PDA

View Full Version : 1000 point VC list

Caligula
30-09-2007, 20:23
Hey again all. I'm once more toying around with collecting a VC army, despite the fact that the whole army is being redone relatively soon. Here's a small list I've come up with. Please let me know what you think of it.

Necromancer-
Level 2
Rod of Flaming Death
@150pts.

Necromancer-
Level 2
Book of Arkhan
@125pts.

24 Skeletons-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Skeleton Captain
@217pts.

24 Zombies-
Musician
Standard Bearer
@159pts.

5 Dire Wolves
@50pts.

5 Dire Wolves
@50pts.

5 Black Knights-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Hell Knight
@155pts.

Banshee
@90pts.

TOTAL-996pts.

Thoughts?

UltimateNagash
30-09-2007, 22:25
I would drop the Zombies for some Ghouls and a third character...
Get a third Level 2 Necromancer with the Staff of Damnation... That'll be 140. Then drop the Zombies.
You now have 19 points left...
So drop the Dire Wolves. That gives you 119.
Then grab three Fell Bats...
59 points left, not enough for 8 Ghouls... (what I feel is a good number of them...)
So drop the Skeleton Captain and some Skeletons so you can make two smaller units - remember, you can make more as you go along...
Maybe go for three units of 15, each with a Necromancer...
Well, after some thought, I think this might work better:

Necromancer 145
Level 2 Wizard, Black Periapt, Ring of the Night

Necromancer 140
Level 2 Wizard, Staff of Damnation

Necromancer 125
Level 2 Wizard, Book or Arkhan

15 Skeletons 120

15 Skeletons 120

15 Skeletons 120

5 Ghouls 40

5 Ghouls 40

5 Black Knights 149
Barding, Musician, Standard Bearer

999 points
Now, obviously, the decision is yours alone, but here's the reasoning:
3 Necromancers each with a Skeleton unit: This protects you Necromancers, allows you to get off all your IoNs that'll be your anti-war machine and flank abilities (except for the Black Knights, who are fast and durable now).
The Banshee would get killed if a single spell slipped through, and is easy to target with more stuff now. Now, that's not too much of a problem, except with Dwarfs...

deadkez
01-10-2007, 09:28
Ultimate what are you doing, man?
Summary:
Q) Is my army any good?
A) No, here, have a characterless cookie-cutter list.

Caligula, Whats your plan? How are you going to win? Just going to turn up and wing it? If you're planning to do that, take UN's list.

But I think your army has a scheme behind it. In 1000pts armies, you are going to be looking at low Ld, this is where your banshee and your Rod of FD both shine. If you can get a unit of wolves or summoned zombies behind the unit to panic, you'll destroy it.

If the enemy wants to beat you, he's going to have to target either the BKs or the skeletons, either are fairly solid (and kill some support stuff).

With this scheme in mind, I'd reduce the zombies to 12 or so and put the necromancers in here if things get hairy, or just summon more into this unit from the start of the game. I'd race the banshee up the field, screen by the wolves, (get a dispel scroll in, just in case) and add another knight for durability.

You have to be aggressive, if you're skele unit gets combo-charged, you'll struggle to get back in the game, be aware.

UltimateNagash
01-10-2007, 12:48
Ultimate what are you doing, man?
Erm... I'm not sure...

Summary:
Q) Is my army any good?
A) No, here, have a characterless cookie-cutter list.
<<

>>

:eek:

That's the first time I've been told a list of mine is CC... :)

Caligula, Whats your plan? How are you going to win? Just going to turn up and wing it? If you're planning to do that, take UN's list.
Actually, that's a good point - what is your plan?

But something I would do is try and get some Fell Bats in there... Even though my list didn't get them... :eyebrows: