PDA

View Full Version : The order of Command in a unit...what's the rule?

Bortus
02-09-2005, 01:45
When fielding a Command for a unit the rules state that the Musician must be placed next to the Standard Bearer to be in correct order. No where can I find that the Champion must be next to the Standard as well. Now obviously the Champion would be set next to the Standard Bearer by default but the point of this question is if I were to ad a Character to the unit can the Character stand next to the Standard Bearer and move the Champion next to the Character, for example....
Musician, Standard Bearer, Character,Champion...in that order.
Is this legal. Thanks again all!

Festus
02-09-2005, 11:21
Hi

Read p.108 of the BRB.

Standard, musician AND champion have to be in the first rank.
The only other rule is that the Standard has to be in the middle, everybody else can be anywhere in the first rank (including charaters).

Festus

Major Defense
03-09-2005, 00:10
the Standard has to be in the middle

Quote, please?

taer
03-09-2005, 01:58
Page 108, and no one actually gives a damn about that rule. Afterall, I think it is more aesthetically pleasing to have the standard and musician flanking the champion.

Festus
03-09-2005, 09:28
Hi

Quote, please?
You are able to read?

Read p.108 of the BRB.

If this still doesn't suffice:

2nd column, 2nd paragraph, first sentence.

Greetings
Festus

Major Defense
03-09-2005, 13:13
Wow thanks, ass. I can see that you're so upset about looking like a tool in the charging thread(s) that you feel the need to start **** with me here over a simple, polite question that was already answered by someone without a fragile ego.

Bew hew, little girl.

Lord Lucifer
03-09-2005, 17:32
Major Defense, that was uncalled for.
This is an Official Warning (with bold text and everything) to be more respectful to fellow members.

If you continue to make such comments you'll be given a strike and 24-hour ban. Repeated offence will be met with a second strike, and 1 week ban, and finally a third strike and permanent ban.
Easily avoided by being nice to people.

Cheers
-Lucifer :)
Forum Moderator

Major Defense
03-09-2005, 22:42
Now that I have read your warning, L, I will respectfully adhere to your rule about being respectful to other members. That said, I assume that you think sarcastic questions and spamming threads repeatedly with weak arguments is a-okay? Just as long as we're straight on that because you seem to let that go on enough. I'll just have to act like a monkey along with all the other monkeys and not let myself be disghusted with the way people talk around here when they're not swearing.

P.S. - Thanks for it being just a warning. I edited a few recent posts.

Lord Lucifer
04-09-2005, 01:55
Firstly, it's not my rule, it is in fact the rule of the Administrators who own this site.
Secondly, you have not adhered to it, contrary to what you profess, as any such claims of adherence were invalidated by the raminder of your post.

Thirdly, if you believe someone is misbehaving, being disrespectful, or otherwise abusing the use of the forum, the Report Bad Post function is to be used.
It is done so by clicking that little exclamation mark at the bottom left of the offending post.
This is so the moderators can deal with the offending post.

Following the user into other threads and posting snide remarks is not going to make them play nice, and will only result in flaming which will lead only to disciplinary action, irrespective of whether you believe you are acting on good intentions.

In short, if someone does something wrong, don't take matters into your own hands, simply report the post and move on.
After all, it's just a forum and an anonymous username from whereverthehellitis

Major Defense
04-09-2005, 02:38
Following the user into other threads and posting snide remarks is not going to make them play nice, and will only result in flaming which will lead only to disciplinary action, irrespective of whether you believe you are acting on good intentions.

Then you should already have realized that that very injustice was visited upon me here in this very thread but I'm not inclined to spend my time online reporting such things as if they actually mattered to me or somehow hurt my feelings. I'm here to talk about a game that I happen to love and enjoy.

Please understand that I am *not* defending my uncouth behavior. It was wrong of me to point a finger and call a name. My further metaphors are not personal attacks on anyone and should be considered no more cruel than any of the sarcasm posted by the person who reported this thread. That same person incorrectly painted me as a Christian redneck before reporting me to you. I hope that he is as well behaved as I intend to be from now on.