105

Core:

16 Dryads 192

16 Dryads 192

16 Dryads 192

15 Dryads 180

Special:

3 Treekin: Elder 215

3 Treekin: Elder 215

Rare:

Great Eagle 50

Thanks in advance, Kyuss

Megilain
01-09-2005, 21:02
Have you considered the effectiveness of your dryads? They are a) skirmishers, b) mounted on 25mm bases and c) Immune to Psychology. So a) they do not get rank bonuses, b) you will very rarely get more than seven into close combat at time, leaving the rest wandering at the back waiting their turn and c) the Immunity pretty much rules out the usual bonus of taking large units, which is to make panic test rarer. So pretty much the only positive aspect of large number is the occasional outnumbering, which although can be quite good when combined with Fear, is a rather expensive point of combat resolution. Perhaps several smaller groups would be more effective...

Kolk
02-09-2005, 04:47
Your army also raises another question I am curious about in army composition- the role of fast calvary. Your army has no calvary- but I think wood elves could be played like ogres, with no calvary, but skirmish/scouts as screeners for your "ogre" tree-kin/man.

Alco Engineer
02-09-2005, 05:17
I like the idea. It would look very cool on the table top. Playability wise I couldn't really give 2 hoots. It would probably get hammered pretty hard but who cares?? If you have fun with it that's the main thing. Plaus its a bit different. not your "typical WE's army which just about every man and his dog seems to be getting lately.

Faeslayer
02-09-2005, 17:51
Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I thought Great Eagles couldn't go into Forest Spirit armies, as they don't have the "Forest Spirit" rule...

:confused:

Kyuss
02-09-2005, 20:47
Thanks for the comments people, smaller squads are coming when I'm sober!

Eagles don't have 'forest spirit', BUT I felt it would lookcool swooping down on people not drinkin cr*p alco-pops!!!

And the fact that I wanted more bulk rather than another treeman.....

Just on tactical point of view: With any army list I've learn to always play to your strengths, and damm the weaknesses. For example in epic with my orks, I take large squads which are withered by barrage, but will always keep in line due to the mob size rules.

Is this the same in Warhammer?

Kyuss

Muffin Man
02-09-2005, 21:30
Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I thought Great Eagles couldn't go into Forest Spirit armies, as they don't have the "Forest Spirit" rule...

:confused:

If you mean rules wise. As far as I know there are no rules limiting army selection, so a forest spirit army is just a theme thing.

Faeslayer
02-09-2005, 21:41
Oh, right, I was thinking of a Drycha-led army. Nevermind! :D

Treeman lords rock, btw.