PDA

View Full Version : Where To Start For 750P force For Chaos

The_Daemon_Of_Australia
28-09-2007, 17:35
Hi i was wondering if anyone hadf any ideas for an all rounder 750 point chaos army for conflict 08 if you would like to type an army list please do so

DinoDoc
28-09-2007, 17:44
I think an HQ and two troops would be a good place to start.

Ozendorph
28-09-2007, 18:05
This should probably get moved to Army Lists

What do you think of this:

Slannesh Daemon Prince with lash and wings

6 CSM with meltagun, Asp Champ with P-Fist

6 CSM with meltagun, Asp Champ with combi-plasma

6 Raptors with plasma gun, Asp Champ with Lightning Claws

2 Oblits

p.s. I don't play tournaments, and I don't play chaos. If the above list is decent, call it luck. ;)

willydstyle
28-09-2007, 18:33
That list looks pretty good, but I'd switch the plasma gun to the CSM squad with the combi-plasma, and the meltagun to the raptors.

Ozendorph
28-09-2007, 18:41
That list looks pretty good, but I'd switch the plasma gun to the CSM squad with the combi-plasma, and the meltagun to the raptors.

Thanks, your change certainly makes sense. I had to do some last second fiddling with the numbers because I forgot I had to pay for the Asp Champ in the Raptors squad. I play DA and our champs are built in to the unit cost...I just picked up the C:CSM book last night, so I've still got a lot of details to look over.

Tulun
28-09-2007, 19:11
I probably wouldn't recommend a Lash prince as a first for a chaos army either.. but yes, get 2 troops and an HQ.

You could easily get 2 marked troops in there as well (Khorne, Tzneetch, etc) if you liked any of them.

Ozendorph
28-09-2007, 19:21
I probably wouldn't recommend a Lash prince as a first for a chaos army either..

Why is that? It seems like it'd be great synergy with the Plasma-Cannon wielding Obliterators, or you could set up charges with the Raptors or DP.

Green Shoes
28-09-2007, 20:01
Just spam one kind of unit. In games that small, it is kind of hard to make an all-comers list, so your best bet would be to focus on what you believe the most populous type of emeny you will face.

Try:
Daemon Prince w/ Wings
5 Marines w/ Meltagun
5 Marines w/ Meltagun
2 Oblits
2 Oblits
2 Oblits
750 Even.

qwertywraith
28-09-2007, 20:11
Just spam one kind of unit. In games that small, it is kind of hard to make an all-comers list, so your best bet would be to focus on what you believe the most populous type of emeny you will face.

Try:
Daemon Prince w/ Wings
5 Marines w/ Meltagun
5 Marines w/ Meltagun
2 Oblits
2 Oblits
2 Oblits
750 Even.

That list looks mean. Seriously.

Tulun
28-09-2007, 20:51
Why is that? It seems like it'd be great synergy with the Plasma-Cannon wielding Obliterators, or you could set up charges with the Raptors or DP.

I'm not saying it isn't good, but for a first chaos army, you might want to avoid the biggest :cheese: out there, especially for a 750 point force.

But that would be entirely up to him.

Ozendorph
28-09-2007, 20:55
I'm not saying it isn't good, but for a first chaos army, you might want to avoid the biggest :cheese: out there, especially for a 750 point force.

But that would be entirely up to him.

Ah. It seemed to me he was looking for an effective tournament force. I don't play tournies, but if I did I would play to win. :)

Tulun
28-09-2007, 22:05
Ah. It seemed to me he was looking for an effective tournament force. I don't play tournies, but if I did I would play to win. :)

You are right, he did say it was for conflict.. fair enough.