PDA

View Full Version : The champions of Chaos

Khorghan
30-09-2007, 20:36
This thread is for people to post their favourite chaos champion, wether its a Tzeentch wargor or a Bloodthirster, what is your favourite Champion of chaos and what Magic item combinations do you use for them?

dalakh
01-10-2007, 08:55
Tzeentch lord on dragon with Golden Eye and Staff of Change :angel:

ghost21
01-10-2007, 09:00
my favorite charecter was count mordrek the dammed he was armed with the sword of channge 9the sword that created chaos spawn, and had a chaos rune shield , he was mounted onn a horse

TheLionReturns
01-10-2007, 10:59
Tzeentch lord on dragon with Golden Eye and Staff of Change :angel:

Tzeentch Lord with this item combo for me too but on a disc rather than a dragon. Dragon sinks so many points but more important for me the model of the Tzeentch Lord of Disc is simply one of the most beautiful models that GW produce.

StormCrow
01-10-2007, 13:22
Tzeentch Lord with this item combo for me too but on a disc rather than a dragon. Dragon sinks so many points but more important for me the model of the Tzeentch Lord of Disc is simply one of the most beautiful models that GW produce.

I am in complete agreeance for exactly the same reasons. That is a brilliant model

Neknoh
01-10-2007, 13:37
Oh there are many, far too many to account for all outside of a tactica, a few favourites include:

Doombull
- Mark of Nurgle, Blade of Blood, Heavy Armour, Shield

5 wounds, each wound that's caused by him forces him to take a strength test at strength 5, success means he gains a wound, failiure and he looses one, he can get up to double his starting wounds... meaning that we can have a 10 wound Doombull.

Lord of Chaos
- Mark of Slaanesh, Steed of Slaaensh/Chaos Dragon, Bindings of Slaanesh, Rendingsword

This character can take out any and all characters that try to escape him, he can flank a Slann mage's unit, drag the mage out, chop him into tiny, tiny bits and win the combat by a lot. He can do the same to damsels and Skaven generals and other such characters, there is no refusing going on here. None whatsoever.

Beastlord
- Mark of your choice (not Undivided), Enchanted Shield, Heavy Armour, Chaos Daemonsword

Costs LESS than a naked, mortal Lord of the same mark, hits as hard as the greater Daemon.

Exalted Champion of Chaos
- Mark of your choice, mount of your choice, Greatfang

If there ever was a knight-killer, this was it. Personally, I preffer Khornate exalted atop a Jugger, he hurts... a lot :evilgrin:

Then we have the Tzeentchian Brothers:

2 Exalted Champions of Chaos
- Marks of Tzeentch, Hallberds, Shields, one has the Golden Eye the other has the Gaze of the Gods, one might have a Spell Familliar whilst the otherone has the Mirror (good for large point games).

These two are never used allone in games of 2k with Tzeentch, they always, always get fielded together, a Beastlord takes up the third character choice and allows me to choose wether to have a Beast or mortal army.

The twins will fly together in the middle and then split up, helping one unit each, before joining back together behind enemy lines and teaming up with Screamers or Furies in a joint effort to take out the second wave/enemy support and similar units before the final charge into the centre of the enemy lines coupled with Knights and the likes.

vampires are cool!
01-10-2007, 14:44
The most hated one i've ever come across was the good old Mrk of Slaanesh, blade of blood and the pendant of Slaanesh. I hate that thing!

MarcoPollo
01-10-2007, 16:23
I like Neknoh's picks alot. Especially the slaanesh with bindings. I don' think I saw the best pound for pound fighter yet.

1) Exalted Undivided -- Great weapon and helm of many eyes.

Also,

2) Beastlord of Nurgle, with gaze, AoD, and Great weapon.
3) Wargor of Tzeetch BSB -- Vitriolic totem
4) Wargor of Tzeetch -- Staff of Darkoth and powerstone.
5) Wargor of tzeetch -- goretooth and dispell scroll.
6) Exalted of Khorne -- beserker sword on a large mount (chariot/demonic mount).
7) Exalted of Khorne -- Great fang.

skott4991
01-10-2007, 16:36
The most hated one i've ever come across was the good old Mrk of Slaanesh, blade of blood and the pendant of Slaanesh. I hate that thing!

