PDA

View Full Version : Eldar Spirit Host?

DutroX
28-09-2007, 04:33
The US Games Workshop site lists the Spirit host as including 5 Wraithguard, while the UK site states that it is 10. Which is the correct number?

ChaosMaster
28-09-2007, 04:40
The deal is different in the two countries. They are both correct, depending on where you live. The US has 5 Wraithguard and 2 Wraithlords, the UK has 10 Wraithguard and 1 Wraithlord. Both include 3 Warlocks. See post # 53 and the discussion involved there at http://warseer.com/forums/40k-news-rumour-discussion/104779-change-in-imperial-guard-box-for-apocalypse-3.html

chromedog
28-09-2007, 07:14
Here in oz, we get the US deal. I know of a couple of players here who are getting the UK one, though, as it is a better deal for them (Wraithguard are $25 AUD each.) For the price, the warlocks are free.

I may get one and put what I don't want back on ebay. I already have 6 Wraithlords, and 13 warlocks (and 5 seers), so I don't need any more, but they should make back their costs.

Psycho_Laughs
28-09-2007, 07:50
when i was still working for the company, one of my buddies did a bitz order tha consisted of 21 wraith guard for his spirit host army.
also about 150 praetorian guardsmen for his zulu guard army...
ah the days of bitz by the weight... 6 cents the gram.
new employees get shafted :wtf:

Killgore
28-09-2007, 11:56
i much perfer the UK deal, im thinking about picking it up to go with the 3 wraithlords and 17 wraithguard i already own

yankeeboy
28-09-2007, 13:05
It's particularly weird that they changed the US deal since it no longer matches the actual Apocalypse Formation of the same name in the book.

Captain Micha
28-09-2007, 13:12
indeed. I saw the original deal and thought "wow what a great way for me to do Inyaden" and now I'm like.."It's just a good deal..." which makes me a great deal less inclined to buy it *cause if you're going to go dar... go instant death dar... in my humble opinion*

ChaosMaster
28-09-2007, 14:54
Originally, the deal in the US was listed with the same contents as in the UK and I was definitely going to buy one, then they changed it! When they changed the deal in the US to its current state, I decided not to buy it after all. I need more Wraithguard, not more Wraithlords, and Wraithguard are $15 each US, so a quantity deal on more of those would have been great. I think the manager in the US who decided to change the deal at the last minute here, judging by the responses here in this thread, really made a bad judgment call on this one and it sounds like sales of this particular set in the US will suffer because of it.