PDA

View Full Version : Tank Crew Proportions?

Progena
30-09-2007, 12:35
Ok, this may be one of the really noobish Q's that pop up twice a week (yes, I used the search function). If so, please bear with me.

Are Tank Crews proportionate to their respective army's Troops?

(For example, could you put the Cogsymbol Shoulderpad from a SM Tank Crew sprue on a regular SM? Put any CSM head on your CSM Tank Commander?)

bertcom1
30-09-2007, 12:38
(For example, could you put the Cogsymbol Shoulderpad from a SM Tank Crew sprue on a regular SM? Put any CSM head on your CSM Tank Commander?)

Yes. I used the cogsymbols to make up a plastic Techmarine for example.

SM and CSM bits are interchangeable between troops and vehicle commanders.

Earthbeard
30-09-2007, 12:41
Ok, this may be one of the really noobish Q's that pop up twice a week (yes, I used the search function). If so, please bear with me.

Are Tank Crews proportionate to their respective army's Troops?

Yes fully interchangable.

Progena
30-09-2007, 12:47
Ah, thanks guys. Was a bit confused when I got my WD and checked the Vindicator sprue. The tank crew looked way too small. I guess they must've just scaled the pictures down to fit them on a two page spread.

CrewDog
30-09-2007, 16:29
One thing I have notices is some items are a touch different in size. The one that I have issues with is some of the metal shoulder pads that GW offers for Space Marines. They tend to be a little smaller than the plastic ones that come on the sprues. So you get a lopsided model if you only use one.

superknijn
30-09-2007, 16:31
It's because they were made for the older, smaller space marine models. I heard that by giving them an extra 'rim' they look just fine.

CrewDog
30-09-2007, 16:40
Nah, even the older pads are larger than some of the metal ones I have seen.

01-10-2007, 05:05
there is an IG tanker arm that is way to big for the normal models. I know cause I used it and after staring at the model knowing it wasnt right...it hit me he looked like an ape with the huge arm