PDA

View Full Version : Outlaws of Stirwood - What models?

knosstik
28-09-2007, 06:31
I decided to make an Outlaw army but what models should I use for the heros (I'm using the empire millita for henchmen because they got big range of weapons and bows). I will be using 1 leader 1 cleric 1 petty thief and 2 champions

BigRob
28-09-2007, 07:56
You've got the plastic Empire archers from the militia sprue, the plastic Brettonia Archers from the peasent sprue and Brettonian Squires (Esepcially the crouched one, he's cool),

Old SKool metalwise, Empire and Brettonian Archers and finally Bertrand le Brigand and his Merry men, if they are still on Mail Order (they were Robin Hood, little john and friar tuck look alikes from 2 editions ago). I dont know how many of them are available, but some of them looked good.

Good Luck

wat_dabney
28-09-2007, 14:01
You can see my Outlaws here:

http://www.howlinggriffon.co.uk/outlaws.htm

I later supplemented the Marksmen with some extras from the plastic Brettonian archers set (as BigRob suggested) - they fit in really well so I guess you could use those as a basis for the whole warband really. Jon Davis (who designed the warband) also uses some of the old Wood Elf waywatcher models - mainly those who were wearing hoods. I'm not sure if the old Betrand le Brigand, Hugo le Petit and Gui le Gros models are still available from GW - they're not on the online store but it might be worth ringing them to check.

They were a fun warband to use - don't rely on their shooting to save the day for you though. I found it was often their swords that did more damage than their bows.

commandergabriel
28-09-2007, 15:21
Ah! 2 minis that I were just about to suggest were already used. Robin and Big Johann... Nicely picked. There is always this fellow: http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=Individual&code=9947020304205&orignav=9

For some comic relief.

Fastforward rlz
05-10-2007, 04:02
What every you decide to so don't use wood elves. My little brother's friend uses woodelf models and I just have to shake my head every time I see them...