PDA

View Full Version : slaanesh...how?

warmaster tz'arkan
01-10-2007, 23:40
we allknow slaanesh is the youngest of the chaos gods, and that in 40k, he was created by the fall of the eldar. how though, did he get spawned like that in fantasy?:wtf:

ideas?

vampires are cool!
01-10-2007, 23:48
The fantasy and 40K universes are linked, or at leasted they never used to be not linked, so for all the fantasy crew know he's just sprung up like a daisy just for their own good.

Kasonic
02-10-2007, 01:24
I believe there have been many hints in the fluff that Fantasy takes place on an isolated world in the 40k universe, although time-wise it could be anywhere from shortly after the Fall to present 40K day and beyond.

Green-is-best
02-10-2007, 01:39
I remember back at the old GW shop in Santa Monica, Ca, they'd run Terminator Squad vs. WHFB army scenarios.

One of the gifts that old school WHFB Chaos champions could get was 40k weapons, and the "Beweaponed Extremity" mutation included 40k weapons too.

GodHead
02-10-2007, 03:42
The connection between the two games has been severed long ago. There is no longer any tie between the games other than resemblance.

Tehkonrad
02-10-2007, 05:03
which is unfortunate; linkage is great!

Ward.
02-10-2007, 05:34
Linkage sucks, It kills the setting because we already know what the future/ rest of the universe is like. Still don't like the "star gods" and old ones theme the lizardmen have. that and little timmy's space marines should Never overwhelm the planet.

In fantasy slaanesh is explained the same way as the other gods are, poorly, :P

Gen.Steiner
02-10-2007, 06:59
Linkage works. That's all I'll say about that. And, to be brutally honest, it still exists - look at the Liber Chaotica... :angel:

Ward.
02-10-2007, 08:16
Oh exist it does, but works, no, not as it is right now, it needs to be far deeper then that, I want a multi-layered setting.
For 40k it's fine because in such a large setting there's many different plots, but I want something behind the old ones, and someone behind them, etc