PDA

View Full Version : Best assassin

JonnyX
01-10-2007, 19:08
Which of the assassins do you think is best? eg calidus assassin (one of the 4)
PS explain y too plz cause I am thinking of putting one in BT army:angel:

Leunam
01-10-2007, 19:11
1. You have the ability to lock threads. Lock one of your duplicates.
2. PLEASE clean up your post. You are not in a race to post so you can definitely take time to at least spell correctly.

I'm using a Vindicare purely for flavor sake. The other Assassins are a force on their own in CC. Some Daemon/Witch Hunters should come in with better input than me, though.

Also, this guy has pretty good input on Assassins:

http://belloflostsouls.blogspot.com/

Latro_
01-10-2007, 19:17
eversor, cheaper, deadly
callidus is over priced for what she can do
vindicare gets to fire 6 times, will miss one of those and will prob not wound with a couple... woo hoo.
culexus is only decent when psykers are aboot.

eversor all the way.
infiltate and a 18" charge range... with a max of 10 attacks always woundign on a 4+ no save. oh yes.
Then factor in fast shot, melta bombs, and he takes stuff with him we he dies. By far the best an coolest assassin.

boogle
01-10-2007, 20:06
Eversor for points value, I personally like the Vindicare, i usually fire the special rounds early on and then use his Exitus pistol for that couple of wonderful AP3 shots

Bob5000
01-10-2007, 20:12
Eversor for me too , cheaper , and the fun factor is high .

This weekend I used an Eversor which was responsible for taking down a 5 Lightning Clawed Terminator squad , an attack Bike , and when killed, went in to bio meltdown and killed 2 Space Marines , yep , it explodes when destroyed .
Oh , and it charges twice the normal distance

Just dont leave it in the open , it will get shot at

t-tauri
01-10-2007, 20:17

Please take the time to post in proper English. Please don't open multiple threads on the same topic. Check out the posting guidelines linked to in my signature.

Finn
01-10-2007, 20:19
Culexus used to be just plain mean against Eldar, Ulthwe in particular...

Callidus can be real handy at times (she's guaranteed not to get shot at), though the Eversor is definitely best hands-down in close combat, I'd field either one.

FateofChaos
01-10-2007, 20:28
Deathcult, DS, Numbers, Power weapons, Cheep.

RavenMorpheus
01-10-2007, 20:29

Vindicare. Aim, shoot, leave. Nuff said.

Hand of Dume
01-10-2007, 21:41
vindicare first, always liked the sniper assassin plus ap2 and special rounds. even his pistol is ap2. callidus next, appear anywhere on the battlefield and c'tan phase sword (no saves possible).

Neknoh
01-10-2007, 21:53
With new chaos about, I am starting to like the look of the Culexus more and more, that gun suddenly gets awfully high-powered when doing suicide-runs into the heart of Chaos armies where the Sorcerors are high in numbers

Oberon
01-10-2007, 22:08
I was all about callidus when I played DH myself, and still rank callidus first, eversor second, followed by vindicare and culexus. Against new CSM, vindicare might even get the second place, there is some nice targets there. Icon bearers *boom your inv save is gone*, sorcerors *where´s your lash again?*, and the traditional asps of course.
Anyway, callidus is the ever greatest. You can ruin your opponent´s battleplan even before the game starts, keep him on his toes waiting for the assasin to reveal herself, and then wreak havoc where it hurts the most. Havocs, ICs, raptors... yummy. Lots of lovely points.

scopedog91
02-10-2007, 00:29
Best assassin?
The one that you never see...
Seriously though, I really dig the Callidus.
Firstly, cuz of the Deep Strike anywhere you want.
Second, that look when you get to tell the other guy to move his models again...
Third: C'tan.Phase.Sword.

Ravik
02-10-2007, 00:38
For me it's the Eversor, mainly it's the cheapest and generally the easiest to get to work. However, lately with the new Chaos and Eldar books, the Vindicare is seeming a lot better. Being able to get rid of exarchs or icons can really help change the tide of battle.

