PDA

View Full Version : decisions

Alucard13
30-09-2007, 19:52
I know you all have been asked this a lot but i do need help. I am not sure which marine army to start soon. My choices are Blood Angels because i love their fluff more than any other army, but i have never played an assault army before. Dark Angels because again i like the fluff and i really like terminators but i play ig and tau so that means my low amounts of troops will need to rely on their invuln. saves. And Black Templars, a third fluff loved though not quite as much as those above. And as i have said i have never played an assault army before though i know that getting to assault as quickly as they do is especially good against the two above armies. So if anyone would help me that would be appreciated.

RavenMorpheus
30-09-2007, 20:04
I think really given the current "flux" of the rules your best bet is probably DA or BA, their codices are up-to-date and will last longer (hopefully) than the current SM codex or any of the other codices.

Having said that IG are always a good army to collect, full of character imo

I personally would go for DA, but I'm biased cos I already have a DA army and I love the "fluff" as well. :)

The_Warsmith
30-09-2007, 20:22
if you like the blood angels most i would say go for them and it doesn't matter that you've never played an assault army before because it'll give you something new to try out and experiment with :)

Hicks
30-09-2007, 20:24
Hi

I think you shoud go with the Blood Angels since you like their fluff better. Since you already have 2 very shooty armies a change in playstyle can only be a good thing. Also, their codex is basicaly free so you can already try to make a list.

Personally, I prefer the BAs over DAs and BTs, for the fluff and appearance. Also, if you want to make a second funding army the BAs have the coolest successors around the Fleshtearers.

Alucard13
30-09-2007, 21:15
Oh and to specify on fluff the main reason i like the blood angels is their primarch. And i know some of you won't believe this but i just saw the DA models and they are sexy sexy. But i will see how my friend who is starting BA likes them and play against them myself and go from their. Thank you for the quick replies.

Torga_DW
30-09-2007, 21:20
Don't forget, BA are still a relatively codex chapter. Just because they have assault options doesn't mean you need to take them. You can still put together a gunline army and use DC as your sole counter-attack option. For example, i put together a veteran assault squad as follows: 3 powerfists, 2 plasma guns, 5 bolters. So i have a ultra-mobile shooty squad that throws out 9 powerfist attacks if charged.

Alucard13
01-10-2007, 01:37
and the baal predator is very tempting