PDA

View Full Version : Cypher

Emperor's Avenger
29-09-2007, 15:24
I've never played against an army including Cypher, but I'm curious as to hwat he's like. Sadly, with the new codex he is no longer an option. Does anyone know what rules he has and/or why he has been taken away?

Tonberry
29-09-2007, 15:28
His current rules are in UK WD 281.

Colonel Raijan
29-09-2007, 15:28
He has been taken away because GW wants to emphasise the fact the post-heresy marines do turn to chaos. Thats why they made the Huron model and all those shiny new colour schemes. That and he just wasn't popular enough for people to feild him. He just had two pistols, a power weapon and some special rules so not much more than a chaos lord.

Devil-Dice
29-09-2007, 17:15
As Tonberry said his rules are in a WD, but there also in one of the old Chaos Codex'. the 2nd edition one i think i,e, not the last one but the one before that! So if you know some friends with really old outdated collection of codex's you'll be o.k. if not then forget I said anything!

Devil-Dice

Wintermute
29-09-2007, 17:54
As Tonberry said his rules are in a WD, but there also in one of the old Chaos Codex'. the 2nd edition one i think i,e, not the last one but the one before that! So if you know some friends with really old outdated collection of codex's you'll be o.k. if not then forget I said anything!

Unfortunately the rules for Cypher which were published in the 2nd Ed Chaos Codex are out of date and were replaced by the rules published in WD :eek:

boogle
29-09-2007, 17:56
i wonder if he meant the 1st 3rd Ed Codex?

Wintermute
29-09-2007, 18:00
i wonder if he meant the 1st 3rd Ed Codex?

Ok I can't remember if the rules first appeared in the 2nd Ed Chaos Codex or the first 3rd Ed Chaos Codex either. Neverthless the rules in WD replaced them :p

boogle
29-09-2007, 19:31
2nd ED 1st time around, and then updated in Chaos Codex 3.1, then WD

SonofUltramar
29-09-2007, 19:36
2nd ED 1st time around, and then updated in Chaos Codex 3.1, then WD

Thats the one

I do remember using him in a 10,000pt game about 5 years ago where he led a unit of Fallen Angels and after being charged by Baharoth and some Swooping Hawks went first being I8(!) much to the annoyance of the Eldar players, especially when said Phoenix Lord died:)