PDA

View Full Version : Hatred and multiple units

Weapon-X
01-10-2007, 05:30
hello, my friend and I were wondering what happens with units that have the hatred rule when they are charged by an enemy while they were already engaged in combat for a round? Do they receive the hatred benefits against this charging unit, since it is the first turn of fighting against them, or do they not receive this due to utilizing it last turn? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. - I searched through the rules board and didn't find a relevant topic, so if this has been brought up before, I appologize.

T10
01-10-2007, 06:33
Ach. No rule book available....

Well, it depends on wether Hatred has an effect in the unit's first round of combat, or wether it loses those effects "in the next turn" after using it.

The least complicated way to resolve this issue is that it is indeed only in the unit's first round of combat that Hatred provides the re-roll to hit effect. Treat it in much the same way as a unit wielding flails: They benefit from the effects (if any) in their own first round of combat.

-T10

WLBjork
01-10-2007, 07:37
Looks like the unit does not benefit from hatred.

Troops fighting in close combat with a hated foe may re-roll any misses when they attack in the first turn of any close combat. This bonus only applies in the first turn of a combat and represents the unit venting its pent-up hatred on the foe.

Festus
01-10-2007, 07:54
Hi

Yes, I agree - only in the hating units first round of combat.

Festus

Weapon-X
01-10-2007, 14:10
cool, thanks alot for clearing that up guys!