On a slaaneshi daemonic mount, giving it moveent 10 :eek: :cheese:

cold0
01-10-2007, 17:08
1) Crom
2) Khornate Lord on steed, Axe of Khorne, Armour of Damnation & Gaze of Gods
3) Undivided Lord on steed, Helm of Many Eyes, Armour of Damnation, Gaze of Gods & Great Weapon
4) Tzeetch Lord on disk, Greatfang and Orange Fire active (excellent to open Bretonnian Knights).

Nineswords
01-10-2007, 18:33
Lord Kaldour. Seriously, someone needs to make up some rules for this guy.

And Cold0 has good taste in Avatars.

MindSlave
01-10-2007, 20:36
I use an undivided lord with the armour of damnation and the chaos runesword!

ThousandPlateaus
01-10-2007, 20:38
A thoroughly ugly miniature, but the narrative for Decala the Denied is one of the finest produced by GW. Stunning.

Neknoh
01-10-2007, 20:41
Almost forgot a recent favourite of mine:

Exalted Champion
- Armour of Tortured Souls, Hallberd, Daemonic Steed

He is an excellent addition to many a unit I've found, at least when it comes to fighting regular rank and file, the high toughness of both him and the steed coupled with both Fear and a large base saves many a unit for me lately. The trick to him is to slap him in a corner of a five wide unit and then have the unit champ standing next to him, this way, the ammount of attacks towards the unit itself is minimised, with the opponent having, at best, three models to attack the normal models of the unit, the rest goes into the unit-champion and the Exalted, the unit-champ should be able to end up in a challenge though, so, with any reasonable save, he should pull through. In essence, you are forcing your opponent to lay two attacks on a model that's purely T5 which is just mean.

W0lf
01-10-2007, 20:42
Tzeentch Exalted, Steed, Halberd.

simple but effective.. he rides with 5 chosen knights and never fails to kill at least 3 models on the charge.

That or:

Tzeentch Lord
Disc, Staff, eye, flail/halberd

Hes good... real good.

but these are just models i field.

Neknohs contributions are pretty sick. I too love the rending sword :D

ThousandPlateaus
01-10-2007, 20:45
Oh, I think I kind of missed the point.

Neknoh
01-10-2007, 20:53
Not really, dechala's fluff IS awesome, and her rules aren't too shabby for the slots she takes and her price.

Hrmm... I think I almost HAVE to mention that I do LOVE all the Greater Daemons, all of them have their uses within their armies, and they come out on special occasions... and boy are those special occasions fun :evilgrin:

blackcherry
01-10-2007, 20:57
For me, it has to be either crom, or failing that my own unit champion jeremy the ungor. seeing off every unit left right and center, his beast heard usually are very lucky and jeremy himself so far has killed more on average than my lord!

Ravik
01-10-2007, 20:59
Beastlord of Tzeentch/Nurgle - AoD, GW, Crown of Everlasting Conquest

Both can be really hard to kill, but in a superherd the Tzeentch one is actually harder to kill. With a Wargor in the same unit, the Lord can get a rerollable to be hit, and a rerollable 4+ save, 5+ ward and a regeneration save. Combined with 4 rerolls to hit and wound at Strength 7 he can be a nasty thing in a challenge.

Khorghan
01-10-2007, 22:17
No one has any deamon charicters??

theunwantedbeing
01-10-2007, 22:26
Undivided exaulted daemon lvl2 with fire magic.
Master of mortals and soul hunger.

re-rolls failed rolls to hit, always gets the flaming sword for 5 st8 attacks hitting on a 2+

Neknoh
01-10-2007, 23:26
how does he always get the sword?

Kristov
02-10-2007, 04:32
if you look at my avatar I'm sure you could guess...

cold0
02-10-2007, 10:17
And Cold0 has good taste in Avatars.

As you my friend, as you........;)

No one has any deamon charicters??

The idea is tha same of theunwantedbeing, but I explain it a bit:

Undivided daemon prince, but lvl4 with fire magic and soul hunger. So its' very likely to have the "flaming sword of Rhuin" spell.

With the spell active, the daemon hits with 2+, re-roll the failed attacks, for 6 stenght 8 attacks.

Chris_Tzeentch
02-10-2007, 12:33
I have always been a big fan of the Lord on disk, Eye and Staff of Change.

I have never actually tried the Dragon, but I would really love to.

