PDA

View Full Version : Baneblade or Suppression force

Vic
01-10-2007, 20:25
OK, I have a HUGE SM army. I wouldnt mind seeing a Supression force set as I could always use Whirlwinds. BUT, I like the way the baneblade model looks. BUT, I have an SM army, which really wouldnt have a Baneblade to begin with.

Both sets are around the $90 mark. Cant get both, as I am an adult with:
5 kids
1 wife
1 mortgage
2 cars
food for said wife/kids
fuel for said vehicles
2 student loans
Utilities (heating fuel, electricity, phone, internet).
In other words, a LIFE outside of miniatures (go figure).

SO, by concensus, which would YOU get:
Suppression Force set
or
Baneblade kit....

RavenMorpheus
01-10-2007, 20:27
If you can't get both try selling something - Kids or Wife may I suggest :D

Seriously though I'd take the Baneblade, it'll soak up a lot of firepower and pound the absolute c**p out of any opponents. Not knowing the Apocalypse rules I would suggest that you can take the Baneblade as an ally but I'm not entirely sure if that'd work or be possible.

Norminator
01-10-2007, 20:31
Whilst the Baneblade is a nice model, the logical choice is the Supression force. If you've got a Marine army it seems slightly illogical to get an Imperial Guard tank.

However, are you more a gamer or painter? If the latter, and you like the Baneblade model more, get it instead of the Whirlwinds.

Vic
01-10-2007, 20:31
Raven:
Here in the US, that's illegal. I already looked into it. Different story in Europe (you people are depraved LOL).

RavenMorpheus
01-10-2007, 20:36
Raven:
Here in the US, that's illegal. I already looked into it. Different story in Europe (you people are depraved LOL).

I'm assuming you mean selling your wife and kids, it's illegal here as well afaik :D

Anyway either way you look at it the Baneblade is a better investment than the Whirlwinds, certainly from my pov - you could even use it as the start of an IG army.

The_Warsmith
01-10-2007, 20:37
BANEBLADE BANEBLADE BANEBLADE!!!!!

:D

it kicks bum

Felworth
01-10-2007, 20:40
Raven:

Whoa whoa whoa...

No one said anything about selling the kids into slavery. Thats illegal, probably. Just wait till the kids come of age (I think you can get married in Alabama at 12 years with parental consent) and sell- er, offer their hands in marriage for a substantial dowrey. All perfectly legitimate.

So I'm told.

As for the sets, Baneblade is nice but I'm all for theme. Get the Whirlwinds to lay the hurt on the Emperor's foes. And then get some Vindicators.

Godgolden
01-10-2007, 20:40
Two whirlwinds and a landspeeder can be used in casual games easily, a baneblade is a special occasion/apocalypse.

But me.. i have tanks tanks TANKS so for me the baneblade.

Obermotz
01-10-2007, 20:41
If he wants to do legal stuff for money, then he might aswell stay with his job..

Captain Micha
01-10-2007, 21:38
Baneblade.....

as to acquiring funds... sell off whatever you aren't using for 40k

Xenocidal Maniac
01-10-2007, 21:47
Raven:

Whoah, whoah, whoah!

Illegal? Perhaps. Immoral? I dunno! You make the call! It is for more miniatures... ;)

Hmm... Firstborn? Baneblade? Firstborn? Baneblade? Decisions, decisions...

In all serious, I would get the suppression force if I were you. I just don't see how marines would really be able to get ahold of a Baneblade. Let us IG players play with our toys, and you play with your own!! :D

LoneSniperSG
01-10-2007, 22:47
(
Whilst the Baneblade is a nice model, the logical choice is the Supression force. If you've got a Marine army it seems slightly illogical to get an Imperial Guard tank.

However, are you more a gamer or painter? If the latter, and you like the Baneblade model more, get it instead of the Whirlwinds.

Scrap both and get a pair of Land Raiders?

Though that would certainly cost more...:eyebrows:

Although, since you have an actual life, unlike me, and you don't sound crazy (or stupid) like me.. you might want to get something you can use more often. So I guess I'd say, go with something along the Marine line. Perhaps you might even want to see about a Linebreaker squadron.

Vic
01-10-2007, 23:25
(

Scrap both and get a pair of Land Raiders?

Though that would certainly cost more...:eyebrows:

Although, since you have an actual life, unlike me, and you don't sound crazy (or stupid) like me.. you might want to get something you can use more often. So I guess I'd say, go with something along the Marine line. Perhaps you might even want to see about a Linebreaker squadron.

