PDA

View Full Version : High Elves and a magnification divise

Elhier
28-09-2007, 14:53
sorry if i this has alraedy been said or this thread is in the wrong place. any who, on the US games workshop web site there are pictures of the pages from the new army book, the pictures are pritty small so i tried to zoom in on them but it gets all blired, so was wondering if any body has gone to the time and effort of printing the pics of and using a magnifiing glass on them to stop the bliring.

if you do find out what they say could some one plaese post the magic items page here please.:confused:

And no arguing over ASF or they'll be great pain :eek::eyebrows:

McMullet
28-09-2007, 14:55
The pictures are low resolution. If you zoom in or look through a magnifying glass, I'm afraid all you'll get is bigger pixels, not readable words. ;)

Jedi152
28-09-2007, 14:59
You might as well wait 'til the army book comes out. You won't get to see a legal copy without buying it.

Elhier
28-09-2007, 15:03
ty for the help i thought it might have been worth a trie THANKS AGAIN!!

Bregalad
28-09-2007, 19:57
Yes, but asking us to give you an illegal copy of (parts of) the armybook is not well received here on warseer.

Ork
28-09-2007, 20:01
Bregalad, he wasn't asking that. He wanted to know if anyone could read what was posted by GW. Pretty sure that is NOT illegal...

theunwantedbeing
28-09-2007, 20:21
You could try searching for something similar out of an armybook you currently have.
Then compare the various letters at the same sort of poor resolution to give you a better idea of what the page says.

Thats about the only legal way I can think of to manage it.
We arent allowed to post for illegal info, and even hinting at asking for anything that could concievably be illegal gets you a strike(and a ban for a short period of time).

The book is released in a little over a month so its not really that long to wait.

Anyway, interpretted pages wont prove what the speed of asuryan rule does as the pages dont say.
I dont think GW would give away such a game altering rule in a preview.

Ludaman
29-09-2007, 05:18
The magic item page is quite easy to make out, if you have questions PM me

Harry
29-09-2007, 05:39
I dont think GW would give away such a game altering rule in a preview.
GW had the new 'shiney' High Elf book available for anyone to flick through at Gamesday UK last week.

They also had the page with the 'strikes first' rule blown up really big for everyone.

aenarion67
29-09-2007, 05:51
what does the page about ASF say and whats its fluff???

Harry
29-09-2007, 08:11
High Elves strike first.

Because they RoXXoR! :D

(I have paraphrased)

Hellebore
29-09-2007, 09:08
High Elves strike first.

(I have paraphrased)

Ah, that explains a lot. It's all clear now.:p

Hellebore

Aflo
29-09-2007, 09:28
I think they've dressed it up as some special rule called 'speed of Asyuryan', or something along those lines...

Elhier
29-09-2007, 10:08
sorry i wasnt going nfor illegal i was just curious to know what it said, sorry about that.

lazarus
29-09-2007, 10:28
On a similar note on the preview there is a picture of an Elf army and in the background what looks like a new hero on an eagle - anyone spot it or know about it?

aenarion67
29-09-2007, 10:37
yeah i saw that model. looks a bit like alith anar on eagle.. just a guess

Harry
29-09-2007, 12:12
There was a painted one on display at Gamesday. It was High Elf armoured up.
I think both Princes and Nobels can ride a Great Eagle.

happy_doctor
29-09-2007, 13:47
I think both Princes and Nobels can ride a Great Eagle.

Which one, Harry?? physics or chemistry? :D

Sorry mate, I had to do it...I just pictured Albert Einstein on a great eagle, then came Marie Curie...

MutantMaggot
29-09-2007, 14:44
High Elves strike first.

(I have paraphrased)

Harry, what a very accurate memory you must have! :D

happy_doctor, I'm definate you can't get a nobel prize for magic ... I'd say chemistry.

Lazarus, I don't know, but it sounds good.

Elhier
29-09-2007, 15:55
what ever lol

aenarion67
30-09-2007, 05:08
what are the new weapons????

BlazeXI
30-09-2007, 06:32
Which one, Harry?? physics or chemistry? :D

Sorry mate, I had to do it...I just pictured Albert Einstein on a great eagle, then came Marie Curie...

Maria Skłodowska-Curie got two, so she might be riding a flying chariot. Look at the endless possibilities:D.

Sorry Mate (still a bit tired after the wedding)

Harry
30-09-2007, 10:45
Ha ha ha. Go on make fun of my spelling.
Just remember I have not sent you those minis yet. :D

Congrats BTW hope you had a great day. (its all down hill from here mate!)
OUCH! Hello Helga, I was just telling the guys it was the best days work I ever did marrying you my sweet.

Anyway here is that 'Nobel' or it may be a Ponce on an eagle. :D

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/HarryHowells/page16-1012-full.jpg

I found this on a thread on this forum from a user called felix. It was amongst his pics from GD

MutantMaggot
30-09-2007, 11:58
Awesome model. Very "ponce"y, as you put it. I reckon the nobel prize was biology, as he's staring at the eagle's head and holding his sword as if he's in half a mind to disect it. ;)

Anyone got any good jokes about giant eggles? Ah, yes ... the eagle was on the gin, and forgot how to spell. (Insert picture of ponce riding a small eagle here.)

Sorry,
MutantMaggot ;)

EDIT: And Blaze, Congratulations.

MutantMaggot
30-09-2007, 12:03
... and then the ear-gle didn't hear the correct spelling because the gin-t eagle was drinking. And he thought it was like a graveyard. Why? He was amongst spirits. And that 'eat eagle was hungry, so he said: "My hunger is 'eat," and we all wondered why he hated hunger.

Sorry to all the mods,
MutantMaggot

PS> Is it a conversion, or a model to be released?

aenarion67
30-09-2007, 23:17
is that a new eagle???

Unwise
30-09-2007, 23:53
I actually had better luck keeping that image the same size or shrinking it rather then enlarging it. If you keep it small, then have a good Optical Character Recognition software package you can get some small degree of sense out of it. Due to the type of font they used though it does not come out very well translated. I think I deleted the file after I read it, but if I get the time I will give it another go.

aenarion67
01-10-2007, 00:46
please zomm in for us a tell us

Jedi152
01-10-2007, 07:29
I'd say that's the new plastic commander converted to ride the direct only eagle.

The Questioner
01-10-2007, 09:40
Hi I'm new to this forum, I play High ELves and I'm desperately looking for some evidence that new interesting models will eventually come out (the only new release the I will probably buy, until now, is the chariot). In this case unfortunately the model is certainly a conversion, but the arms look clumsy. I thought the new plastic kits were more versatile.

aenarion67
01-10-2007, 23:43
is the eagle plastic?

Elhier
02-10-2007, 16:09
hi questioner your looking under the wrong thread for the minis sorry