PDA

View Full Version : Did gw

Captain Micha
28-09-2007, 15:48
Just ditch free shipping? every order I've made in the past has always when it hit 100 dollars the shipping became free unless I wished to pay for faster delivery.... I just got an order up to 195 and still there was a shipping charge.. *that was mysteriously the same as the 100 dollar purchase* :wtf:

Egaeus
28-09-2007, 15:52
Just ditch free shipping? every order I've made in the past has always when it hit 100 dollars the shipping became free unless I wished to pay for faster delivery.... I just got an order up to 195 and still there was a shipping charge.. *that was mysteriously the same as the 100 dollar purchase* :wtf:

Was it a normal shipping charge? If you include Advance Order items there's a $3/item shipping charge that doesn't matter how much you spend.

Captain Micha
28-09-2007, 16:06
oh.. ok.. I see now.. I've never advanced ordered anything before. I think I might just wait till the items are released then. *Yes I am cheap...*

Egaeus
28-09-2007, 16:25
oh.. ok.. I see now.. I've never advanced ordered anything before. I think I might just wait till the items are released then. *Yes I am cheap...*

This messed me up recently when I Advanced Ordered something as well...since the AO price also isn't considered part of the order for shipping. I spent just under $200 then got charged for the higest shipping because my "regular" items weren't quite half of that.

Live and learn, I say. And I don't normally order from GW either (I'm cheap as well ;)), but when you want a limited edition item, you're basically forced to.

Count de Monet
28-09-2007, 16:27
If you're making a large order that includes advanced orders, might be worthwhile to call it in instead of doing it online. When I ordered my Chaos Army boxes for advanced order they waived the shipping fees for me since the order was large. :)

ChaosMaster
28-09-2007, 16:28
The Advanced Order flat fee shipping charge is a bargain at $3 and much cheaper than the normal shipping fees for items after they are released (except when shipping becomes free of course). Try driving to the store with the current cost of operating a motor vehicle for less than $3! And as the merchandise is delivered right to your door it's as convenient as it gets.

Captain Micha
28-09-2007, 16:32
Yes it is. but if I am abit patient I can get it shipped for free. and 3 dollar savings everytime I order something could add up to 'free' minis.. like the cart I just made giving me a free set of flayed ones did...

if I was making a whole cart of pure advance orders I wouldn't mind so much. but it's sort of a mixed bag, to replace broken mini parts, get new minis, fill out old unit choices etc etc mostly

grickherder
28-09-2007, 19:30
I'm still a bit shocked that people use direct order for non-Bitz. I'd rather pay the long distance and get 20% off at thewarstore.com. Bitz makes sense as it's the only place you can get metal ones, but if you don't have a local store to support, ordering regular stock direct is just paying more to one mail order service than you'd pay to another.

ChaosMaster
28-09-2007, 21:41
There is definitely no need to complain that GW didn't make enough Gamer's Edition Backpacks. You can still buy a Gamer's Edition Backpack deal NOW! I just checked with one of the US Battle Bunkers myself and they still have Gamer's Edition Backpack deals for sale at this moment. All you have to do is call, pay over the phone with a credit card, and GW will mail it directly to your home no matter what state you are calling from. Shipments go out October 3. If you need the phone numbers of the US Battle Bunkers, the phone numbers can be found at:
http://us.games-workshop.com/shopping/battlebunkers.htm

If anyone who still wants this and who hasn't ordered it yet misses out on it, they definitely will have no one to blame but themselves. This couldn't be any simpler, it is still available and you can buy one now if you still want one. Do it or stop complaining! ;)

By the way, they do not add a shipping charge to Gamer's Edition Backpack purchases. It's just $95 plus whatever tax is involved.