PDA

View Full Version : who has the PSP??

Brother Bob
02-09-2005, 17:23
well the PSP was launched yesterday in europe..
who already has a PSP? its really a pain i dont have it (money...) :cries:

~BB~

Keravin
02-09-2005, 18:43
Got one in the US and brought it back with us.

Lovely machine, especially once you figure ways around movies draining the battery quickly.

BorisGT
02-09-2005, 22:55
I haven't got one though I could have had one for some time now (I live in the US).

I think it's a cool little machine, though not worth the price tag at this point. The benefit is it being regionless so go ahead and buy whatever the hell you want from where ever the hell you want.

fellows
04-09-2005, 09:03
The benefit is it being regionless so go ahead and buy whatever the hell you want from where ever the hell you want.

Not true, although all PSP games are region free, the UMD Movies are still region encoded.

Tomasaurus
04-09-2005, 13:56
I have one and use it everyday, in the car, at work, at home sometimes too, its really a neat piece of electronics.

Brother Bob
04-09-2005, 14:00
i`m going to buy it in a few months gonna take a job so i can afford it.

~BB~

Ravening Wh0re
04-09-2005, 14:49
I'm still waiting for more games that I'd want to justify buying one. Although it's now under 100 pounds here, there really isn't anything now or in the near future that warrants the purchase.
I'd like one, no doubt, especially the lovely white one, but perhaps later

ps, I heatd there are shortages in the UK? Cex in London are offering 180 cash for one as a trade-in. Is it true, or are there a fair few floating around?

BorisGT
04-09-2005, 16:27
Not true, although all PSP games are region free, the UMD Movies are still region encoded.

To be fair, if you're buying UMD movies for the thing then you're wasting your money. They're sometimes double the price of their DVD counterparts and don't include special features you may get with a DVD. Besides, you'll have to buy additional power for the machine in order to watch movies to any great effect. You might get one under your belt, but then your battery is likely dead or just about to die.

Inquisitor Engel
04-09-2005, 20:11
I'm still waiting for more games that I'd want to justify buying one. Although it's now under 100 pounds here, there really isn't anything now or in the near future that warrants the purchase.
I'd like one, no doubt, especially the lovely white one, but perhaps later

:wtf:

We in the US still only have the standard black one!

And you have it cheaper! It's still $250 here! That's like 125ish pounds!

I feel cheated!

To be honest though, the PSP is basically a PS2 with a smaller screen. It's not worth getting for movies unless you're going to be a passenger on a long, long road trip.

It is also EXTREMELY fragile... Looks nice, but just a tad excessive...

Flashheart
05-09-2005, 08:55
I don't know if it is any kind of consolation to you Inquisitor Engel but here in Denmark it costs around $330...

alterion
05-09-2005, 09:22
under 100 is in hong kong.. in the uk its 180 .. now I feel cheated..

The Dragon Reborn
06-09-2005, 04:41
DS pwns all

Ravening Wh0re
06-09-2005, 05:20
DS pwns all

Indeed. But they were specifically talking about the PSP so don't be so naughty. (although I'm seriously considering buying a second DS cos the red one is sooo sexy)

Chuffy
06-09-2005, 09:43
PSP? Good?

Those dead pixels, easily scratched screen, dust gathering inside the screen, the eject button being right next to the R button and the fact that you can bend it apart easily make it really good! Lets not forget the awesome 'feature' (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/12/17/news_6115293.html) of the square button not working.

I already have a PS2, theres no point in playing a smaller one which has tinny music and games which I played a couple of years ago.

Pass.

Jedi152
07-09-2005, 11:15
I've heard of several people who's psp's have dead pixels (when they brought it) and reported this to Sony, but they were refused an exchange as Sony don't consider it to be bad enough to warrent a new unit!

How bad customer service is that? You spend 180 on a handheld, and if it's damaged they won't replace it ... unexcusable.

Sony won't get my money ... until the PS3. Possibly.

And to be honest i'd never use a handheld. I got a GB color a few years ago and i've only played it about 5 times. I only play games when i'm sitting at home, and i've got a PS2 for that.

Keravin
07-09-2005, 13:53
PSP? Good?

Those dead pixels,

Potential problem yes.

easily scratched screen,

Just get a screen protector. Especially if you're going to travel with it

dust gathering inside the screen

Had no problems with that

the eject button being right next to the R button

So you press the R Button by pushing to the side on it. That's just idiots using it.

It's got better games than the DS.

We're doing a feature on buying a new PSP in various countries next month for the Magazine I write for.

To be honest I think it has better graphics than the PS2 - compare Brotherhood of the Blade to Baldur's gate for starters.

Samoth
07-09-2005, 16:16
Advance Wars Dual Strike.

Pwned, and how.

Ravening Wh0re
08-09-2005, 11:50
It's got better games than the DS.

I'm afraid that's YOUR opinion, and certainly not fact.

Advance Wars, Meteos and Another Code make DS superior in terms of games (my opinion)

Hell, I'm a gamer and PSP hasn't yet sold to me because of the lacklustre catalogue. And I sooo want an excuse to buy one