PDA

View Full Version : theme idea....

huitzilopochtli
28-09-2007, 23:38
i'm thinking of starting an ogre kingdoms army but i want to make it a themed army. something to make it stand out, unique, etc.

i was thinking about an ogre kingdoms army based on slaughtering wood elves (although this is because i have a lot of WE bits handy to convert with and not because i know how i would go about this or because i think it would fit in with their fluff).

so does anyone have any other ideas?

thanks to all replies.

Frep
29-09-2007, 00:03
Personally I see a tyrant picking his teeth with a longbow, with a large pile of elven clothes on the ground beside him.

Lyquis
29-09-2007, 00:17
Axes, torches, and machetes for the ogre weapons. Go for a classic slash and burn look, with burned grass, and tree stumps on the bases.

Goldenwolf
29-09-2007, 00:34
Go for an Ogre that loves to make things grow, and paint flowers on all of his things. His legion is attempting to destroy the "Animals" that dare defile his lovely plant brothers :)

Hvidponi
29-09-2007, 01:16
Samurai Ogres? Maneaters for the win...

Ogres enslaved by gnomes! Idear from the game Arcanum... Could be twised to another enslaving race, but like the idear that they are slaves... adding models with whips behind them, a gnome riding on the back of a tyrant and so forth...

The Plant Ogre idear could be taken futher, modding them togther with various barkskin bits, giving them treekin arms or stuff like that...

Demon/Chaos Ogres... Paint them RED and mod them to be EVIL, like real EVIL... With horns and stuff... Hooves maybe?..

Ettins! 2 heads on all the ogres!

Halfling Ogres... They arne't really that diffrent... put hair on thier feets and make gnoblars like normal halflings... Maybe throw in a hot pot...

Zombie Ogres... With Necro-Butchers... EVIL... Braaaaaiiiiiinnnssss....

Sherk Ogers... erh... OK, Ill stop now...

Bloodkine
29-09-2007, 02:05
you could make like swamp ogres or sumtin

Mordante
29-09-2007, 02:19
I like the "logger/woodsman" ogre idea. Axes, machettes, maybe give one a giant pair of hedge-clippers. Your slave giant could be a treeman that has been pruned back.

Tehkonrad
29-09-2007, 04:30
thats pretty good

make the tyrant actually a CD mind slave
treemen are too short i'd say make the giants CLUB a treeman

Bregalad
29-09-2007, 10:05
I think humiliating one opponent is not a good and tasteful theme. As a Wood Elf player I would be annoyed.

BattleofLund
29-09-2007, 10:22
Flower-power Ogres sounds good to me; definitely not a common sight. It would be like a gardener, who loves all growing things and the cute animals... but HATES snails (wood elves) and exterminate them with a passion wherever he finds them. Even goes out of his way to find nests and clear them out!
Maybe some of the Ogres take to the 'kill vermin' part, but don't get the general 'love nature' idea. These are the ones cutting down trees and burning down foliage to get to the 'snails'.

Aflo
29-09-2007, 10:26
Fimirs! 'nuf said ;)

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
29-09-2007, 12:23
Actually, the "hack 'n' burn" theme doesn't have to be centered 'round just wood elves, it could be just plain tree/plant/life hating utilising a deep wish/hatred/hunger to kill everything that says "life"

huitzilopochtli
29-09-2007, 17:23
Go for an Ogre that loves to make things grow, and paint flowers on all of his things. His legion is attempting to destroy the "Animals" that dare defile his lovely plant brothers :)

hahaha! i love it! ok i wouldn't do a whole army like this but i'm gonna do one unit like this.... maybe green stuff some hair onto one of them so i have a bill bailey ogre.. hmm... lol!

Personally I see a tyrant picking his teeth with a longbow, with a large pile of elven clothes on the ground beside him.

Brilliant! just have to work out how to do this...

thats pretty good

make the tyrant actually a CD mind slave
treemen are too short i'd say make the giants CLUB a treeman

omg... these ideas just keep getting better. should the opportunity for me to buy both of these models arise, this is definitely something i'm going to do!

I think humiliating one opponent is not a good and tasteful theme. As a Wood Elf player I would be annoyed.

please understand that i'm not trying to humiliate anyone. its just that 1) my friend and brother both have wood elf armies so when i play with them it'll look amazing and 2) i have a lot of wood elf bits they don't want to use so they're easy to obtain.

thanks to everyone with they're ideas! :D