PDA

View Full Version : new army

this vampyric lust
29-09-2007, 21:36
hey, im starting eldar and wanted some advice on a first force thats cost effective.

i was thinking

1 farseer with a power thats suitable for the game

10 dire avengers with exarch with extra catapult and blade storm

5 rangers

tell your wisdom eldar players!

Necrotyr18
29-09-2007, 21:43
I myslef am not an eldar player but i hate facing them so i memorized a good bit of them. All i can say is take a lot of Fire Dragons.

RavenMorpheus
29-09-2007, 21:46
hey, im starting eldar and wanted some advice on a first force thats cost effective.

i was thinking

5 rangers

Fire Dragons, Wave serpents, drop the rangers, get a Wraithlord (soaks up a huge amount of firepower, I know, I've used and been against one - damn vehicles with wounds :wtf:) and a Wraithguard squad if you can - don't know if your thinking of a specific points value or /$ value so I can't be more accurate than that.

this vampyric lust
29-09-2007, 21:49
i was going for 500 to 750pts and then adding more aspects and vehicles as i went along

RavenMorpheus
29-09-2007, 21:55
i was going for 500 to 750pts and then adding more aspects and vehicles as i went along

Ah dunno if you can do what I've suggested with that initial points value but have a go anyway, you can't go wrong if you at least take a Wraithlord.

this vampyric lust
29-09-2007, 21:56
i just love rangers for some reason, maybe its my wood elf playing in fantasy but if i get more comments against them ill take them away

RavenMorpheus
29-09-2007, 22:06
i just love rangers for some reason, maybe its my wood elf playing in fantasy but if i get more comments against them ill take them away

Nothing wrong with Rangers, just imo a Wraithlord is better suited to a small army. I find that Rangers are a good add-on to a larger army but don't generally do so well in small armies because they get shot-at a lot because the opponent has nothing else to fire at generally.

My thoughts on it so don't take it as gospel, if you want Rangers take Rangers. Stick em in cover, iirc they get a 2+ cover save if its a ruined building. ;)

Orbital
29-09-2007, 22:17

i was thinking

5 rangers

I'd suggest you drop the Rangers as one of your *first* options (come back to them later, though!). Get a couple of Wave Serpents for your Dire Avengers and maybe a Wraithlord (because if it's not going in the Wave Serpents with the Avengers then it had better be tough, which Rangers aren't).

Paint 'em up all nice! :)

I <3 W
29-09-2007, 22:29
well 500 points is just not much.

Orbital
30-09-2007, 08:04
500 points is a good starting point, tho.