PDA

View Full Version : Configurations for a Chaos Lord on a Dragon

Mordante
28-09-2007, 21:00
I'd like to throw a Chaos lord on a dragon into a 2500 pt list, just to change things up a bit and was wondering what a good configuration would be. At first glance I was thinking the following:

Berserker sword, Gaze of the Gods, Enchanted Shield.
So he'll get 2 or 3 extra attacks in HTH, a 4+ ward save against the pesky cannons and boltthrowers, and a 2+ regular save.

What are some other good combos?

Angel of the Black Parade
28-09-2007, 21:50
imo uve got the best one there.

grickherder
28-09-2007, 23:13
That's a pretty good setup. I'm a Tzeentch fan, so I'd also add the ol' level 4 wizard to the mix :D But that's a very, very pricey dragon rider.

I think you have the best setup.

theunwantedbeing
28-09-2007, 23:25
Black maul.
Chaos lord
Dragon

So long as you dont get baited on turn 1, frenzy isnt a problem.
6st7 attacks
7st6 attacks

Mordante
29-09-2007, 01:01
But doesn't frenzy on a large flying creature make him pretty easy to bait on every turn?

theunwantedbeing
29-09-2007, 01:15
When frenzied you dont have to charge the nearest enemy.

A frenzied dragon has a 20" charge range and can see over troops that are in the way.

Pretty hard to make that guy chase your bait unit as you need to move everything bar the bait unit out of charge range of that dragon.
Which is difficult when he can move 20" a turn in any direction and isnt slowed by terrain thats in the way, and can land facing any direction he wants to.

Frenzied units on foot are easy to bait.
Large flying targets arent (assuming they dont deploy facing your army and fail to go first).

Finnigan2004
29-09-2007, 13:41
Unwanted being is very right. I use a bloodthirster quite often, and it is very hard to bait him. He generally spends the first turn flying into a position that will present a choice of multiple charges. This makes it really impossible to bait him, if I've positioned him correctly, because he can generally charge about half your units. This allows me to look for the most advantageous charge, which is generally not the unit you want to bait with. Then the terror tests ensue where ever he lands, whether you fled or not...

Boneknight
30-09-2007, 03:13
The first configuaration is great. Mark him with Khorne because then he will have 9 s5 attacks a turn plus Dragon!

grickherder
30-09-2007, 09:41
Some of these combinations are just beautiful. Makes me want to field one or a greater daemon instead.

Belerophon709
30-09-2007, 13:53
I also use the Black Maul, Gaze of the Gods and enchanted shield frequently for my dragon rider. However, when playing full Slaanesh, I sometimes opt for Blade of Blood, Pendant of Slaanesh, Gaze of the Gods and Enchanted Shield.
Every time you take a wound, he gains another attack, every time you wound something else, take a toughness test (@ T5, so you only fail on 6s). If you fail, you lose a wound, but if you pass, you gain another wound (up to double starting wounds).
This makes for a nice Lord who runs around gaining attacks and wounds the more fights he sees.

Belerophon

classy
02-10-2007, 02:13
the first one is the best if you're going for price (lol). don't make him khorne unless you're sure that you can control him.

my fav is a tzeentch one with the eye and staff. really pricey, but he works wonders.