PDA

View Full Version : Earn money by searching on Google!

Imbroglio
12-04-2005, 20:13
I don't know really how it work but it seems to be kosher. You can earn a little money from every google search you do, which will be paid when you reach a specified figure. You get more cash if you refer people.

Now, I know it sounds too good to be true, but the website looks professional, and it hasn't downloaded anything nasty to my computer so far - though I'm quite well covered with anti virus/spyware stuff - but no alarms have gone off either.

My email inbox hasn't been spammer either.

It looks kosher, and there doesn't seem to be any harm in seeing where it goes.

Try and finance your hobby for free![/url]

-- Imbroglio

*edit by Sylass*
See my comment in this thread.

x-esiv-4c
12-04-2005, 20:23
Eh, I've seen things like this loads of times before. They all look legit but there is always some catch.
Be wary, there is no such thing as free money.

alterion
12-04-2005, 20:27
hmm maybe.. i find it a bit ominous that no-one has sven earned enough for 1 payout yet.. so we'll see what happens when someone actually asks fr their $50... also there must be a purpose to this.. why are they going to pay you to do random google serches??? you CAN'T get free money.. just don't happen

Mc Haggis
12-04-2005, 20:54
It'll take you 62.5 days to get money at the max, it opened less that a week ago so no one will get any payments for 2 months. Can someone who knows the net explain how and why they are paying you without advertising anyone else on their site?

Kargos Bloodspit
12-04-2005, 21:46
Read through their policies. You aren't searching google, you're using their search engine. They're using the Goooogle catchphrase because it is applicable. Seeing as its a word nowadays (or at least its used as one) for searching. Every time you search, they generate ads. Theres also a strict policy on what you're allowed to do. Likelihood is if they think you're getting too close to the time you're going to get paid for the $50 of searching, they'll ban you for some unknown reason (they dont need to according to their policies), but thats just an idea I've come up with off the top of my head.

There dosnt seem to be one big catch anywhere, but there will be somewhere. No money is EVER free.

Tenoch
12-04-2005, 22:15
@ Kargos
That is unless you find the money for a drug deal in your local station, hidden in a tree.

^True story happened to a guy I once knew, named Marc I believe. Turned out it was his brother who had left the money there for some illicit substance.

Beefstick
13-04-2005, 05:06
They might just close down in 60 days... either that, or they know that nobody is willing to work for 62.5 days straight to earn a lousy 50 bucks.

Jedi152
13-04-2005, 08:05
Free money from teh intarweb11!!1!! never works out as planned.

I mean, you could earn up to $0.80 a day! woohoo!

The catch will be that you can only search the words they send you, and they'll probably send you about 1-2 a week.

A friend of mine put a search button on his site that gave him $0.02 every time someone used it. He had visions of becoming a millionaire ... i think he made about 20c!

Drabant
13-04-2005, 08:40
TANSTAAFL, in deed.

Sylass
13-04-2005, 09:00
I edited out the link.

To me it does not look like a serious offer...if you really want it back, try to convince me that that's actually working and not some cheap trick or cheap advertising stuff.

Good luck.

*edit*
That goes for your signature too. Please remove the link there.

Thanks.

-Sylass, Portent mod.

The boyz
13-04-2005, 20:54
Sounds like a con to me