PDA

View Full Version : Gearing up for Apocalypse.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
30-09-2007, 23:37
Just wondering what other posters are investing in for their army of choice.

Currently, I'm awaiting the release and subsequent delivery of a Tide of Spawn, because I love gribblyness.

Other than that, I'm piecing together me Chaos army bit by bit.

The Orange
30-09-2007, 23:53
I probably have enough Tau to do it, so I may get there at some point. But I take woefully long to make anything so i probably won't be enjoying Apocalypse anytime soon unless playing 2vs2 games with my mates (which ain't half bad).

Shadow-BOT
30-09-2007, 23:54
Just the ravager titan hunter box.

Torga_DW
30-09-2007, 23:57
I've got an armorcast baneblade, warhound and reaver gathering dust. Plus a fair amount of marine armour. I geared up for apocalypse long before it was even a twinkle in jervis' eye. Does that make me a visionary? =)

concretemonk
01-10-2007, 00:00
At last count i have about 500 points of Chaos, bunch of plague marines, and the rest will bear the mark of nurgle. Also i will probably be adding a corruted Baneblade to my forces...assuming it's allowed, i know they had a few in this month battle report.

alexh
01-10-2007, 00:03
I parted with 180 yesterday for 3 Baneblades and I still don't feel guilty. Is there something wrong with me? The lack of guilt may have something to do with getting 2 old catachan battleforces for free though.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
01-10-2007, 00:05
Nah, makes perfect sense!

My planned procurement when I start my new job (way things are going, might be sooner rather than later...) I'll be investing in 2 squadrons of Heavy Tanks, each consisting of 2 Vulcan Macharius, and 1 Vanquisher Macharius.....260 for each squadron, but hey, I'm worth it!

alexh
01-10-2007, 00:08
Nah, makes perfect sense!

My planned procurement when I start my new job (way things are going, might be sooner rather than later...) I'll be investing in 2 squadrons of Heavy Tanks, each consisting of 2 Vulcan Macharius, and 1 Vanquisher Macharius.....260 for each squadron, but hey, I'm worth it!

Will you come and play with me? :angel::angel::angel:

Voltaire
01-10-2007, 00:08
I am constructing a legion of traitor marines for the incoming apocalypse and I'm treating myself to a Baneblade and a Vindicator formation. The tide of spawn is also going to appear at some point as the idea of it is delicious and the spawn are really nice models.

Vic
01-10-2007, 00:11
Well, I'm eyeing the SM Suppression force (just cause you can never leave home without enough HS), and I want a Baneblade and the templates. I may get the Apocolypse book on a discount online store. Other than that, I've been investing in terrain alot lately (2 COD kits, and 2 Pegasus Large building kits and a Pegasus Techno-bridge, as well as 3 sets of the Heroscape Castles, and i have 3 of the 3rd edition starter set ruins, and the card stock ruins from the 2nd edition starter set). Will be loking to add a pack or two of the GW urban streets rolls, and maybe the Pegasus Chemical factory kit.

I have the old Horizon Vinyl Mad Cat kit from Battletech for my titan. Stands 18" tall, 15" wide. I wouldnt mind getting a chaos SM megaforce, or the endless swarm for Nids, but the pressures of an adult life (mortgage payments, student loan payments, groceries, fuel, utilities, WIFE) dictate that I NOT throw money willy-nilly into GW's coffers.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
01-10-2007, 00:12
Will you come and play with me? :angel::angel::angel:

No! Thhhrrrrrrrrp!:p

These are meant for use round Shawn and Ads flat, where we can smoke, drink and game into the wee small hours, and these bad boys ought to put the wind up them.

Plus, since I've now reclaimed my weekends (This new job things rules!) I can take them to the local GW just to freak out the kids with how easily I can shatter their forces!

All I need now is the perfect command tank, and I could make a Super Heavy Company.....I'm thinking Shadowsword......

alexh
01-10-2007, 00:20
Never mind I'll get my own if the wifey will let me have some "houskeeping"

Mad Doc Grotsnik
01-10-2007, 00:24
Besides, my car knackered, so I can't get to Middlesborough without using public transport!

alexh
01-10-2007, 00:31
Besides, my car knackered, so I can't get to Middlesborough without using public transport!

You're just making up excuses now aint ya!!!

Sister_Sin
01-10-2007, 00:36
I've two of the Baneblades pre-ordered.

Aside from those; finishing my resin Baneblade and Thunderbolt.

Feverishly kitbashing and scratchbuilding. I use Russ and Chimera kits with scratchbuilt parts to create my own tanks, most with a somewhat WWII German feel, some more modern like.

Sorting out my 60 female IG and their heavily modified Chimera transports.

Scratchbuilding artillery pieces.

That should do for a bit anyway.

Sister Sin

marv335
01-10-2007, 00:42
I'm converting a Crimson Fists chapter master from Marneus Calgar, I've got the masters of the chapter models undercoated and ready to paint.
I've got all the models required to field a Marine company.
I need one more vindicator for a Linebreaker sqn, and I need two more predators to form an Assassin Squadron.
most of it is painted already.
I also plan on fielding a unit of three Dreadnaughts, (I need one more) and a few squads of scouts and terminators to round things off.

Colonel Deal
01-10-2007, 00:52
Well, when I pluck up the courage to actually make the order, I'm getting a Baneblade. I say pluck up the courage because it has recently dawned on me that of the two completed (using that in the loosest terms) IG armies I have, they are both light infantry. Now the Tanith one is certainly out when it comes to using the Baneblade, but my Corsian 99th Urban Recon could be seen with one supporting them. These thoughts led me to re-arrange the background of my Corsian regiment, or at least the background of the planetary system they are from. Now amongst the mostly infantry and light infantry regiments raised by the planet are a small number of mechanised and armoured regiments. The thing is, if I buy the Baneblade, surely I have to start an armoured company alongside it?

