PDA

View Full Version : 2k Beasts of Chaos list- need advise-update

antin3
29-09-2007, 12:30
Ok before I start let me say that I have never played Chaos in any form and I only came up with this list after seeing the awesome converted beastmen models in the new issue of The Watchmen so any help will be appreciated but I am really basing the army around the units of converted beastmen.

Beastlord-
Bonecrusher mace
Shield
AoD
Mark of Khorne= 223

Wargor (bsb)
Hvy armor
Vitrolic totem
Mark of Khorne=249 (w/ bestigor Khorne unit)

Wargor
hvy armor
shield
Rending sword = 106 (w/ 2nd bestigor unit)

Bestigor (20)
Mark of khorne
Command=303

Bestigor (20)
Command
War banner=295

Wargor
hvy armor
extra hand wpn
shield
fur of Sharrgu = 85 (w/a beastherd unit)

beastherd (16)
Gors (10)
Ungors (6)
Foe-render
Musician
Standard -122 (x2)= 244

Warhounds (6) (x4) = 144

Minotaurs (5)
extra hand wpn
lt. armor = 235

Chaos Giant - 205

Total Points - 1995
I want to stay fluffy with this army so if I am not let me know. I made some adjustments according to advise, so how does it look now?
thanks for any help in advance.

happy_doctor
29-09-2007, 15:06
Some pointers, rules-wise:

-Only 1 unit of bestigors can be given a mark.

-Bestigors come with a GW and Heavy Armour as standard...there is no option for shields.

-Great brayshaman and Beastlord are both lord choices...you can't have more than 1 lord choice for 2000 pts..

So, are you new to fantasy?Because it seems to me that your army composition is similar to the force organisation chart of 40k..if so, I suggest obtaining a fantasy rulebook and the beasts of chaos army book to have a look...

On the topic, the type of army you're going for is viable, and would look great on the battlefield! To keep it effective, it'll need a lot of tweaking though... (but your list is a draft, right?)

bigbear bailey
29-09-2007, 16:44
I could mess this list up all day but I will just say hey tell me what you like and I can help you fix it...

Khorghan
29-09-2007, 17:00
yep, you have 2 marked bestigor units, and 2 lords, youll have to cut both inhalf. Also your not able to choose your spells, you have to roll for them before the game. Yes beastmen can have shields, although you didnt show how many gor/ungors you have in your unit you just said 15, you have to have at least 5 of each.

Bestigors have Great Weapons and not HW and shields
and maybe give your beastlord/great bray shaman (whichever you choose) more protection, chaos armour perhaps? Id change your 2 lords to the beastlord with 2 L2 regular bray-shamans. and maybe put another beastherd in there or maybe minotaurs.

logan054
29-09-2007, 17:29
Beastlord-
Hvy armor
Shield
Chaos runesword
Mark of Khorne- 214
- not the greatest item sadly, way over priced, i think you have a few options here, great fang at strength 5 is really good, a cheap option is great weapon and armour of damantion, you could slap in gaze of the gods but this seems ott. I guess for fluffyness you could go with collar of Khorne, axe of khorne and AoD and enchanted shield.

I would get a hero to lead you bestigor, sword of might plus a wardsave should be enough for him.

Bestigor (20)
Mark of khorne
Command
hand wpns & shields
Flesh banner-365

Bestigor (20)
Mark of khorne
Command
hand wpns & shields
War banner-340
- sas said only one unit can be marked, i think one is generally enough, the best option here a unit of 17 with warbanner

beastherd (15) -125

Beastherd (15) - 125
- cant help as i dont know whats in the unit, i think a unit if 8-10 gor + 8 ungor with fullcommand is good, i get a extra two heros to lead these, i would make one a BSB and give him the banner that gives you poison attacks.

Great bray shaman-
power familiar
bray staff
*unseen lurker
*pit of shades - 233
- drop this guy as it illegal for for starts, this could help pay for the hero and then some.

flesh hounds (10) - 160

Flesh hounds (10) - 160
- I think units of 10 are far to big, i would just have a single unit of 6 and 8 furies then i would try and add some khorne minotaurs with great weapons.

Chaos Giant - 205
- like these :)

I think you army needs some chaos hounds

Belerophon709
29-09-2007, 17:37
@logan054: AoD + Enchanted Shield is an illegal combo. Both magic armours. Enchanted Shield can only be combined with mundane armour, same goes for AoD btw.

antin3
29-09-2007, 19:32
Ok sorry I used the armybuilder to build this. didn't know I had illegal stuff in there. I actually just made the list to see what kind of models I would need. like I said I would like to build an army around the bestigors.
Happy_doctor- yeah this lsit is definately a draft.
logan054- I meant chaos hounds not flesh hounds.
Should I include some kind of shaman in the list?

logan054
29-09-2007, 20:55
@logan054: AoD + Enchanted Shield is an illegal combo. Both magic armours. Enchanted Shield can only be combined with mundane armour, same goes for AoD btw.

ok, i forgot, i cant remember everything :P , ok, take a normal shield then!

Anti - ok well slit the chaos hounds into smaller units, say 4 units of 6, khorne list really dont need wizards, they should generate enough dispel dice not to worry about it to much.

antin3
30-09-2007, 02:11
Ok here is my updated list, I took some advise from the experts out there and made these changes. I am unsure if I want the Minotaurs or another unit of Bestigors.

Beastlord-
Bonecrusher mace
Shield
AoD
Mark of Khorne= 223

Wargor (bsb)
Hvy armor
Vitrolic totem
Mark of Khorne=249 (w/ bestigor Khorne unit)

Wargor
hvy armor
shield
Rending sword = 106 (w/ 2nd bestigor unit)

Bestigor (20)
Mark of khorne
Command=303

Bestigor (20)
Command
War banner=295

Wargor
hvy armor
extra hand wpn
shield
fur of Sharrgu = 85 (w/a beastherd unit)

beastherd (16)
Gors (10)
Ungors (6)
Foe-render
Musician
Standard -122 (x2)= 244

Warhounds (6) (x4) = 144

Minotaurs (5)
extra hand wpn
lt. armor = 235

Chaos Giant - 205

Total Points - 1995
I want to stay fluffy with this army so if I am not let me know. I made some adjustments according to advise, so how does it look now?
thanks for any help in advance

Boneknight
30-09-2007, 03:10
this list is illegal you can't have more Bestigor herds than you do beast herds, drop down to the minotaurs to 4, give them mark of khorne and great weapons, bloodkine, and a banner. Drop the unmarked bestigor wargor for a lvl 1 bray shaman w/2 dispel scrolls

antin3
30-09-2007, 03:30
Boneknight- Probably didn't notice but I have a (x2) beside the beastherd. So what do you chaos players think of minotaurs? Should I make some chaos orgres or would they not fit in with the beasts?

Belerophon709
30-09-2007, 14:18
Minotaurs *can* be great. They are vulnerable to missile fire though because of their lack of armour (LA is usually a waste against most things).
Best minotaurs in my opinion are Nurgle ones. 4+ AS minos? Yes please...

Mordante
01-10-2007, 20:39
I'd replace 1 or 2 of your Wargors with bray shaman for some magic/anti-magic capability. Give a brayshaman chaos armor and a dispel scroll, he can hold his own in the front rank of a bestigor unit.

Think about giving your minotaurs great weapons rather than the 2 hand weapons. They've worked better for me, at least.

Also, giving a vitriolic totem to a model in a unit of S6 GW is a waste of points. I've done the math, it would be better to just take a warbanner in the unit. Either put him in a beast herd, or use a different banner. The Beastbanner gives you +1 attack on the charge.