PDA

View Full Version : Frenzy and fleeing

MarcoPollo
30-09-2007, 07:16
I just want to check if this is right. If Khorne marked character joins a unit of marauders, can the unit make a voluntary flee move?

It is my thinking that it cannot, as the unit must act uniformly, and that frenzy (Immune to psychology) stops the character, and the unit from making a voluntary flee move.

I may be wrong.

DeathlessDraich
30-09-2007, 08:44
The unit can flee.
A character who is ItP loses his immunity when he joins a unit not Itp.

Atrahasis
30-09-2007, 12:27
The unit can flee.
A character who is ItP loses his immunity when he joins a unit not Itp.

No he doesn't. If he did, he would be subject to spells and abilities that do not affect ItP models.

He is simply subject to the compulsory movement of the unit he is with.

Festus
30-09-2007, 12:38
He loses ItP, as detailed on p.78 - and explicitly so.

Festus

EvC
30-09-2007, 12:40
Well that's interesting to know, for my Lahmian Vampire Lady who likes beguiling weak but frenzied mortals ;)

Atrahasis
30-09-2007, 14:14
My mistake, though I doubt the designers had thought it through when they wrote that.

Festus
30-09-2007, 14:41
Hi

I do not think that the designer thought this trough, honestly... if they had, they would've phrased it differently...

...not that this is unheard of in WHFB.

Festus

Urgat
30-09-2007, 15:16
Hi

I do not think that the designer thought this trough, honestly... if they had, they would've phrased it differently...

...not that this is unheard of in WHFB.

Festus

Understatement :p

logan054
30-09-2007, 17:51
Well that's interesting to know, for my Lahmian Vampire Lady who likes beguiling weak but frenzied mortals ;)

So you didnt wonder why i was taking a fear test with them then :P besides its not gona happen, you like sending black kinights against my marauders :p

i think problem is when they decided to streamline all the rules they created more stupid loop holes than they actually fixed, whats also stupid is that if frenzied character and unit flee from the charge he dosnt lose his frenzy either!

T10
30-09-2007, 20:33
Well, it is certainly less appealing to attach Slaaneshi champions to Marauder units... :)

-T10

EvC
01-10-2007, 11:07
So you didnt wonder why i was taking a fear test with them then :P besides its not gona happen, you like sending black kinights against my marauders :p

Oh no, I knew that you should still take your psychology tests for the unit as a whole, but if you have a Frenzied guy in the Marauders it's quite notable (and silly) that he's still Frenzied but no longer immune to psychology. I wonder what would happen if Frenzy caused him to charge out the unit, but he's still in the unit and therefore apparently not immune to psychology, so maybe he'd technically have to take a fear test to do the charge he's forced to do :D

Festus
01-10-2007, 11:21
No. As soon as he frenzy charges, he leaves the unit and is ItP again - so no fear check necessary.

FEstus

EvC
01-10-2007, 12:02
Ahh yeah, frenzied things just charge out the unit without properly declaring charges, don't they?

Festus
01-10-2007, 13:24
Yes, well, no, actually - it is just that they declare their charges at a different time. They cannot declare a normal charge anymore.
As soon as the frenzied model is found to be in range it must declare a charge - and at exactly this moment, it is not part of the unit anymore -and thus ItP again ...

FEstus

EvC
01-10-2007, 13:44
Ahh, I see, cheers for making that crystal clear!

Crazy Harborc
02-10-2007, 01:54
Yes, well, no, actually - it is just that they declare their charges at a different time. They cannot declare a normal charge anymore.
As soon as the frenzied model is found to be in range it must declare a charge - and at exactly this moment, it is not part of the unit anymore -and thus ItP again ...

FEstus

Um we were told (at a company store campaign game) that the unit could declair a charge as normal(which would be before the hero checked for charge range). The character if still with the unit would be swept along with the charging unit.

Festus
02-10-2007, 08:06
Hi

Yes, the unit may declare a charge as normal - it is just frenzied troops who have to measure first.

If the unit declares a charge, then everything stays as it is: The Character is still part of the unit, and still not ItP. So if the unit declares a charge against a fear causing enemy, fails it fear test and refuses to charge accordingly, the character has to stay put with the unit as is normal with units under a Psychology rule, whether the Character is frenzied or not. There is no problem regarding the Frenzy of the CHaracter...

FEstus

warlord hack'a
02-10-2007, 10:52
where does it say that frenzied troops can not declare normal charges anymore? What if I have a unit of wolfriders partially in front of a unit of svg orc boar boyz. Now I want the boars to charge but as the wolves are in the way no enemy is within range (as I have to manouvre too much to get past the wolves). If I can declare normal charges then I would first declare with the wolves versus enemy unit A and then with the boars versus enemy unit B. In that way in the movement phase I will first move the wolves and then the road is clear for the boars.

However, if I can no longer voluntarily declare charge with the boyz they are not allowed to charge... Strange situation..

Atrahasis
02-10-2007, 10:57
See the FAQs and errata Hack'a.

Frenzied troops must wait until all "normal" charges have been declared, and then measure and declare iff enemy are in range.

warlord hack'a
02-10-2007, 11:07
yep, youre'right.. Stupid rule I think it is..Well there goes my blocking plan (which was unreliable to atart with anyway..) ;-)

logan054
02-10-2007, 22:51
Oh no, I knew that you should still take your psychology tests for the unit as a whole, but if you have a Frenzied guy in the Marauders it's quite notable (and silly) that he's still Frenzied but no longer immune to psychology. I wonder what would happen if Frenzy caused him to charge out the unit, but he's still in the unit and therefore apparently not immune to psychology, so maybe he'd technically have to take a fear test to do the charge he's forced to do :D

Well i was just checking :p

Besides frenzy troops do not declare charges, you just measure after normal charges and pick which unit you like that is in range. As far as i was aware you could still declare a normal charge.

Festus
03-10-2007, 09:21
Well, the frenzied troops still declare a charge, but not when everybody else does. This allows for reactions and stuff... they cannot, however, declare a charge normally in the *declare-chargers-subphase*

Festus

logan054
03-10-2007, 11:18
i wouldnt class having to charge a enemy within range as declaring, its compulsory, its like saying a spawn that moves into a unit is declaring a charge.

Atrahasis
03-10-2007, 11:33
Whether you would call it that or not isn't really relevant - the rules call it that :)