For several days my mouse pointer has hovered over the add to cart link for the box of ten Leman Russ, as I try to convince myself that its a good idea and not a bad one.

Mikhaila
01-10-2007, 01:21
Does building 20 8'x4' tables count? How about over a 100 pieces of new scenery?

I'm working on a 10 man squad of GK termies, which will bring me to 20, and putting together a second FW GK dreadnaught. About 20 random figures are getting finished for expanded Inquisitorial retinues, and I need 3 rhinos or chimera for them. An Inquisitorial Baneblade is a must have. And just maybe a throne of judgement.

For orks, the old dreadmob from 2nd got dunked in stripper and is getting redone. One Baneblade gets looted, one gets turned into a skullcrusher. I need a big Bloodaxe mob and some "human mercenary advisors" to round out my Bloodaxe Artillery company of 3 Basilisks. So nice that you can mix things and go back to 2nd edition fluff when the IG had officers pose as mercenaries and go hire orks for the dirty work.

We're doing a window display in the shop. We just got a nice package from GW to paint up and go in the window: 15 chaos termies, 10 spawn, and the defilers to make a Brass Scorpian. The new chaos will join an existing 8k in points, and be squaring off against one huge chunk of Imperials. We'll add baneblades to both sides when they come out. Then in December we have orks invade from both sides, and squish the Imperials and Chaos back to back in the middle. )

MarkNorfolk
01-10-2007, 02:32
Painted up all my Praetoria IG I had spare and just about to paint/convert the 40 Imperial Warzone troopers I have gathering dust.

Finally assembled and painted my FW Hydra after 5 years!

Bought a Armorcast Reaver (before finding out the Datasheet isn't in the book)!.

Getting a plastic Baneblade. Thinking about a Manticore and a Bombard, and doing that Imperial Guard Landspeeder so they can Spot for the artillery.

Cheers
Mark

SinCollector
01-10-2007, 02:51
So far?

I bought the limited ed. Chaos Army box and a pack of raptors. I'm converting Imperial Guard into a traitor force to go along with them. I really want to to buy Forgeworld's renegade ogryns to go with them. I also bought a scratch-built Chaos Warhound Titan that got demolished in the mail. If I can fix it, that will go with them.

What I want to do?

Necrons: Buy two Necron battleforces and two more Monoliths. With what I already have, that'll be seventy-eight Necron warriors pouring out fire from inside the phalanx. Should be fun.

Imperial Guard: Baneblade. Scratch-built Marauder. Somebody has to shoot the Chaos Titan. :D

Black Templars: Finish painting my assault squads, Sword Brethren and 3 more squads of Terminators.

-Sin

Nabeshin1106
01-10-2007, 03:06
My Tyranids are already at a size I'm happy with, so I'm building up my Eldar.

My plans are to get the Aspect Assault Wave, the Windrider Host, the Cloudstrike Squadron, and a Revenant Titan with Sonic Lances.

This should bring my Eldar army up to around 5000 points. I'm also getting the Gamer's Edition when it arrives at my local shop.

Grimbad
01-10-2007, 03:31
I'm tightening the rivets on my stompa.

LoneSniperSG
01-10-2007, 04:43
I'm running my DIY Wolves Company. Though, I scrabbled everything together today, and I wasn't very impressed. I certainly have a good start, but nothing that screams ... er.. howls? The wrath of Leman Russ.

maybe a Baneblade and a couple more Land Raiders will take care of that for me.

One thing I -did- notice though.. is that I have meltas all over the place.

Pagumb
01-10-2007, 05:23
So far I've only pre-ordered one baneblade but from there I haven't decided which way to go. I've got an Adeptus Mechanicus army along with pretty sizeable witch hunter and daemon hunter forces. Lacking a realistic way to swing any titans I'm probably going to bulk up my IG or SM allies for the above armies. The ten strong Leman Russ box set looks tasty and I'm having trouble resisting it. May end up going with the vindicators three pack. I'm trying to wait for the rules to see what sounds cool or fun.

Korvos
01-10-2007, 05:56
Instead of building on an existing army, I'm going to take advantage of the box deals to build a new Tyranid army specifically for Apocalypse.

The thought of covering the table in swarms of gaunts and hormagaunts that have bodies over bullets and sustained assault was the last push I needed... so very many bugs... :D

Darnok
01-10-2007, 07:38
I'm mostly holding my cash back for the new Orks, but for now it is:

the book (obviously...)
one Baneblade to be orkified soon
one 1:72 Junkers Ju 88 to be an Ork Fighta-Bomber soon
more than many conversions and scratchbuilds for my Orks

I just want to have a day with 48 hours each to get all my Orks painted in time... :cries:

thegreyman
01-10-2007, 07:54
I just went down to my local store and started putting all of my assembled bugs on the table just to see what I have. As the pile grew and grew, more card gamers wandered over to find out what was going on, and several 40kers just shook their heads. By the time I finished, I realized that I was pretty dissapointed.... I only covered half of the 6 by 4 table with my bugs base to base.

*sigh* I hope I'll have enough to play Apoc...

Isambard
01-10-2007, 08:31
I played my 2nd full game of Apoc yesterday (20k per side this time), so it gives me an idea of what I need.

My gaming group has a lot of super heavies, some titans and loads of flyers, so I need something more the deal with them.

My next project though is 'The Anvil' - a super Baneblade which I hope to do a log of when I get the bits.

Sephtar II
01-10-2007, 08:58
Well I am still working on my Apocalypse Kroot mercenary army :D

Who needs Baneblades when we have pointy sitcks!

plague man
01-10-2007, 09:00
i'm still waiting for my choas space marine battle force and my advance order baneblade