PDA

View Full Version : I played game today against the new chaos with the new orks

big squig
30-09-2007, 05:09
And man was it awesome! We played a gamma level loot mission.

I played a 3000 point game against my long time chaos buddy and another chaos buddy. They were both playing khorne. I was using my blood axes and a mixture of the current codex and the leaked one on the net. I tried to only use thing we had points values for, but some stuff we just tweaked. I had two detachments

So, my impressions:
- khorne zerks are insanely nasty! So is kharn.
- raptors are no where near as neat as they were before.
- stuff like demon princes and greater demons are cheap and still rough enough to rip through your army.
- 6pt ork boys with slugga and choppa is an incredible steal.
- I took 3 nob mobz (2 were troops) and the ones with cybork bodies seems to live forever.
-orks can get a lot of ordnance...though it's not the best.
-wierd boyz are fantastic.
-I need to buy a lot more boyz.

It was a great game that kept going back and forth. Two giant armies with furious charge on almost every model. It was a giant race to see who could charge who. I thought I had it as I used my cyborks to lure in almost all the zerks. The cyborks lasted around so I waaaaghed and counter charged with nearly every boy. But gah! I rolled horribly and almost every mob ran. Even bosspoles and head checks were not enough to save me from rolling 10s and 11s!

Some cool stuff that happened:
-kharn died to 8 rokkits from the tank bustas
-the very last zerk died to a deathroller
-A demon prince was in combat with a killer kan mob and stormboys. The prince only killed one kan, but it was a pen 6 and the explosion killed all but 2 of the storm boyz. Then, they ran.
- A squigbomb took out the defiler.
- A greater demon showed up and through the entire game only killed grotz.

Paragon Belial
30-09-2007, 06:20
Sounds like a great time!

I have a decent amount of boyz laying around the house that my younger brother used to use, and I was thinking of strippin 'em and starting up a force O' Greenies with the new dex.

Also, first post. Hello everyone.

The_Daemon_Of_Australia
30-09-2007, 07:24
Thats sounded like a great game any player would have had fun with im going to be a chaos collector myself when i get the codex on friday i know i would have enjoyed to play it DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPORER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:skull:

chaos0xomega
30-09-2007, 18:44
big squig, the rumours say you can only take one mob o' nobz as troops.

Wyatt
30-09-2007, 19:00
Rumours are nothing to go by really.

floyd pinkerton
30-09-2007, 19:05
6 point boyz? omgz!

redbaron998
30-09-2007, 19:51
So the big question is, Whitch is more Metal, Chaos or Orks.

Orks of couurse are just outright extreme brutality. Yet Chaos is equally cool for obvious reasons

big squig
01-10-2007, 00:16
big squig, the rumours say you can only take one mob o' nobz as troops.
Yeah, I know. But I was running two detachments.

big squig
01-10-2007, 00:17
So the big question is, Whitch is more Metal, Chaos or Orks.

Orks of couurse are just outright extreme brutality. Yet Chaos is equally cool for obvious reasons
After watching khrone zerks hit like a bag of bricks, I'd say they are more metal. And that's hard to admit since I play orks. :(

Imperialis_Dominatus
01-10-2007, 02:28
[QUOTE=redbaron998;1962253]So the big question is, Whitch is more Metal, Chaos or Orks./QUOTE]

Chaos Orks.

Joewrightgm
01-10-2007, 02:35
First off, I back up the thing on Khorne Berserkers; its not fun when my Dark Angel's Company Master hits on 4's . . .

Second, how in the name of the Gods did you get a hold of the new Ork Codex? Man, some guys get all the luck . . .

Gensuke626
01-10-2007, 03:04
[QUOTE=redbaron998;1962253]So the big question is, Whitch is more Metal, Chaos or Orks./QUOTE]

Chaos Orks.

an ork favored by Khorne? Well I can understand that for stormboyz...but still...That's a scary thought.

Though even scarier is an ork favored by Nurgle...FNP Warboss...

victorpofa
01-10-2007, 03:35
Second, how in the name of the Gods did you get a hold of the new Ork Codex? Man, some guys get all the luck . . .

He was using the rumored codex provided by Orkdom here (http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26658)with Warseer discussion about it here (http://warseer.com/forums/40k-news-rumour-discussion/101190-new-ork-codex-summary.html).

adreal
01-10-2007, 09:15
I gotta disagree with you about the raptors being crap now or as you say 'no where near as neat as before'

with the icon of khorne they can get a crap load of attacks, with the icon of slaanesh they will kill everything before they can get a swing in......tzeentch and nurgle may not be the best for them though

skott4991
01-10-2007, 13:32
Sounds like a wicked game. Gotta love orks.

cerealkiller195
01-10-2007, 15:48
what else did you take in the list? i played with the rumors but ran a very tame list in order not to guess too many pts.

mine went:
Boss choppa and pk
Big Mek w/ kff, oiler, rokkit

shoota boyz x20 w bsx2 nob w/ bs
shoota boyz x20 w bsx2 nob w/ bs

stormboyz x20 w/ nob w/ pk
deffkoptas x 5

lootas x12 w/ mek w/ kff

killa kanz x6 w/ bs and plates

for only about 1500pt games vs marines. I might have had somethign else but it was a month or so ago so memory is hazy. Against a Mech Marine force it did pretty good! Even against terminators! At the end of the game i still had 1 kan, about 9 lootas, big mek, 14 stormboyz, 16 shootaboyz and he had nothing on the board.

Furious charge for orks is useful though i will always miss the choppa. Six pt orks gives you enough pts to add a lot of neat stuff into the list while retaining a high number of models so i was glad about that. The WAAAGH special rule didn't give me that much of a bonus but it is neat to have because it throws off an opponents calculating.. at least somewhat. Stormboyz are just wicked! being able to fleet every turn gives them a very big advantage along with their jump packs they are very dangerous and wiped out more than their pts in the game.

Killakanz being BS 3 helps out a lot, i kitted mine out w/ big shootas and i used them as mobile firepower.