The disk rider double team sounds like a lot of fun too - a unit of champs running around on discs would be brilliant too.

Khaeron Baoth
02-10-2007, 17:14
My long time favourite in 6th edition:

Chaos Lord: M. of Tzeentch (For style) Crown of Everlasting Conquest and Chalice of Chaos. Armed with great weapon and shield.

He joins into the unit of horrors. Horrors bring static resolution and lord does killing. He had armour save, daemonic save and regeneration. He killed even lords with dragons in challenge. Not very effective combo, but I like it. Havenīt test it in this edition.

Khorghan
02-10-2007, 21:27
As you my friend, as you........;)

The idea is tha same of theunwantedbeing, but I explain it a bit:

Undivided daemon prince, but lvl4 with fire magic and soul hunger. So its' very likely to have the "flaming sword of Rhuin" spell.

With the spell active, the daemon hits with 2+, re-roll the failed attacks, for 6 stenght 8 attacks.

however if you dont roll up the flaaming sword thats a lot of points for smething that can not go as you want it

logan054
02-10-2007, 22:54
For me its

Exalted champion
- helm of many eyes
- Great weapon

Exalted champion
- MoK
- AoD/GoG
- Sword of might
- Barded steed

Exalted champion
- MoK
- Jugger
- Flail
- Crown of everlasting conquest.

thorgrim
03-10-2007, 00:44
Khone lord Beserker sword (40), Armour of damnation (30), Collar of khorne (25), shild and a chariot with the mark of khorne.

5 attacks basic + 1 for frenzy and half the unit strengh of models in base to base on top (remember 50mm wide base for chariot and that diagonal is base to base too) plus magic resistance 2 +1 dispel dice and your opponent re-rolls successful hit against you. Makes one crazy killing machine.

mistformsquirrel
03-10-2007, 01:18
For me <,< Tzeentch Lord; equipment is secondary; for me its just the image.

Seriously - you have a character that can out-fight almost any other character in the Warhammer world. Thats ******* scary* by itself!

But then you realize that they also happen to be a level 4 wizard...

I mean good grief! <,< "I can do anything you can do, better~" <,<

<'x'>

Briohmar
03-10-2007, 12:23
I'm actually still most fond of my General in most 2K and below games. Briohmar Sriahdcat was once an Empire Captain who was captured by some Dark Elves on Albion. He was sold to a CUlt of Pleasure Sorceress who gradually converted him to the ways of Slaanesh. He is an Exalted Champion of Slaanesh on a barded steed with Berserker sword and enchanted shield. No tricks, no traps, he just exults in getting up close and personal and doing lots of carnage.

cold0
03-10-2007, 12:50
however if you dont roll up the flaaming sword thats a lot of points for smething that can not go as you want it

True, but with 4 on 6 you have a high probably to the flaming sword. And if you don't roll it, well, you have a Lvl4 Fire Wizard with the Daemon Prince stats (and soul hunger). Expensive but effective.

Arryn
03-10-2007, 13:04
I notice some people have characters with the Helm of Many Eyes.

Do you find the Stupidity factor plays much part in games?

Freak Ona Leash
03-10-2007, 22:00
Thorgar and Freya, The Red Lovers.

2 Daemon Princes of Khorne (well, one is a Daemon Princess technically) with Axe of Khorne, Might of Khorne and Soul Hunger.

All your souls are belong to Khorne.

Rarely, if ever use them at the same time but they slaughter everything and anything that comes their way.

theunwantedbeing
03-10-2007, 22:05
Stupidity for an undivided character is rarely a problem.
You get a 28% chance of a fail without the mark, but with the mark that chance of failure goes down to a mere 8% chance of failure.

So generally speaking its not a particular worry.
Suffering from stupidity doesnt remove your ability to strike first either,so even a failure of the test isnt a particular loss, you merely miss out on a few extra inches of movement that turn.

logan054
03-10-2007, 22:05
I notice some people have characters with the Helm of Many Eyes.

Do you find the Stupidity factor plays much part in games?

not on a undivided character as he can re-roll the stupidity test, with a leadership i have yet to fail one, once in combat he is immune to the effects atleast.

Arryn
04-10-2007, 12:34
Ho hum, good point...

What about the return attacks given he doesn't have a shield... Talking about a Hero here...