YOU BASTARD!!!

drool.....Linebreaker squadron.....damn. Hmmm....I already own 9 Land Speeders, and I have 2 LR (one is Crusader variant). A couple of WhirlWinds look sweet, but when is that Linbreaker box set coming out? If its long enough after Christmas (I have to buy gifts fro 5 kids and an adult).

boogle
01-10-2007, 23:30
Yeah some Vindicators would be a good investment

chaos0xomega
02-10-2007, 03:18
If you can't get both try selling something - Kids or Wife may I suggest :D

Seriously though I'd take the Baneblade, it'll soak up a lot of firepower and pound the absolute c**p out of any opponents. Not knowing the Apocalypse rules I would suggest that you can take the Baneblade as an ally but I'm not entirely sure if that'd work or be possible.

If your wife is blond, I believe my old German teacher may know a few people in Algeria that would pay good camel for her...

Hmm... Firstborn? Baneblade? Firstborn? Baneblade? Decisions, decisions...

How about a firstborn baneblade? "Honey, I swear he was in the carseat when I left the store, I honestly don't know how this suppression force and 3 Baneblades got into his carseat... but maybe... we can love them as we loved little johnny, as if they were our firstborn children(twins/triplets/whatever), give them the life they always dreamed of... and in the process kick some Traitor Ass!"

killa kan kaus
02-10-2007, 03:45
For me it is firstborn or firstborn. I tempted by the IG one

LoneSniperSG
02-10-2007, 03:59
YOU BASTARD!!!

drool.....Linebreaker squadron.....damn.

Just doing what I can with the mind the Emporer blessed :evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin:

Vic
02-10-2007, 11:23
Anyone have an idea when the linebreaker set will become available and what the price will be?

paspinall
02-10-2007, 17:08
Er Linebreaker is out with the majority of the other Apocalypse box sets, and not sure on the price for you guys unfortunatly. (probably les than we get it LOL)

Darkane
02-10-2007, 17:23
Yes, the linebreaker set should be out along with all the other apocalypse goodies and it'd be more of a logical choice to snag something that was in line with your current space marine army. I'd get both though eventually if you ever had a chance. I can relate to having quite few expenses of my own (though not nearly as much as yourself). While I only have 1 kid to support and not as much expenses that you have, I do know there are ways to budget things around and make sacrifces to get what you want (not sacrifices as in the children of course! :D ). I'd say, grab the space marine sets first though because from what i've heard they may be limited releases anyways. So in time you could get a baneblade if you want the giant tank and by then you could come up with a way to justify its use. Although its not like you need much justification, its your army after all.

Vic
02-10-2007, 20:55
Yes, but does anyone know what the price is on the linebreaker set? I cant seem to find a US price on the GW site. I'd like to get that before the suppression force as I'd LOVE to have 3 vindi's....

MemphisMark
02-10-2007, 21:22
My Ultramarines have a Baneblade on order, as well as a second Whirlie so I can have both! I'll just put a searchlight on the bottom of one of my land speeders so I can use it as the spotter vehicle.

I can hardly wait to have an Ultramarines Blue Baneblade delivering the wrath of the Emperor on his enemies.

paspinall
02-10-2007, 21:29
I cannot find anywhere with the US pricing for the linebreaker, it was one of the items on the original schedule that didnt have a listed price.

ChaosMaster
02-10-2007, 21:43
The US price for the Linebreaker Squadron is $95. It comes with Chaos and Imperial hatch sprues for all 3 vehicles. Individual Vindicators will cost $40 when they are released in a few weeks. This set has been available for pre-order in US GW stores for a few weeks now.

Xenocidal Maniac
02-10-2007, 21:47
The US price for the Linebreaker Squadron is $95. It comes with Chaos and Imperial hatch sprues for all 3 vehicles. Individual Vindicators will cost $40 when they are released in a few weeks. This set has been available for pre-order in US GW stores for a few weeks now.

Ooooh!! Are you sure about this? I had no idea. I will DEFINITELY pick one up for my Chaos army then.

ChaosMaster
02-10-2007, 21:50
Ooooh!! Are you sure about this? I had no idea. I will DEFINITELY pick one up for my Chaos army then.
I am certain. I already pre-ordered this set myself. Have fun!

srgt. gak
02-10-2007, 21:56
Dude you should realy grab a baneblade. You could make it look like the marines captured it from a rebel IG (not chaos for then it would smell and need to be burnt) oh and what chapter are you using. Oh and heres a tip if u do start an IG army make it a aroured regiement. I played one of those at the hard boys games and it it killed two land raiders, two squads of termies, a terminator chaplin, a predator, 2 land speeders and five squads of marines before the first turn was over. what ever u do dont pick a footsloggin army They will get devastated