View Full Version : 2k empire magic, combat, shooting

Necronoxz
28-09-2007, 14:36
HI all,

I want to make a ballanced empire army
I want to have good shooting, magic and combat
for now I have this list
I hope to get some hint's and tip's
I only did not give my char's there magic items jet I just counted the maximum point's for this I add this later ;)

tnx all :)

2000 Punten empire

Lord choise:

Wizard Lord (175)
Magic lvl 4 (+35)
Rides: barded warhorse (+21)
Magic Items (100)
Totaal: 331

Hero choise:

Warrior priest (90)
Rides: barded Warhorse (+14)
Armour: heavy armour shield (+6)
Weapons: Twho handed hammer (+4)
Magic items: (50)
Totaal: 164

Warrior priest (90)
Rides: barded Warhorse (+14)
Armour: heavy armour shield (+6)
Weapons: Twho handed hammer (+4)

Battle wizard (65)
Magic lvl 2 (+35)
Rides: barded warhorse (+14)

Core choise:

10 Handgunners (8 each)
Totaal: 80

10 Handgunners (8 each)

10 Handgunners (8 each)

Special Choise:

8 Knightly orders of the inner circle (26 each)
Full commanded (40)
Totaal: 274

8 Knightly orders of the inner circle (26 each)
Full commanded (40)
Totaal: 274

5 outriders (21 each)
Totaal: 105

5 outriders (21 each)
Totaal: 105

Rare Choise:

1 Hellblaster volley gun
Totaal: 110

1 Hellblaster volley gun
Totaal: 110

Totaal cost: 1989

Totaal models: 68
power dice: 8
Dispel dice: 7?

MattKienbaum
01-10-2007, 21:47
Ok. really heavy on the shooting. and really week on the Combat. Yes you have 2 heavy hitting units of knights but without support thell ger crushed by armys like chaos.
I would drop one HBVG for a DOW Giant This wil give you a lot more combat by itself.
Alos drop one unit of Outriders for a unit of great swords. Give them a det of 5 hangunners
This sofens up you gun line some but not enough.
The use of 2 mage heros hurts you fighting units but the warrior priest can help with that. Grab a unit of Flagelents as a core and drop one 2 units of Gunners and make another detachmet of 5 gunners.
Drop one unit of knights to non IC and grab a cannon. This will still give you 20 gunners and 5 outriders and a cannon and A HBVG in the shooting fase and that is a lot.
1 unit of flagelents 1 unit of great swords 2 unit of knights and a giant in the combat fase A very solid hitting force. Still a bit short on numbers.
and a total of 6 levels of magic and 2 prayers.
Over all more ballanced than the Gunline with magic.
Not sure about the cost but you can easly luse 2 knights frome each unit without hurting the performance.
Hope you like the sugestions.

deadkez
02-10-2007, 00:37
I'm sorry, but without knowing it, you've just built the Empire list most likely to fail miserably against my Empire list.

This is not a balanced list. This is a gunline. You are trying to shoot anything that comes near you and if anything survives, charge at it with knights. True?

This list will excel against some lists. This list will be crushed by some lists. There will be no close games, no draws and little in the way of fun.

My advice: drop a unit of knights, take a unit of infantry with a combat detachment instead. Swap two of the handgunner units with another infantry unit, reduce the other knight unit to 6 knights and give this infantry unit a combat detachment.

Swap one of the outrider units to a unit of pistollers.

Now you are playing a better game that has a decent survivability rate against any army. Your plan is not to sit there rolling dice but to actively shoot down enemy support units whilst baiting the enemy blocks into your infantry units. You will have your knights on hand to remove any stubborn blocks refusing to be broken by the detachment rule.