Ozendorph
02-10-2007, 00:58
Eversor. What he lacks in subtlety he makes up for in Brock Sampson-like fits of ultra-violence.

Zanzibarthefirst
02-10-2007, 01:00
what about a pair, or three death cult assassins, they work great as a support unit, especially with eversor, which is my favourite of the temple assassins

Tehkonrad
02-10-2007, 01:11
Culexus mmm pariah goodness

Surgency
02-10-2007, 01:22
read for yourself who's good at what on bell of lost souls blog. Mkerr is really good with his assassins. Find it at www.belloflostsouls.blogspot.com

One_Second_of_Insanity
02-10-2007, 02:13
Eversor all the way cheap and very effective, followed by the vindicare but you nedd to use him very well for it to be worth taking (ie target 1 wound models that will cause your army the most pain)

Kasonic
02-10-2007, 02:20
I like them all, although perhaps Callidus the most.

Eversors are practically guaranteed to rip something a new one.

Culexus is a devastating combo with SM Scout Snipers or assault troops.

Death Cults provide more durability than an Eversor and are much better and killing larger numbers of troops.

Vindicares are excellent versus character-heavy forces like Marines, Eldar, or DE.

sabre4190
02-10-2007, 02:20
Vindicare. Is he the most effective? I dont know. The CC variants can kill more, although at a much greater risk to themselves. But the vindicare can get rid of those sergeants and special/heavy weapons troopers from a distance. But I really am saying this because the vindicare is just too cool. Snipers? Come on. nuff said

Marstfu
02-10-2007, 02:29
Erversor seems logical.
I love them though.

He charges my Mutants, I'm scared.
He fluffs it.
My mutants smash his face in.
He explodes, killing.. nothing. Yeah!

WarEagle
02-10-2007, 03:02
Vindicare - because it lets you pic out special weapon carriers or just some one you don't like :D

bhusus
02-10-2007, 04:15
I also like the Vindicare for both usefulness on the field and fluff. Not only can he pick off his targets and thereby eliminate sergeants w/power fists, exarchs, icons, necron lords, etc etc., but with the special rounds, has the capability to do so more effectivley. Also when I think assassin, I always think of snipers, and since a lot of playing ideas involve fluff, that's a good enough reason for me.

BattleSarge
02-10-2007, 05:10
depends on what you are killing. I like them all and i can't wait for a game of apocalypse so I can take them all!

Admiral Samuel Eden
02-10-2007, 06:12
If you dont know who your facing then Evasor. If your facing a small force that will have small numbers of elite models then take the Vindicare. i.e. DH. If your facing new Chaos maybe a Colexus, I like the Callidus but its not that great. Remember that all 0-1 units are made 0-x in Apocalypse so you can field multiple assassins in Apocalypse's! YAY!

Warlord Gnashgrod
02-10-2007, 06:52
eversor, cheaper, deadly
callidus is over priced for what she can do
vindicare gets to fire 6 times, will miss one of those and will prob not wound with a couple... woo hoo.
culexus is only decent when psykers are aboot.

eversor all the way.
infiltate and a 18" charge range... with a max of 10 attacks always woundign on a 4+ no save. oh yes.
Then factor in fast shot, melta bombs, and he takes stuff with him we he dies. By far the best an coolest assassin.

I agree with Latro completely. He gave all the same reasons that I would have. Eversor for the win!

Admiral Samuel Eden
02-10-2007, 11:45
Go evasor. Death Cult are pretty useless.

glowing in the dark
02-10-2007, 12:40
I'd say culexus. He made me cry last saturday. Couldn't shoot him the entire first turn(with no less than 4 squads), then the WH inqusitor cast some ghastly power(the one that makes you pass Ld test or fall back, and with ld 7 that ain't easy)and 2 of my squads ran off the table! In second turn he walked to my farseer and beat the crap out of him, and only because he made consolidation roll of 1' i got to shoot him to pieces. I don't know how it ended a draw, but i was almost erased because of first 2 turns dealing with the abomination.:eek: