PDA

View Full Version : Q: for anyone who has the DKoK Leman Russ extra parts

Cypher
01-10-2007, 09:26
So I've decided, against all better judgement, to start reworking some of my IG tanks for DKoK, and Im looking at the Engine Filters and Trench Rails for the Leman Russ - in the third and fourth pics here (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/lrupgrades.htm).

My question is: if you look at the last photo of the tank on that page, there's an extra bit that the trench rails are attached to, which doesnt seem to be in any of the photos. Can anyone tell me whether this part is included in either kit, or how do the trench rails work without it?

Binky
02-10-2007, 08:31
That's just part of the Phaeton pattern hull I think, it's not present on the DKOK Vanquisher I have (forget which pattern that is, it's the complete kit one that FW sell). Anyway, can't see any reason why the trench rails wouldn't fit straight onto a regular Leman Russ hull.

Darkane
02-10-2007, 18:03
Actually they won't fit lol...Or what i mean by that is that the engine filters will fit but the trench rails won't. I originally went with the idea of using a normal leman russ i had and using it for my death korps by adding the extra bits they sell on their site. I guess the trench rails must be meant for the hulls that they sell elsewhere on their site because they don't fit the ordinary leman russ. The extra piece on the end of the phaeton pattern russ there doesn't come with the engine filters or trench rails if you buy those seperately and I assume thats just a phaeton pattern piece that comes with that particular kit. You could probably get the pieces to fit however by scratchbuilding or using green stuff to add more length to the rear of the tank so the trench rails will fit. Me, i'll save the rails for something else I guess...

Cypher
02-10-2007, 20:39
Yeah, that's what I thought. Shame, because I've got an abundance of Russes I wanted to rekit. Guess I'll sell them and replace them with FW kits.

Darkane
02-10-2007, 20:46
Which is pretty much what I did as well. Haven't regretted it either, as the forgeworld tanks look great anyways. I figure at some point I'll get a destroyer tank and can try putting the rails on that someday.